No event on Star Wars Day? This a joke?

SinnerG
16 posts Member
Current events for droids and gold are garbage as usual. Some people speculated yoda would come back, which would have been okay, that was snuffed by the timer starting a day or two ago, so he'll be here in a week.
I'm probably just overreacting but it seems like a blunder.

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Hi, im joker. And there is an event... Double drops nearly everywhere
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Seems like a missed opportunity to be sure, but they have never done anything on Holiday's so why should the "Star Wars" holiday be different?
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    SinnerG wrote: »
    Current events for droids and gold are garbage as usual. Some people speculated yoda would come back, which would have been okay, that was snuffed by the timer starting a day or two ago, so he'll be here in a week.

You are aware that Hard Mode LS/DS Missions, Cantina, and GW are all giving double rewards right? Did you want a ticket to the Episode VIII premier as well?
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Diraan wrote: »

You are aware that Hard Mode LS/DS Missions, Cantina, and GW are all giving double rewards right? Did you want a ticket to the Episode VIII premier as well?

If he doesn't take it I gladly will :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Kopfschuss
    653 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sooo mad at this game!....hey how did I get so many GS shards? O well....pew pew
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Options
    Personally I think these double reward events should happen more often. Maybe like once a month or something.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    MrJx3 wrote: »
    Personally I think these double reward events should happen more often. Maybe like once a month or something.

Personally I think they should permanently keep the double credit rewards in GW. I've stacked multiple set of GW in a row for this event and it's a godsend how much progress I can make when I have enough credits.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    I friggin LOVE todays event. Got over 20 RG shards within 10 mins.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    I've racked up about 26 Chief Chirpa (whatever) shards over the Light Side double event myself. Love it!
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah it's cool. Between yesterday and today I got HRS from 6 to 7 and Barriss from 5 to 6, what's not to love.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Personally I think they should permanently keep the double credit rewards in GW. I've stacked multiple set of GW in a row for this event and it's a godsend how much progress I can make when I have enough credits.

Makes perfect sense.

Therefore it wont happen.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options

Makes perfect sense.

I don't think keeping all events double is a good idea, but GW awards should be increased or at least scaled by player level. The cost of leveling toons increases but the opportunity to earn more credits has not increased.
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    What they gave us for may the 4th is HUGE.

Huge is relative, and its relativity is based on things previously given to us by cg.

Still feel where youre coming from
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I did expect something more.
    I expected Luke or something massive.

What did you do for May the Fourth?
    I sat inside at home for three hours completing 36 Galactic War nodes. Yippee

Screen-Shot-2015-01-27-at-10.18.43-AM.png
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Options
    @BentWookiee

Your comment made me laugh more then it should :D

• Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    I was hoping that they might open-up their Chromium Exclusive characters to some kind of special pricing for one day, but I knew it was a longshot. They gave us something very good this week, so let's try and stay positive about it.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    It's just never enough.
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    Options
    @BentWookiee

At least 2000 of the @BentWookiee posts are welcome to the forum. Another 1000 for moderation and quoting the ToS.

Which leaves about 14 real posts.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Harmonica wrote: »
    @BentWookiee

At least 2000 of the @BentWookiee posts are welcome to the forum. Another 1000 for moderation and quoting the ToS.

:|

• vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options

Makes perfect sense.

I don't think keeping all events double is a good idea, but GW awards should be increased or at least scaled by player level. The cost of leveling toons increases but the opportunity to earn more credits has not increased.

It should be once a month. I'm sure their profits increase nicely on the double reward days.
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options
    @BentWookiee

Ummmm....ok?
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    Options
    Diraan wrote: »

Only if Luke is given some lines in the movie B)
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Hi, im joker. And there is an event... Double drops nearly everywhere

Super limited on what does get doubled, and where doubles drop from. This is basically Star Wars X-mas/ New Years, why would they not open everything, allow unlimited raiding on everything. Would hook thousands and people would play all year long just to have May 4th on the horizon. . .
  • Options
    I was hoping that they might open-up their Chromium Exclusive characters to some kind of special pricing for one day, but I knew it was a longshot. They gave us something very good this week, so let's try and stay positive about it.

They gave us mere bait to buy more to get more character shards. If it was truly about Star Wars and not profits hey would do something epic. Like let everyone who plays pic one character to have gifted that's is levels to the players team level and geared as fully as that level would allow. Skills too. . . Don't tell me they haven't made more money than they know what to do with.
  • Options
    I am impressed however with the guild system, the goal of working as a team and how it can benafit individuals and the group, and it's nice to see those seemingly unattainable gear upgrades get a little closer to ones reach. Thank you very very much on that note Dev team / CEO types.
  • Options
    Harmonica wrote: »
    @BentWookiee

:|

Make that 15 real posts. Big fan
  • Options
    Deschutes wrote: »

They gave us mere bait to buy more to get more character shards. If it was truly about Star Wars and not profits hey would do something epic. Like let everyone who plays pic one character to have gifted that's is levels to the players team level and geared as fully as that level would allow. Skills too. . . Don't tell me they haven't made more money than they know what to do with.

I'd pick GG only because I won't be getting him anytime soon and I want him because I wanna have every character in the game
  • Options
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    I'm sooo mad at this game!....hey how did I get so many GS shards? O well....pew pew

It was a tough day. Almost 100 lando shards and just starting my third full round of GW. But they did trick me into wasting GW tokens on magma, so I'm kinda bitter about that.