The Tier II, AGI Challenge is badly designed: very badly.

MasterSeedy
5046 posts Member
edited May 2016
So I have two accounts - one for iPad, one for GooglePlay.

On one of them, I'm PlayerLevel 46. As expected for that PL, I haven't opened that many toons. Since I've played the game before on the other account, I rapidly got to 46 and I think this account is only something like 10 days old. Tier II opens at PL 42, and I had just reached PL 42 3 days ago when I first saw this Tier.

So, what is badly designed about this challenge?

It's all about one RNG roll.

At player level 46 - 4 levels after this challenge is available - I can't do enough damage to the droids to kill them before Savage takes his first action.

If Savage does his special on his first action, the droids are still around, they kill me, and I start over.

If savage does his special on his second action, one droid is still around, but their turn meters have separated and sometimes I have a toon act between them. If I do, usually that one more hit is enough to kill the 2nd droid. If that happens, I win.

If Savage does his special on his 3rd action, I win.

If this was about strategy or knowing the tricks, I wouldn't complain.

If several RNGs could go wrong or right, and you had to have all of them go wrong to guarantee defeat and all of them go right to guarantee success, and in the middle there was room for some successes & some failures, I would be okay with that.

But this is all about one RNG roll. Just one.

This makes all the play I do in encounter 1 and encounter 2 irrelevant, and that's a bad feeling for a player.

PLEASE, make this challenge about more than a single RNG roll. Otherwise, I wish you could just tell me right up front, before encounter 1 starts rolling, "RNG has determined Savage will perform his special on his first action. You are doomed. Please retreat and start again."

It would have exactly the same effect and waste a lot less of my time.

Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    +1
  • methoss1004
    148 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Never gonna get 'fixed.' #1 You (and everyone else) will spend so little time doing this tier that its not worth tweaking it. #2 Change your strategy, target Savage first, farm new toons, upgrade gear, upgrade abilities or gain a few levels. All of those will *fix* the 'problem.'

I hear your frustration, but its really easily 'fixed' by you, the player. Making programming changes to something that is used by so very few players and you are able to defeat, just not easily at your current progression isnt realistically worth the programming time and it may be functioning as intended ie hard to win at your current progression (gear, stars, abilities, toons, level).
    Post edited by methoss1004 on
  • Czert
    205 posts Member
    Options
    Well, do you have all 5 toons filled ? If not..well...one of my first thing was to get all 5 chars for all specialized chalenges, even if it means that all that filler now is never ever touched since i progresed and get other chars. Ok, 2 of them are rarery used in gw if i get bad luck and get many others chars killed here.