Top F2P Guild?

My guild has been hovering around the top 10-20 for a while, and we've been wondering if there are any purely F2P guilds ranked higher.

Replies

• vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Team instinct.
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    @TheMadTwadder IB representing. I can confirm inglorious blasters is very strict on being f2p. We take it pretty seriously and have vetted all members.
  • Options
    vavavader wrote: »
    Team instinct.

Team Instinct is not F2P. @vavavader

F2P means Free to Play, as in players who haven't spent money in the game. Team Instinct is definitely a P2P kraken team. Anyone else?
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    And we did it all with ewoks....! (Maybe...) :)
  • Options
    Team instinct.
    Team instinct are looking for players with at least 40 7* characters. Do you honestly believe that they have no whales in their Guild?

We are talking about 100% F2P Guild
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Team instinct.

You're really out trolling in full force lately.
  • HB0MBZ
    190 posts Member
    Options
    Team instinct.

Lol
  • HB0MBZ
    190 posts Member
    Options
    My guild has been hovering around the top 10-20 for a while, and we've been wondering if there are any purely F2P guilds ranked higher.

Keep up the good work!!! F2P here I support all F2p players, keep making us proud
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options
    GajoNikado wrote: »
    Team instinct.
    Team instinct are looking for players with at least 40 7* characters. Do you honestly believe that they have no whales in their Guild?

Oh. Misread. Sorry. Thanks for clarifying.
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • Options
    Team instinct.

Likely. Take your Team Invest promotions elsewhere.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    how do you confirm that your members are f2p ? they need to provide screenshots of their iTunes ballance or something like that ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Team instinct.

Likely. Take your Team Invest promotions elsewhere.

Ok.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    There are many top F2P guilds out there, although finding Guilds that hold a strict policy on F2P only is tough. Over at TNR, we were one of the first guilds started that didn't care about free or pay and I was one of the biggest loud-mouthed F2P players who spoke on it frequently.

You can be extremely viable playing free. In fact, I always recommend players play free because they learn the game better and get skills pay-for players never acquire like credit and crystal management, gear, ability and star level investment skills. Since resources are limited, free players who make mistakes get stuck in a hole. Every decision must be well thought out....
  • Options
    Very good point @ioniancat21

@leef there's easy ways to find out without being intrusive. Looking at someones character list is an easy way. Seeing energy contribution in guild challenges is also up there.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Very good point @ioniancat21

@leef there's easy ways to find out without being intrusive. Looking at someones character list is an easy way. Seeing energy contribution in guild challenges is also up there.

I obviously thought about those methods (and others), but its still pretty hard to determine if someone is a casual spender, or an effective f2p. I personally dont care about a full f2p guild, p2p and f2p compliment eachother in some ways in the guild system. I am just always sceptical when people claim full f2p and pride themselfes being full f2p.
  • Options
    I was pretty extensive on the recruitment. It's hard to police small amounts but it's not impossible.

P2P gives those members a better chance of currency and raid rewards. They have a deeper roster, better toons, and crystals to throw away.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I was pretty extensive on the recruitment. It's hard to police small amounts but it's not impossible.

P2P gives those members a better chance of currency and raid rewards. They have a deeper roster, better toons, and crystals to throw away.

i dont fully agree on that last part. But its your guild, so you can do with it as you see fit. I am still a bit sceptical :p
  • Options
    Yeah, there's F2P that have been on since the start, like my dude @Xceptor with his stacked roster, but you can get to his level easily by paying money in just a few days. If I paid money, I'd have more toons to use in raids, and thus get more damage and a higher ranking, giving me better rewards (in theory).
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @TheMadTwadder - I think it's a unique idea to "require" a player be 100% F2P so your guild has a niche idea and I like originality.

When Aspenstar and I started TNR we just wanted a place for anybody without all the huge requirements the few other Guilds that existed back then required. We didn't want to scare off paying players from joining us so we just focused instead on finding players who played daily, were very active and liked to keep in touch often and we are so lucky to have the great group we have.

To me, TNR is an extension of my family of sorts. The people there are top-notch, class acts and I couldn't have been given anything better. All generous people who want to help each other, giving, sharing. The mindset of our guild is one of the healthiest I've seen....
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    How does anyone prove that they're F2P to join a F2P guild?

Seems like a whale could easily work his way in there and dominate all the activities.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »

Seems like a whale could easily work his way in there and dominate all the activities.

Yeah that wouldn't be obvious.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »

I guess if a player seemed light years ahead of his free partners it would give it away but a very light spender who only bought crystals only may be able to fit in. I'd say a screenshot of Google games showing a purchase history would solve it though or some equivalent......
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Whats the point of locking out p2p?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    @JOK3R to make a place for ftp to compete with other ftp without have someone come in and beat you out of rewards with money.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    @JOK3R to make a place for ftp to compete with other ftp without have someone come in and beat you out of rewards with money.

wouldnt be a fair fight either. I honestly dont know how much you need to spend to actually have a clearly noticable advantage, but i think i would rather compete vs a occaisional spender who started 2 months later, than vs an f2p like myself who started a month earlyer :)
  • Options
    Team instinct.

Wowo, 40x 7* characters? I wonder how many thousands of dollars it the average guild member has dropped into the game? :-O

• ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    Options
    godgiven45 wrote: »

For this reason stated, it makes perfect sense. If one whale existed amongst a group of free players, he'd basically own first place and everyone would quit. The only way you can do it is if you have an equal mix of free and pay players, with the pay players having a fair personality that will allow the free players to coexist in a healthy manner.

Over in my guild TNR, we are lucky to have that. The paying players share in rewards and accolades with the group and as I said before, I am blessed to have such a sharing, giving team!!!
  • TheMadTwadder
    483 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You can't share rewards though - there's no system in place for that. So unless the whales and dolphins in TNR are handicapping themselves, then they will consistently get top rewards while the F2P guys will generally get middling to lower rewards.

Also, stop name dropping your guild. This isn't advertising space - no one cares. The discussion was about F2P guilds that are top 20, which yours is not. I didn't even name drop my own guild, to keep it from looking like that. @ioniancat21
  • Xceptor
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Theres obviously no exact science in knowing if someone is completely f2p. But you can get an idea when you compare peoples GW wins (which are capped at 1 per day). GW wasnt introduced at the start of the game, it came a few weeks later. So, a person with less GW than another, but with a roster which is significally heavier in stars/gears/characters etc, its kinda obvious he paid his way to stardom.
    Amount of GW battles for me is the best intication of an account's age, and you can build from there.

If theres any indication of "skill" competition in a game like star wars galaxy, for me it has to be F2P. Why? Because the tactical and strategy decisions needed to push through the content and pvp is quite immense when you have limited resources instead of skeleton keys to capital closets.

However, the point of a game like this, ISNT competition. Its fun. Its Star Wars damnit! If you have to pay to enjoy it (because you dont have time but you can spare the dime), great!

As for the business model of F2p ? I dont like pay to win, but i like "pay to customise" like League of legends and/or CS:GO. I Also promised my self i owe CG some euros. If they introduce some kind of cosmetic or non-game affecting paid content, ill buy it because i enjoy the game and they created something pretty good for a mobile phone game :)