How do I turn off in game notifications?

In the most recent app update the chat room button has been added to the bottom left of the screen in all battles. It pushes up your character turn description circle which now creeps closer to the toon closest to that corner.

It also displays the most recent comment from your guild which doesn't disappear until you stop what you are doing (i.e. Playing the game) and click into it which then brings up the whole chat room over the top off whatever it is that you were doing.

See dev notes here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/37211/game-update-android-devices-5-5-2016?new=1

Personally I find this really annoying. In general, I don't like pop up notifications and go out of my way to avoid them. I turn them off on my smart devices and also in other apps.

However, I can't find anywhere in this update where I can turn off the notification and kill some rebel scum in peace and quiet.

I have 50 members in my guild. Can you imagine how annoying it is gonna get when we're all in the game at the same time.

I can see that there may be times when this comes in useful, but there has to be a do not disturb feature at the very least.

What do you think?

Replies

• StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    I like the change, and it was a very highly requested feature. However, I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea. I would be on board with a setting to turn it off, but I imagine it would be a low priority given how many people asked for the notification to begin with.
  • Options
    Fair enough @starson that it may have been highly requested ( although I come on the forums daily and this is the first I knew about it, which may say more about me than the forums!). For me this is more annoying than when they introduced the protection bar.

There just needs to be an off switch.