Chewbacca needs Attention to be Viable again

paschasc
94 posts Member
ST Han, Leia, Royal Guard and Ewok Scout are all becoming relevant again, but Chewie's lack of synergy with Rebels/Resistance is disturbing.

He's fallen so far since the beginning in everyone's minds. He's been GW fodder for most players for awhile. Raids have brought him back a little, but without synergy few will farm him to 6 or 7 stars.

It will be silly to have multiple Chewie's in the game. There really isn't any physical difference for Chewbacca. He has a bowcaster and he is the most consistent character in every way throughout the saga. He should just be "Chewbacca." No one wants to face a team with 2 Hans, 2 Chewies and Leia.

Rebel teams are taking over the top spots in Arena left and right, but somehow Chewie isn't a Rebel? If ST Han is a rebel, then Chewie should be, too. This isn't logical. Lando is a rebel, but not Chewie? C'mon.

He should also be added to Resistance. There are a pitiful 5 Resistance characters 6 months after the release of TFA. 5! Chewie would benefit from Poe or Finn's leadership abilities.

These are the suggestions I'm making along with others from a reddit thread:

1. Please change his name to "Chewbacca" and do not add the other iterations of him in the game, except as enemies.
2. Add synergy with at least Rebels and Resistance. Ewoks would also be great
3. Increase either his speed or his damage.
4. His taunt duration needs to be +1 for real.
5. Please consider buffing one of the most beloved characters in the saga, instead of no-names.

Replies

• BMoney
    264 posts Member
    Options
    I like your thoughts. I agree with most all of it. He could be a great toon but like you said he doesn't fit in anywhere. He does need some sort of buff.

Maybe with the new Han he could be viable. His special could be any time he's paired with Han and Han dies he does his defiant roar and gains 50% health as well as blasting all the enemies doing AoE with his roar and gaining 100% turn meter.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    As in the Reddit thread I will respectfully disagree with the call for changes to his kit. I do think that more synergy would be nice, but it's guaranteed another Chewbacca will be released, hopefully somewhat different.
    As for viability, changes to the game have already done much of the improving:
    - His kit is oriented around defense, which matters more now.
    - He's easy to gear up, one blocker and you can take him straight to G11 with farmable items.
    - He has massive protection numbers.
    - He's one of the best characters for the new raid. Really.
    I haven't touched Chewie since December. Until today, he is now my current Cantina farm.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    So CG gave us 20/30 Chewie shards last week. Does that imply a rework? Character of the month, perhaps?
  • Options
    bumping - because I just posted something like this on REDDIT (focued on the synergies) - and we need to KEEP HOPE ALIVE
    https://reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/53t53v/clone_wars_chewie_needs_a_rebranding_make_chewie/
  • Options
    bumping - because I just posted something like this on REDDIT (focued on the synergies) - and we need to KEEP HOPE ALIVE
    https://reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/53t53v/clone_wars_chewie_needs_a_rebranding_make_chewie/

YES! Rebel Chewie FTW!
  • Options
    I would settle on Resistance Chewie - so I can do the mod challenges

• paschasc
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Time to revive this post in light of R2-D2....A Droid who is tagged as Galactic Republic, a Rebel, AND Resistance. You know who else qualifies as GR, Rebel and Resistance? Chewbacca!

Please give Chewie the R2 treatment and add Rebel and Resistance and drop the "Clone Wars."
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Clone Wars Chewbaca is good at his job--being a tank that new players can use while they level up and farm better things. A character you get for free at level 1 should probably not be endgame viable. You're supposed to outgrow characters, otherwise you would have no incentive to grow your roster when you could just focus on the dozen or so characters you get early on--Consular, Chewbaca, Jawa, Talia, Royal Guard, etc.

There should be a different Chewbaca later in the game instead. Rebel or Resistance or both.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Both sides make good arguments. CWChewy may get another rework, with some Han synergy, but a complete overhaul is unlikely. I do fully expect them to release a TLJ Chewy with the same tags R2 has (minus droid of course)