Omega mats question

Jaflip
142 posts Member
So I wasn't level 70 when the omega mats event came (about level 68) but others on my shard were and they got omega mats. I'm at a pretty big disadvantage in arena as you can imagine so I was wondering if they could have an omega mat events for those who didn't quite hit level 70? Its like now I have to be weeks behind just cuz I was 2 levels back? There should be an event for when you hit level 70 to obtain omega mats. Waiting weeks to hit level 80 just to start earning mats is absurd when the rest of the competition already has 15 more mats. Just my thoughts. I hope others out there feel the same

Replies

• Coward
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. Already hard enough dealing with teams in arena and GW that are all 2-5 levels higher, but them all having omega upgrades while we don't because we were 2-5 levels lower at the time of the event really kills all hope of success.
  • Options
    I got the omegas but I can def see that being a problem for others. They did to bring them back all my guys are as maxed as I can without getting more omega mats
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe if you hit 74 is when they could have an omega event for those who didn't get to participate. That's the level when you can use the droid caller so it makes the most sense. And most people who were below 70 are not over 74 yet anyways. I just hope EA does something about this.
  • Zolballen
    48 posts Member
    Options
    People who did the event back then, would be able to do it even easier this time, and they´d get even more omega mats with refreshes. I have 2 characters with an omega upgrade, and that´s it. Just dinged 78 this morning, so I am still ways from getting an omega a day. There will always be people who get there faster. Adding another event won´t really solve your problems.
  • Jman1701
    103 posts Member
    Options
    How are folks getting an omega per day, @Zolballen?
  • Coris
    41 posts Member
    Options
    Jman1701 wrote: »
    How are folks getting an omega per day, @Zolballen?

When you reach Lvl80 and finish your daily tasks
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I got 10 total from the event as f2p and i already invested 5 in the 'wrong way' at least for arena. So you aren't missing out on much.
  • Coward
    27 posts Member
    Options
    You investing them in the 'wrong way' is your screw up. When you screw up you live with the consequences. I screwed up by leveling and gearing datcha. The difference if you had the option to do it right.

And as for being free to play and only having enough for two upgrades; assuming you don't use them the 'wrong way' those two upgrades on certain characters can be a HUGE difference. This is an instance where I could spend a ton of money to catch up on level to these people who did get them but still be at a huge disadvantage.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I don't care the Omegas are not game breaking.
    Post edited by Alexone on
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Well what I was proposing was an event for strictly those who don't have any omegas. Waiting ten whole levels just to get one when everyone else already has 10 plus.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Options
    I'm all for people getting them because they were level 70 but people on my shard started a few days earlier then me and therefore were level 70 at the time of the event. Am I supposed to be set back for weeks because I didn't start the game a few days earlier? I propose an event for those who didn't get omega mats. I'm sure it's pretty easy for EA to look up who participated in that event and who didn't.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    honestly its a problem for everyone, the whales are at 80 and have been for a while, they get one per day, which means for many of them they have already earned more than the free event gave. its another paywall, just suck it up and get to 80 where you can start catching up.

Yes it sucks, yes its a stupid game design choice, but there is nothing ea can really do about it aside from bringing back the omega event for everyone, and then you would still be behind.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Just wish they'd think about all the pitfalls ahead of time..
  • Options
    I disagree, but that´s just my opinion. Most of the top ppl has been playing this game for months. Yeah, it is not good if you join the party to late, but hey, everyone had to go through all that leveling. So just to give a catch-up event for the lower levels would be unfair. And again, if they bring back the event again, people would still get more omegas than you. I know for a fact, that I´d be spending money on refreshes to get as many pieces as possible. I got 12 the last time, or 11, doing 1/day. But I have guildmates who got 20+...
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    I like it, bring back the event, do a repeat, bring back Omegas.