Should IG -100 Magnaguard get a taunt?

Roadhouse
47 posts Member
edited May 2016
A lack luster character with a weak turn steal. He would be much more effective as a tank with a taunt.

Should IG -100 Magnaguard get a taunt? 49 votes

Magnaguard should have a taunt added.
69% 34 votes
Magnaguard doesn't need a taunt.
30% 15 votes

Replies

• Cyllervion
    76 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It didn't show my answer but he Doesn't need a taunt

His kit is designed to give the attacker a choice on to focus him or not. Gains speed up if not hit and then gains offense up if not hit in two turns. Giving him a taunt would defeat the purpose of his kit. Info think droids need a taunting droid though. And not Grievous' lame excuse for a taunt
  • Options
    Yes. It would make him more deadly plus it'll be a weak sun Fac.
  • Jamespediagame
    13 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My 100 is Gear 9 and 7*, useless in PVP since AI do attack him. He is slow as hell. Even with the offensive up, his damage is not good. His aoe under current meta only buff the opponents due to dooku leads. Counter attack? Didn't do much harm like fives.
  • Options
    No. Every tank doesnt need a taunt
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Roadhouse
    47 posts Member
    Options
    No. Every tank doesnt need a taunt

How can a character be a tank if it doesn't aggro attacks away from weaker players? That is the point to a tank. This game has a bunch of cool solo play style characters that don't make for a good team.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Options
    I play with IG-100 in my droid team, simply because i like the character. His kit is ok, but it doesn't work well with the current "meta" or game abilities. IG-100 works only good in a droid team (which is ok!) but he sadly he isn't currently strong enough, that more players would try him over Geo.Soldier or other Tanks. So more adjustments are welcome, because any team with a highy synergy (see Ewoks) should be better than any random characters that come with so much power thast you simply can stick them in every case...

I have two ideas to improve IG-100:

1.) Taunt, maybe after his AoE because the enemy team is angry after his attack. In this case, he doesn't need a new skill or new design etc.

2.) Abilities (like Offense up) can be negated or dispeld with the counter-abilitiy, which means, if IG-100 attack someone with his basic, this attack would also remove any Offense Up (if Offense down triggers and is not resisted). I think that would be an important design for the game, because now we have a lot of Offense Up (QGJ on dispel for the team) and dooku as a Dodge-Leader, which also weakens IG-100, because he now has a weak Basic Attack without any ability (for pvp/arena). Since this idea should work for all characters, it would change the game in (at my opinion) good direction.
  • Roadhouse
    47 posts Member
    Options
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    I play with IG-100 in my droid team, simply because i like the character. His kit is ok, but it doesn't work well with the current "meta" or game abilities. IG-100 works only good in a droid team (which is ok!) but he sadly he isn't currently strong enough, that more players would try him over Geo.Soldier or other Tanks. So more adjustments are welcome, because any team with a highy synergy (see Ewoks) should be better than any random characters that come with so much power thast you simply can stick them in every case...

I have two ideas to improve IG-100:

1.) Taunt, maybe after his AoE because the enemy team is angry after his attack. In this case, he doesn't need a new skill or new design etc.

2.) Abilities (like Offense up) can be negated or dispeld with the counter-abilitiy, which means, if IG-100 attack someone with his basic, this attack would also remove any Offense Up (if Offense down triggers and is not resisted). I think that would be an important design for the game, because now we have a lot of Offense Up (QGJ on dispel for the team) and dooku as a Dodge-Leader, which also weakens IG-100, because he now has a weak Basic Attack without any ability (for pvp/arena). Since this idea should work for all characters, it would change the game in (at my opinion) good direction.

It would be a great omega upgrade that he taunts for 2 turns after his turn meter stealing team attack.
  • Kinnick
    83 posts Member
    Options
    A taunt would contradict his unique. Start over with your suggestion.
  • Options
    the droids seem to center around crits. I like the idea of no taunt but he needs to be more dangerous.
    I think a more interesting kit would look similar to.
    Basic attack: with a chance to slow or maybe stun
    Special: AOE stun on crit
    Passive: every round without taking damage all droids increses crit% by 5
    Give him moderate DMG and moderat health.
    Turn him into a CC machine with a health pool. The taunt is unnecessary.
  • Roadhouse
    47 posts Member
    Options
    I like the stuff you suggest but I don't really count those as tank features. I'm a old WOW player so I guess I'm just old fashioned, tanks are for getting pounded to death while everyone else keeps them alive and beats up the bad guy.
  • Options
    No taunt. But IG-100 desperately needs the ability to do more damage with his basic AND AOE attacks.
  • Options
    I see what youre saying a tank is not a tank without aggro. he's just a low dps hunk of armed health bar.
    But if you give every tank type charictor the same kit what's the point?
    And I agree giving him more damage would defiantly make him a better target. But as a droid look who he's competing with. Mostly other high dps low health type toons. That unless you out DMG will still get focused first.
    I think it would be cool to give him synergy with the other droids and put a target on him with making it because of DMG or taunt because those characters already exist in the game.