Shard Shop Needs to Be Fixed and We Need a Gear Shop

None of the characters in the shard shop are worth paying for, especially not with the prices they are asking. I think it's not only a bad deal, but it's downright insulting to see two Luminara shards in the shop when I can get 15 of her shards just for completing one GW (which btw it costs 15 shards to convert into two in the shop...). It seems like the shop is just meant to be a check the block type deal and nothing more. What I recommend is that the developers create a tiered system for the shop based on how difficult it is to acquire a character. For example, if you see a character who is available in the GW shop or arena shop you can buy 10 shards from the shard shop for the 300 tokens. If a character is available in catina nodes you can buy 7 shards, if they're only light side/dark side node you can buy 5, if they're chromium only you can buy 2, etc.

Secondly, there's a shard shop but there's no gear shop. I know many of us have 200 pieces of gear that we have no need to use, while coming across enough pieces of gear we need could take almost a week. Is there a reason I can't trade gear I don't see myself needing at the moment for gear I do need?

Any thoughts on this stuff?

Replies

• Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    I agree - the new guild shop does seem to have rare shards only available - e.g. Rey, EE, etc.

Surely they could do the same with the shard shop which is specifically designed for this purpose..?
  • Starjumper
    993 posts Member
    Options
    Sarryen wrote: »
    I agree - the new guild shop does seem to have rare shards only available - e.g. Rey, EE, etc.

Surely they could do the same with the shard shop which is specifically designed for this purpose..?

The shard shop wasn't designed to obtain rare shards. It was designed so that extra shards past the max 7* value could be converted into a new currency to buy existing characters. There was never any mention of it being 'rare' shards, just a rotation. The previous situation I believe meant that shards went to waste but instead are recycled back into the mix.

UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Sporkspam
    55 posts Member
    Options
    There does exist a serious need for a gear shop. Like most everyone else, I have hundreds of pieces of gear that are totally worthless to me, and even with the **** exchange rate we used to be able to sell gear for, just being able to sell off excess inventory to make a little coin would b nice. May not help much, but every little bit helps.

As far as the shard shop goes, it's a complete waste, not enough variety and the exchange rate is completely ******! I've yet to see a toon, save for GG (and according to all the posts, he ain't worth ***) that I couldn't farm somewhere else (right now, there's SO, JC, BO, Daka, Ima, Eath).Throw us a bone already! If I have to exchange shards at that rate, then give us some premium toons to work for. Even if we have to keep that **** exchange rate. It would give the p4f crowd a chance to at least grind for a premium toon, and more so cause the refresh would change who all is available.