Advice About Dark 5-I -> 5-L

So I'm stuck on 5-i and want to get to the hard 5 modes before I really work on my teams because I want to grind for Anakin (yes even though he isn't the best). Any advice on how to get through these? I was breezing through everything until 5-i (start of the Jawas) and now I just can't get anywhere. I've tried to not spend too much on my characters as until I get to the ones I plan to use but here is where I'm at
Level 52
Sidious 5* (almost to gear level 7)
Talia 3* Gear 6
FO Storm 4* Gear 6
Magnaguard 2* Gear 6
FO Tie 1* Gear 6

I know it's not a great team and really not sure how to improve it much without spending weeks to build someone up (ideas?). Should I stop working on Luminara (5 1/3 *s and wanted to get to 7 before changing) and move to Phasma?

Also if anyone has a high level dark leader that you think would help and be willing to take me on, please add me 152-685-961

Its just a crazy jump to me because I went from 3* ing the last map to being wiped by about the first turn of round 3

Replies

• revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Not sure if it's 5I but I haven't 3 star the one with obi wan and jawas, I lack darkside characters, and I really dont want to put equipment into talia. I know if i can borrow a strong maul i can easily 3 star if I leave my 1 star ig-86 out, just have to use sids aoe, mauls aoe and bobba's aoe and they should all be dead besides obi wan.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Flamengo
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Dont give up luminara...she is one of the bests charachters...good atack, good heal...and its very easy to farm...in GW you can easy take 5 or 10 shars per day. Also, where is your jedi consular...he is good too.
    Man, luminara 4* is veeeery powerfull. U dont need to wait 7*...change for the guard...
  • Options
    On my phone so I think my name might be different but I am the original poster. This is for dark missions so you can only use darks
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Do you have any other ds characters?

When I was questing through ds I always used others talias that was better than mine so I could bring 5 dps. I had plenty of people show up that had her as leader.

Also advantage of useing someone else's talia is when she heals, she loses health, and if the ai picks her off at the end because of this, it doesn't count against you and you can still get 3* from it.

Or look for someone that has daka lead. As she heals and can rez. If one of your character dies and she rez them. After you beat it it will show 2* or 1*, but it will still count 3* as long as your 5 is standing at the end.

However I didnt see many dakas as leaders to barrow but atleast half would be talia
  • Options
    Unfortunately, you will need to build up your dark side team. Getting to the hard mode is only the first part. I beat 5i/5j/5k at 1-2 stars and then beat 5L 3 stars after leveling some heroes, and I then got beat on 5A hard. If you are barely beating the normal mode you are unlikely to have success in hard mode.
  • Options
    Yeah, DS 5-I through 5-L is rough... by the time you are at 5-L the mobs are L56 which make them hit pretty rough when the Jawas are chain launching AoE at you. I haven't been able to figure out any strategy to keep everyone alive at this point... this may require some serious investment in gear and training to get a DS party strong enough for this phase of the DS missions. I am currently L55.

What really annoys me is that I have to farm DS 5-L for the purple bits to get Phasma to Tier VII... and I can't for the life of me 3-star this run yet. :(
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Eli
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi,

Try sid, dooku(if you have him), (high speed/tanky filler), daka, talia and borrow a ventress (she helps speeding up daka's multi stuns/heals/ress and talia's normal attack for quicker regen).

And try avoid using talia's 3rd skill.

You still get a 3* win if daka gets to ress all dead heroes even if it shows 1* win on the victory screen.

Ccing is key to winning tough battles imo. :)
    Post edited by Eli on
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I waited until last night (level 60) and I still only 2* 5i, the rest were pretty easy though. all those jawa AoE hurt. But I think you will need to level up and probably star up characters to survive the damage. You also need Daka instead of Talia or else the AoEs will take talia out if she heals.
  • Options
    So you have to beat this at level 60+? Oh wow... They really upped the difficulty. :/