When would you use a "B- Team?"

I hear tons of people talk about a certain unit being on their B team, and I wonder how having a B team would be useful. I was thinking in GW, but can someone clarify?

Replies

• Options
    Yes, B teams are for GW. I use a droid team for mine. The only time it gets used is when I've used up both suicide squads. Then if I come across an impossibly hard node, I'll throw the droids in there to kill the majority of them. This has only ever happened once to me though because GW is typically very easy for me. You can also sub in some B team members to your main squad to find a good RNG seed if you're getting terrible luck.
  • Options
    Thank you. I was really hoping that you could have a second arena team, that would be awesome. Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    Technically, you can have a 2nd arena squad. One for offence, and one that is better at holding your rank on defence. I use quite an annoying team anyway, so my attacking team is great and doesn't fall anymore than from rank 1 to rank 5 or 6 over night. (I'm F2P BTW).
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    its not just gw. now you also have raids where you can have up to 5 teams.
  • Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    Options
    It's an A and B team for Arena too
    The A team for attacks and after 4 attacks you use your B team for defence that will stay as solid position it can for the next 20 hours or so.
    I am Norwegian!
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    What sort of squads make a good defensive team in the arena?
  • Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    Options
    @ZarLatho I am on a bit young server, but I have just heard a lot about that, but I would guess a team with high dodge and suvivability.
    I am Norwegian!
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    ZarLatho wrote: »
    What sort of squads make a good defensive team in the arena?

Avoid characters that are easy to manipulate, such as healers. Avoid slow characters.

I tend to have the hardest time with teams that have evasion synergy, and turn meter manipulation.
  • Options
    GW and my strategy is to start woth D-team and go as far as i can then C maybe B if needed, bc of protection i feel it is far easier to start with your weaker toons to have your best ones max protection and hp when the nightmare nodes hot you. ;)
  • jedii_2040
    306 posts Member
    Options
    I use B team till node 10 in GW. For me having B-Team is important with the advent of protection. My A team consists mainly of DPS. Once the protection is gone, this team is very much exposed to quick damage.

Now I have my B-team around Barris. She has JC and Talia to help her in healing. And 5-6 other tooks to assist her in different nodes.

My A-Team makes entry mostly on last two nodes only.
  • Options
    Wow, thanks Tayvyar. I never thought of that.