Squad with All Pre-Crafted Gear=36k in Power

So I played this squad the other day (#2) in the Top 3 on my server and got wiped out very easily. After ending the battle, I went ahead and took a look at their characters... Apparently almost all of their characters in this squad has pre-crafted gear making their squad power 3000-5000 points higher than the rest of the people. This person never sinks below Top 5. Hopefully there's a way that we will be able to attain this gear level for our characters so we can compete on this level. This type of advantage is kind of too much over everyone else who is stuck in the cycle of not being able to obtain the necessary gear. At this point, the game is not about being skilled but instead about who can exploit the current situation we are in.

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

Replies

• Angrybaldman
    369 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The precrafting debacle is unforgivable, but nothing is going to be done about it now. CG can't just take everyone's gear away and say start over. What's made it worse is that the advantage that GL9-10 have over GL8 is huge.

However, it's pretty clear now that gear is the paywall. It was too easy to star and level toons, and since the shard shop prevents CG from adding stars, gear is their best option to slow down progression and award paying players. I'm no more of a fan of it than you but it was probably necessary to give P2P players an actual advantage. I stopped spending for almost 3 straight months because there was no reason to do so. Now there is.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Hindsight is 20/20
  • Options
    The precrafting debacle is unforgivable, but nothing is going to be done about it now. CG can't just take everyone's gear away and say start over. What's made it worse is that the advantage that GL9-10 have over GL8 is huge.

However, it's pretty clear now that gear is the paywall. It was too easy to star and level toons, and since the shard shop prevents CG from adding stars, gear is their best option to slow down progression and award paying players. I'm no more of a fan of it than you but it was probably necessary to give P2P players an actual advantage. I stopped spending for almost 3 straight months because there was no reason to do so. Now there is.

You are definitely right about how gear is the paywall currently. I never had a problem with people spending money on the game before and I still do not because its good that people are supporting the game. Its just unfortunate that the advantage now is much greater and it is almost impossible for others to farm gear. I would be fine with farming gear at a slow pace but not at a pace of 1 gear for every 3 months. Especially when my main 5 characters need the same gear.

It is what it is though. I just wanted to show an example of what a squad with all pre-crafted gear characters looked like. This is the most extreme example about what is happening currently.
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    Options
    The gear pay wall could easily be rolled back to Gear X+. Precrafters would still have an advantage, but it wouldn't be practically insurmountable. Paywall would still exist for the future. I think that is all 99% of players are asking for at this point.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    While I am agree that precraft is also a debacle, it is to easy to say now that such teams are fully precrafted.

- Furnace can be bought in Shipments.
    - With a little bit luck you already got 1-2 guild gear from the raids.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    The devs basically ruined the ****ing game for most people with the precraft deal. But hey, as long as they're making money they don't seem to care in the least.

It will take months to catch up with a team like that, if ever. The only way to get the gear is slowly through raids or saving up weeks upon weeks of guild coins to buy salvage for the gear in the guild store. And that's just for one gear slot on one character.
  • Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    The devs basically ruined the ****ing game for most people with the precraft deal. But hey, as long as they're making money they don't seem to care in the least.

It will take months to catch up with a team like that, if ever. The only way to get the gear is slowly through raids or saving up weeks upon weeks of guild coins to buy salvage for the gear in the guild store. And that's just for one gear slot on one character.

Yeah too bad they did not initially put the gear in the guild store. I was originally spending coins for Rey. If the situation was different I would have saved up my guild coins for gear strictly. Could've been like 25% done farming one of the pre-crafted gear. Still a very slow rate. At that rate it would take months. In this situation, money gives you an advantage for months.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Guildie has someone on his shard with 38,600+ power. Nearly all due to gear of course.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    You can achieve 38k power only with furnaces alone.
  • GenKillYou
    125 posts Member
    Options
    - With a little bit luck you already got 1-2 guild gear from the raids.

Sorry you need more than luck.

5 tier 6 raids completed. Top 10 every time.

MK 5 Arakyd Droid Caller 0/50
    MK 5 CEC Fusion Furnace 30/50

Fusion Furnace in shipments 1

It's worse than we all think it is.

• Options
    I was lucky and got 2 fully crafted raid gear as well as enough salvages to get another gear with the guild shop. My guild was lucky that we did most raids after they added the mandatory gear to the rewards. Seems you only had two raids since the change.