Please Take Farmable Gear out of Raid Rewards

Error_404
87 posts Member
I finish top 10 to top 15 every time my guild does a raid (we have only done Tier V and VI). Half the time I get the rewards and it's 10 pieces of some farmable purple gear I already have 450 of. Please take the farmable gear out of raid rewards.
@CG_JohnSalera

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    They can't get rid of all farmable gear because that would only leave those 4 pieces, 1 of which you're already guaranteed to get.
    What they need to eliminate are the items that drop in challenges. Nobody wants to spend 2 days on a raid to get the equivalent of one day farming a challenge. They want items that require simming 250 times to get.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Error_404
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Correct. I should have been more clear. Not ALL farmable gear, but the purple challenge gear.
  • Error_404
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Ideally it would be nice to have two pools of drops.

Pool 1 - Unfaramable gear, amount varies by Raid placement (with a chance at full piece drop).

Pool 2- Hard to farm gear. Purple stun cuffs, etc.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    This is a solid idea!
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Jeez, don't you realize that this is INTENTIONAL? They don't want to give the gear you really need, and they don't want to appear to give you nothing either. So they settle for filling up your screen with useless stuff. The gear you need you'll have to purchase with real money, that's the point.
  • Error_404
    87 posts Member
    Options
    I disagree Zetto. I have yet to see a piece of unfarmable gear show up in my shipments. So there is no way for me to spend money on it. And as far as buying unfaramable gear in guild shop, spending money won't/can't drastically increase the amount of currency I get from daily activities/raids.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Zetto wrote: »
    Jeez, don't you realize that this is INTENTIONAL? They don't want to give the gear you really need, and they don't want to appear to give you nothing either. So they settle for filling up your screen with useless stuff. The gear you need you'll have to purchase with real money, that's the point.

Unfortunately, i believe this to be true.
  • Options
    Yes I don't need anymore keyboard I have hundreds of. I want things I have 0 of. lol

Who even uses those keyboards? I k ow there's like 5 different purple keyboards it seems but the one I always get is the kind no toon ever needs. If they did need them I wouldn't have 300 of the things.
  • Balaxxe
    159 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yes I don't need anymore keyboard I have hundreds of. I want things I have 0 of. lol

Who even uses those keyboards? I k ow there's like 5 different purple keyboards it seems but the one I always get is the kind no toon ever needs. If they did need them I wouldn't have 300 of the things.

Everybody uses MK4 Sorosub. Everybody!
  • Valjean
    84 posts Member
    Options
    Good suggestion
    valjean913 or BHG Valjean#5571
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm of the opposite opinion here. I HATE farming those darn purple handcuffs. If I can go after Rancor and score 10 of those every couple of days...along with a few blow dryers and maybe a fully crafted gear piece, I'm all for it.

Edit: OK I read the OPs follow-up about taking challenge gear out. Better but it still takes a long time to get 50 purple blow dryers and I need about 200 of them at the moment so I think I'll stick to my original comment above.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    djlott wrote: »
    I'm of the opposite opinion here. I HATE farming those darn purple handcuffs. If I can go after Rancor and score 10 of those every couple of days...along with a few blow dryers and maybe a fully crafted gear piece, I'm all for it.

Edit: OK I read the OPs follow-up about taking challenge gear out. Better but it still takes a long time to get 50 purple blow dryers and I need about 200 of them at the moment so I think I'll stick to my original comment above.

That's not what he wants. He wants to leave all that in. Wants to take out gear that you could already get from challenges. This is a very good idea.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Just to be clear...i would like for all purple gear to be taken out except cuffs, syringes (even if they are in challenges), MK5's stun guns and those MK VII eyeballs. Possibly leave those MK5's balls in as well. Lol.
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    I have completed 5 raids so far. Got some useful raid-only gear but 3 times I also got the useless purple carbanti stuff that is in the challenges - now have over 500 of the things with no use at all.
  • Error_404
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Or as an alternative, you know, we could have a gear shop where I could exchange useless for useful gear. I'm sure they would make some exorbitant exchange rate (1000 to 1), and yet that would still be better then what we have now.