Arena - squad power vs synergy

I was wondering everyone's thoughts on squad power vs synergy in arena. Specifically when it comes to your defending AI squads, at what point would it benefit more to go with a squad that synergies better but has less overall power than one without synergy but more power. See my situation below

Right now my main arena team is
*Old Ben 4 star
Sid 5 star
Poe 3
Lumi 4
JC 3

Power of 12296

Vs

*Phasma 4 star
FOTP 2
FOO 3
FOST 2
POE 3

Power 9581

Replies

• Options
    I don't understand synergy I go with power,
  • Options
    Synergy is the short answer. My low spending teams were finishing first at 15k power vs full 7* jedi 22k power teams (back when jedis ruled). Difference now is my power has increased to 20k range.

To answer the "when" part of your question... when your team wins.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    Synergy is the short answer. My low spending teams were finishing first at 15k power vs full 7* jedi 22k power teams (back when jedis ruled). Difference now is my power has increased to 20k range.

To answer the "when" part of your question... when your team wins.

What were/are you running?
  • Options
    Synergy is the invisible power and it's not measured by the numerical power you see. You can have high power teams that will be less effective than a synergy.
  • Kylven
    150 posts Member
    Options
    You nailed it Darkness. Power is just an arbitrary number telling you the relative promotion, training and gear a Squad has. It's main purpose is to Guage if you should target them or not, but synergy matters much more. However, you may scare off potential attackers with lower power and preserve a bit of rank.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Options
    So do you think deterring is more powerful than the potential to defeat?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So do you think deterring is more powerful than the potential to defeat?

No, at endgame, i guarantee ppl dont even look at your "power" because its meaningless. They look at your leader an try to guess your team to gauge weather to atk or not