T6 Door Clarification Question

I seem to be having a different experience than some of my guild mates as it relates to whether or not progress to activate opportunity to close door on Rancor carries over between battles. I only activate 1 door per 5 raids - after the first door my progress towards activating the door always starts over. Can anyone clarify this for me please?

Replies

• Options
    Check the updates.
    This update is now available to manually download on both iOS and Android devices, you'll need to go to your respective store to see it. Please note, it may take a while until you see it in your store depending on where you are geographically located.
    We will be making this a mandatory update tomorrow that will require a client restart.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Check the updates.
    This update is now available to manually download on both iOS and Android devices, you'll need to go to your respective store to see it. Please note, it may take a while until you see it in your store depending on where you are geographically located.
    We will be making this a mandatory update tomorrow that will require a client restart.

Thank you - Agreed that this clarifies that it will persist between battles moving forward - I am wondering out of curiosity if it always worked for some this way - it would explain why seemingly lesser teams have been able to score consistent damage.