Well my arena has suddenly got a whole lot harder...

All of a sudden the top 100 players in my arena are lvl 59-60! Guess I've been moved servers as a couple of days ago I could get into the top 100 at level 54, now I'm unlikely to sustain top 200 now

Was good while it lasted! Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Replies

• Options
    My server has gone crazy as well. I was in the top 50 for the last 5 days, but now I'm fighting to stay around 180.
  • Options
    Benji wrote: »
    All of a sudden the top 100 players in my arena are lvl 59-60! Guess I've been moved servers as a couple of days ago I could get into the top 100 at level 54, now I'm unlikely to sustain top 200 now

Nope, I'm still seeing the same people around top 10 so it might be possible that your server was merged with another one.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    As you level and gain power it moves players around its a background match making

Made a new account on google and the top 10 when I unlocked arena was lvl 15 now at 30 it's only a lvl 42 @ 1

So clearly this is not static
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    As you level and gain power it moves players around its a background match making

Made a new account on google and the top 10 when I unlocked arena was lvl 15 now at 30 it's only a lvl 42 @ 1

So clearly this is not static

Maybe they leveled up as well?
  • Options
    You are not playing alone. You level up, but the rest of the people also level up, star up and gear up. In my server, I was able to enter top 500 with 9k power. Now that some weeks have passed, it's difficult to find a rival with less than 17k. I used to be close to entering top 200, now I'm struggling to stay on top 500.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Radically different names and on my main account this happened as well at lvl 50 was one group of names then the top 50 got. A lot of new purple lvl 60,s so moves do happen

How and why is unclear though and when / how
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options

Loosen up your panties little girl, I get top 5 daily while everyone has 60 7* everything and im 56. Granted im higher now but I've been winning since 56. Might have to drop 150 crystals to get there but when you're making 400 and 900 shipment back its worth it. My power rating is 17.5 and I'm whooping on 22k.
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Radically different names and on my main account this happened as well at lvl 50 was one group of names then the top 50 got. A lot of new purple lvl 60,s so moves do happen

How and why is unclear though and when / how

I like the idea of moving people, like i want to see new faces not the same people at top 20. I have everyone on my friends list that consistently hit top 20.
  • Options
    Made top 10 for the first time today, never buy crystals or spend them on reups for arena, just my 5 matches a day. Just hit level 58, most on my server are just hitting 60 over the last few days. I have been playing for a month. I made the biggest jump when I got Sid/lumi around the same time and then another large jump when getting phasma to 4 star to lead the team.
  • Options
    Rutank wrote: »

Loosen up your panties little girl, I get top 5 daily while everyone has 60 7* everything and im 56. Granted im higher now but I've been winning since 56. Might have to drop 150 crystals to get there but when you're making 400 and 900 shipment back its worth it. My power rating is 17.5 and I'm whooping on 22k.

Sheesh... At no point was I complaining about the situation. Merely commenting on it & seeing if others have had it. Kind of like what a forum is designed for. For what it's worth I think it's good they merge servers together and keep active players together

Still I hope you now feel like a big man for being a berk for no real reason on the internetz.
  • Options
    My server seems about in pace with me or slightly ahead (maybe a level or two) with everyone at the top coming in or at 60.

Our power ratings aren't absurdly high though with 22k Ben led team. I can almost always attack isn't the top 5 but usually fall into the top 20 by rewards.

To the OP: I did notice an increase in difficulty at one point and mainly due to the meta shift and some new teams that I had to adjust to. I'm still getting used to fighting the phasma teams. (Not phasma led) I think I dropped to top 100 for a day or two.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    *Edited for Forum Violation*
    Post edited by Zalenira on
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Exactly, how does that make you feel tho? Spending so much money only to be beaten after a 30 sec download, I hear that salt is good for the body but excess is bad so you gotta take care of that salt, maybe shedding some salty tears would help.
  • Shizmoo
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    *Edited for Forum Violation*
  • Options
    I think they changed servers. My rank dropped 25 slots from 2am to 9am and I recognize nobody in the top 20, which was where I was when I went to bed.
  • Options
    I see many unfamiliar faces. I think they merged a server that was a little weaker with the server I am in. Why I know is because organic climbers gradually make it higher up, the more they level, but merged ones suddently occupy a top spot and contest #1 from the first day. I know the #20 to #1 spots as I had have ligered there long enough.

Some time ago I was saying .... Forget your Arena Crystals in a months, and your arena tokens ..get ready for 5 yards every 2 days. As more players hit the cap, it's only a matter of time until the only difference is either how many Arena refreshes you do, or which unusual composition you forged early on that is unique (for a few weeks?) and strong.
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously Whipit, you need to stop calling people cheats workout any substantial evidence. I run a team with about 17k power and although I never quite seem to make the top10 I have been able to defeat teams with 20k+ power a couple of times, and I've only been playing for three weeks.

I've spent alot of time on these forums and your posts and insights have been great to helping me understand the game better. But lately all I've seen is you calling people cheaters? Personally I think it's **** disgusting that it's even possible to cheat in a PvP game, and I do hope they will fix it and ban all offenders. But not ALL players that beat higher level teams are cheaters. I honestly doubt the cheaters would even bother to post in this forum, but I might be wrong.

• Options
    At least our top 25 seems the same. I'm still in with my usual crowd.

I agree on the power rating thing: I beat teams a few k ahead of me all the time. I think the whole hacking thing is funny and I hope it doesn't get out of hand and turn into a cancerous witch hunt.
  • Options
    It seems like it does move you around servers depending on your level, the purpose of which is to match up players that are at least reasonably in the same ballpark. When I was lower level - around 15-20 - the top 50 on my server were right around level 30. Somewhere around level 25 I noticed that all the top names were completely different, and were now ranked between 35-40. Same thing happened as I neared 35, 45 and now 55. Each time the top ranking players were different, and roughly 5-10 levels ahead of me. Now that I'm within 5 levels of the cap I don't expect my server will change anymore - at least until the level cap is raised.

The good part about this is that, like I said, it keeps you matched up against other players who are at least similar experience level and have had roughly similar opportunity to acquire / level characters (not taking F2P vs P2P into consideration).

The bad part is that, until you near the level cap, you are almost always chasing an almost unattainable goal as with each time you level up so does your competition. Just yesterday I had it where I was around 17k even in arena team strength. My matches were all 16k - 18k in strength, with an occasional high 15k thrown in. I promoted my Sidious to 6* and upgraded the gear on a few characters, and my strength went up to almost 18k. Going back into the arena my matches were now all 17k - 19k in strength, with rarely a 16k showing up. I didn't change servers, but it changed my matching, pitting me against similar strength opponents.
This discussion has been closed.