Replies

• Balaxxe
    159 posts Member
    Options
    +10000
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    There are many problems with how raids are started, the refresh, etc.
    But if the leader is regularly starting raids and not finding a way to tell the guild about it, it's time to find a new guild.
    I find it very difficult to believe the heroic raid is being cleared in 30 minutes.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • oofalong
    171 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    But if the leader is regularly starting raids and not finding a way to tell the guild about it, it's time to find a new guild.
    I find it very difficult to believe the heroic raid is being cleared in 30 minutes.

I think it was about 23 mins today...seriously.
  • Balaxxe
    159 posts Member
    Options
    oofalong wrote: »

It was, I got out of the shower and it was done.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    +12

I love this idea. It's become so much of a problem that it is starting the cause guild drama.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    oofalong wrote: »

If we hadn't put in an arbitrary hour break after we hit P4 for late arrivals it would have been 19 minutes
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    How many attacks to beat the heroic raid?

I don't like that idea of dividing it into segments. It turns raiding into a solo activity. For guilds without access to every character the taking turns to use optimim teams at each stage is part of the strategy to win

I do agree with threshold based rewards, and a minimum one guild day in which players can overkill the raid. I don't agree with eliminating the cooperative and coordination aspect of the raids and turning them into solo activities.

Also they should make an impossible raid that you get a ticket for when you clear the heroic raid and have endless tiers of it. Each time you beat the impossible raid the Rancor gains 5% health and damage.
  • Options
    If you clearing heroic in 23 minutes, you are chaating, plain and simple.
  • oofalong
    171 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    How many attacks to beat the heroic raid?

All in, I'd say it was 220-230 attacks.
  • Balaxxe
    159 posts Member
    Options

We aren't.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Apparently this is legit, so I apologize for doubting it. It's just unusual to see TI people bring up such issues in public.
    The only way I can see that this is happening is if everyone is going into phase 1 immediately and doing so much damage on the captain that it is being applied into later phases. I've always wondered what would happen in this situation.
    Or some broken combo has been discovered, probably involving constantly reducing TM.
    Looks like some QA fell through the cracks here.
    And yes, the whole "DPS decides if you get good stuff or crap" thing needs to go.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    It goes down fast when you have 50 people with 50+ Not sure why people think there's cheating involved. you have as many attacks for as many people you can throw at it. And when everyone in the guild is a whale, it makes for a lot of attacks. Each person just does 2% for each phase at a minimum and a lot of people can do far more than that.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Tier V and VI were not designed to be beaten in a day. Heroic was.

Tier V and VI have the refresh in mind when it comes to HP totals, and in that the HP totals are pretty beefy. It takes much longer to defeat VI than it does Heroic.

Heroic, with it's design, means you're supposed to throw everything you have at it, and either you have enough and you win or you don't and you lose. The HP totals are lower than VI. Because of this, it can go incredibly fast if you meet or exceed the gear check.

We exceed it and then some. If we wanted to, we could probably clear it in 15 minutes.
  • oofalong
    171 posts Member
    Options
    Apparently this is legit, so I apologize for doubt it. It's just unusual to see TI people bring up such issues in public.
    The only way I can see that this is happening is if everyone is going into phase 1 immediately and doing so much damage on the captain that it is being applied into later phases. I've always wondered what would happen in this situation.
    Or some broken combo has been discovered, probably involving constantly reducing TM.
    Looks like some QA fell through the cracks here.
    And yes, the whole "DPS decides if you get good stuff or crap" thing needs to go.

Or the targets just have less health?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Does damage carry over between phases? Say 50 guys go in simultaneously and each does 500k. When you come out, are you in phase 3 or something?
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Balaxxe wrote: »

We aren't.

Don't worry @Balaxxe, @countjoshku is just jealous and whiny tonight
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Does damage carry over between phases? Say 50 guys go in simultaneously and each does 500k. When you come out, are you in phase 3 or something?

No. Damage always stops at the line for each phase.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    It goes down fast when you have 50 people with 50+ Not sure why people think there's cheating involved. you have as many attacks for as many people you can throw at it. And when everyone in the guild is a whale, it makes for a lot of attacks. Each person just does 2% for each phase at a minimum and a lot of people can do far more than that.

They're doing that 2% for each phase (8% total) all in phase 1. So they only have to use one attack essentially and keep it there until all the damage is done.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options

We aren't.

You guys post a video of you doing it legit and I will donate 50 bucks to the charity of your choice.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

We aren't.

You guys post a video of you doing it legit and I will donate 50 bucks to the charity of your choice.

We'll stream it Saturday.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    shampoo wrote: »

They're doing that 2% for each phase (8% total) all in phase 1. So they only have to use one attack essentially and keep it there until all the damage is done.

Damage does not carry across phases.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options

We aren't.

It really isn't that hard to believe. Having a massive roster pretty much means you can down the Rancor in no time. A 50+ roster, like many in TI have, means you can go at him 10 times at least.
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options

We aren't.

@countjoshku, we're happy to show you the video. I'll private msg it to you. @Balaxxe and I aren't worried about your tiny self.
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

We aren't.

Then I will pm you after and we will work out the details.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options

We aren't.

Kudos to you if you're serious about the charity thing. I'd love to see the stream myself as my guild is at T6 but looking upwards.

Maybe TI should make an announcement about the stream in the forum? Twitch anyone?
  • Balaxxe
    159 posts Member
    Options
    vavavader wrote: »

We aren't.

I don't appreciate you tagging and insulting me in every thread. You make no sense half the time and are just plain being childish.

@BentWookiee
    @Alita
    @warmonkey1024
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options
    vavavader wrote: »

We aren't.

I don't appreciate you tagging and insulting me in every thread. You make no sense half the time and are just plain being childish.

@BentWookiee
    @Alita
    @warmonkey1024

I never tagged you!!
  • Options
    Diraan wrote: »

We aren't.

Kudos to you if you're serious about the charity thing. I'd love to see the stream myself as my guild is at T6 but looking upwards.

Maybe TI should make an announcement about the stream in the forum? Twitch anyone?

I am serious. Seems like a fair deal. Everyone wins.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

No. Damage always stops at the line for each phase.

Thanks.
    So basically, they just made it too easy for the top guys.
    I'd call myself "upper middle class" roster wise, and I spend a lot of time strategizing. I can do about 5-6% on the rancor in 5 fights. So you guys doing 10% each across 5 fights is easy enough to believe, especially if they made heroic easier. (WHY?! It should have been something that even a whale team had to spend a month figuring out!)
    Well, congrats on breaking the raid in under 2 weeks. :) If nothing else, maybe this will finally lead to the end of this completely pointless gradation of rewards based on DPS.
    Still, what are you guys supposed to do the other 47.5 hours every 2 days?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand the doubt. At raid refresh in tier vi our guild takes down the last 50% of 3 and all of 4 in about that long. And that's with limited attacks from top guys and bottom guys with 3 attacks
This discussion has been closed.