Don't buy the droid pack

Prev1
It's currently the lowest price pack for a reason and it isn't even worth that. It should be 4.99 for whats its worth!

HK-47 is so slow hes useless and fills a valuable spot on an arena team.

Droid debuffs hardly ever proc. (25% does not mean roughly one in 4 attacks will proc the computer does not think fairly and auto proc on a 4th attempt, it may never proc).

ig-88 and ig86, HK 47 are easily harvested from GW, Hard levels and Arena,
(though the only one worth it is ig 86 imo).

I am enjoying my F2P account much more than the garbage I received on my P2P account(Greedo in the darkside pack(Barf) and the Droid Pack(double barf)) I would return if I could & spend the extra $15 on the jedi pack.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    You're a new player, right? :)
    Welcome, as @BentWookiee would say (deliberate tag because he loves them.) :)
    This is one of the best values in the game for those who choose to spend. If you want to be F2P fine. If you're going to be P2P that pack is an excellent head start.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    The droid pack is the only toon pack worth purchasing.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    currently its the only pack worth getting... lol
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forum!
    Qeltar is correct, the droid pack is a good value. Droids are viable in the arena at higher levels.
  • Veritasum
    755 posts Member
    Options
    Droid pack was probably the only money well spent for me so far.
  • Options
    Hmmm... Ok obviously i'm showing how new and ignorant I am.

But do you keep HK47 as leader? Hes so slow
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Here's how:
    Droid allies gain 30% Critical Chance and gain 50% Turn Meter on a Critical Hit.
    Droids have very hit crit chance already. With him, they crit constantly, and that speeds them up. With Poggle, who provides speed up for droids, they move much more quickly than you'd imagine.
    HK-47 also is tanky, 75% of the time self-revives, and has an AoE multiple debuff.
    You can farm all of these guys but the pack gives a nice head start.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Don't do it! Don't sell your soul for tin!
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Here's how:
    Droid allies gain 30% Critical Chance and gain 50% Turn Meter on a Critical Hit.
    Droids have very hit crit chance already. With him, they crit constantly, and that speeds them up. With Poggle, who provides speed up for droids, they move much more quickly than you'd imagine.
    HK-47 also is tanky, 75% of the time self-revives, and has an AoE multiple debuff.

So much this.

I bought the pack and still use HK, 86, and 88 as my Arena team. The synergy with that team with HK lead is what makes HK valuable - and his high hit points - and his meatbag mayhem debuffs....
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    My suggestion is don't start opening your wallet for this game until later on. You need to really experience this game in its entirety before making that decision. This game becomes a real grind and you may not enjoy that!
  • KozeeDJ
    59 posts Member
    Options
    "the droid pack being the best value.."

translation:
    all the other packs are soo over priced.. not much competition..
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    My suggestion is don't start opening your wallet for this game until later on. You need to really experience this game in its entirety before making that decision. This game becomes a real grind and you may not enjoy that!

+1
  • droidboyz
    316 posts Member
    Options
    meatbag and his lead ability makes up for his speed...everybody sleeping on Lobot still.. even CG lol...

• Options
    Can anybody tell me where to find these packs? Are they limited time only on new accounts? Because I sure don't see them anywhere, just chromiums, training droid, credits, and bronziums.
  • Options
    A droid team is also good to send in against the rancor and just unleash the damage.
    Empire Relic
  • unit900000
    626 posts Member
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »

Most packs are more valuable once your first starting the game. You will regret not buying packs early.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    Options
    Here's how:

As usual the leader of my guild speaks the truth .. I am currently working on Jawa Eng to add to HK, 88, 86 and either A tank (RG maybe) or Pog. With JE and HK usually both HK and 88 will attack twice before the other team even attacks once (this is an assumption as I don't have JE yet, but his turn meter buff with HK leader crit turn meter buff should put them both attacking twice at the beginning of the round)
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Droid teams are challenging in arena 1/3 of the top 50 have them.
    HK leader, 88, 86, poggle, poe/rg sometimes ill see lumi instead of poggle

I like fighting them, its fun.
    first I goafter 86, before protection it was a oneshot kill, usually he's in the red
    after that, poggle offences up and poe taunts; 88 AoE's ability blocking
    my QGJ usually gets blocked so i cant blow him out so its poe until i kill him or humble blow him
    after its, 88, poggle, hk
    sometimes i lose, sometime i have 2 chars left against hk, its all RNG.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    The Droid pack and the Rex Aurodium pack were the best packs to buy.

@CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse (*hint *hint on the Rex pack)
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    It's currently the lowest price pack for a reason and it isn't even worth that. It should be 4.99 for whats its worth!

HK-47 is so slow hes useless and fills a valuable spot on an arena team.

Droid debuffs hardly ever proc. (25% does not mean roughly one in 4 attacks will proc the computer does not think fairly and auto proc on a 4th attempt, it may never proc).

ig-88 and ig86, HK 47 are easily harvested from GW, Hard levels and Arena,
    (though the only one worth it is ig 86 imo).

I am enjoying my F2P account much more than the garbage I received on my P2P account(Greedo in the darkside pack(Barf) and the Droid Pack(double barf)) I would return if I could & spend the extra $15 on the jedi pack.

Try to get Jawa Engineer and the droids will be very dangerous.
  • Options
    Wish I would have bought the droid pack. As many stated droids are very good in arena. I always encounter at least one in the top 10 every day. Sometimes their crits destroy you no matter what you do.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    I have never seen a droid pack? Was it a while ago?
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Hobnob wrote: »

Yeah is the droid pack even available right now?

• Options
    Yogi wrote: »
    Hobnob wrote: »

Yeah is the droid pack even available right now?

No the droid pack is only available when you first start the game.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Ah, that's a shame
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm kicking myself for not buying the droid pack. I did get the Dark Side pack though after they pulled Dooku.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options
    A reason not to buy the pack is because my Jawa team will slaughter them.
    Or maybe, I should say, Please everyone buy this pack so I can slaughter more droid teams. ;)
  • HK47_1974
    65 posts Member
    Options
    Buying the droid pack will give you a jump on others in your squad arena leaderboard. It also helps with dark side battles when you're starting out. I recommend it.

The droids are easy to farm so you can have a 7 * team quickly.
  • Options
    You're a new player, right? :)
    Welcome, as @BentWookiee would say (deliberate tag because he loves them.) :)
    This is one of the best values in the game for those who choose to spend. If you want to be F2P fine. If you're going to be P2P that pack is an excellent head start.

This exactly!!!

Oh and my gear 9 IG-86 laughs at your comment as he 1hko's your(insert name of 85% of the characters) with his special,lol.

Bud I ran a very annoying Assist team with 86 that sat atop the arena on my late Nov shard.

The value on the droid pack is great. Droids are good in GW. I'm not a lover of 88, just dies so very fast, but he does good damage.

Best overall pack value here and I bought them all, though my cheap Dooku pack way back when beats it,lol.
  • Options
    Plenty of top 25 on my server still run droid teams, being led by HK. It's a viable team, with good synergy. Throw in St Han and Poggle, and that's a mean lineup.