Suggestion to make more players happy.

TheTherion7
15 posts Member
edited May 2016
Hi, this is my 1st topic. I have spent some money on this game, but not too much. I understand monetization and profits etc, but i still try to persuade developers to make more long term profits by making a game more friendly without spending much but attracting more players, than to make short term profits that eventually make the game bad and people stop playing.

So i had an idea. Make it's not a good one. Maybe it is.

In order to make more characters valuable, and more players feel good about what they invested in, WITHOUT drastically changing the game...you could incorporate a weekend special feature that makes a character (or a certain type of character) be much more important that he usually is!

This would only last one weekend, and next weekend it will be something else. So it wont break the game in general. Some of these special rules could not boost a certain character or character type, they could be just fun. Also if every weekend is too often it could be 3 times a month or whatever is best.

So what could it be? I am not sure, but some suggestions could be :

1. "Stunning game" : This weekend stun chance is doubled
2. "Wolverine weekend" : This weekend healers heal twice as much
3. "Counter mayhem" : This weekend every character counters when they receive counter damage.
4. "Can't touch this" : This weekend tenacity is doubled.

Of course this is just a the basic idea. Perhaps some of you can take it further. The possibilities are many and diverse.

thanks for reading.

Replies

• djwarcr
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Or better RNG on weekends at least
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Great topic...nice ideas...just wanna put this out there, if ya dont like it send right on back (send self addressed envelope to wes mantooth @ newschannel 6)...in pvp award something for # of times individual have been attacked daily...some squads attract way more attention than others.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Not really seeing this. Something more likely to happen is the events they had to get the Omegas where you needed 3 random characters.
  • Options
    That would be fun, but more likely to stick with the special faction events such as jawas or ewoks or jedi (starting in 7 days).
  • Options
    @Veritasum : why not ?
  • Options
    Cool post slugmate. Tho I kinda feel no.4 'Can't touch this' should be 'dodge rates are doubled this weekend'. XD

I don't think this is viable for arena or GW, but for a new set of challenges, it'd be fun.
  • HB0MBZ
    190 posts Member
    Options
    How about a new character everyday that is worth 2 shards instead of one.
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    Options
    That's a nice idea.
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    Options
    interesting idea, but I don't think it would make game better.

in fact it really benefits players that have many toons, and certainly wouldn't attract more players to the game since they would find it hard to benefit from your suggested events
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    p2p will benefit more from this. As an f2p my roster is relatively small, the chance of having a character that is doubled in the weekend is smaller for us f2ps. I dont see how this would improve my gaming experience as a f2p player.
    Save water, drink champagne!