I need someone with experience...

Prev1
TheDukeofDukes22
585 posts Member
edited May 2016
I just started an account. I am level 29. I need advice please! Any advice is welcomed and appreciated. My current team is GS, RG, JC, Talia and IG 86. I also heard they were giving Phasma free for android. When am I getting minee? I am liking this game a lot.

Replies

• TheDukeofDukes22
    585 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Farm sidious and Lumi
  • HK_47
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Spend some crystals on a pack and see what you get. Then start building a team from there.
  • Options
    All free heroes were one offs at the time. They probably won't be repeated.

Do NOT farm Sidious. Trust me.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    @cosmicturtle333 I am sorry but I did not understand. I am not getting phasma :(? I thought everyone was getting it.
  • Options
    @cosmicturtle333 I am sorry but I did not understand. I am not getting phasma :(? I thought everyone was getting it.

She was given out in December to iOS users and in April to US/Canadian Android users. You were probably looking at an old post or a post asking for them to give her away to Android users outside of US/Canada.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Focus on healers.... Lumi. Then when you open cantina, GS, I say grudgingly. I hate him but he is useful.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    For cantina points just max out qgj.

Arena redeem for STH
  • Options
    @cosmicturtle333 @KamikazeRhombus I am not talking about the free shards they gave to US and Canada. I have another account where 4 Star Phasma was given free to me and I am from Central America.
  • Options
    @Asic thanks bro. GS is already on my team :)
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options

You know I have to politely disagree with this, Sid is very useful against Jedi teams, and he has an excellent survivability. no he is not the toon to take you to number 1 in the arena, but i get alot of use out of mine none the less.His healing block helps in both arena and GW, and his gaining health whenever a toon dies gives him free heals and TM. his damage is middle of the road, not awesome but not bad.

you can do alot worse than to farm sid.

But as others said above you need to farm healers for GW, and your light side and dark side missions. personally id farm old Daka before QGJ.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    farm phasma later from gw and farm sthan or savage from arena
  • TheDukeofDukes22
    585 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Sparrow I have that dispute right now, between QGJ and Old Daka.
  • Options
    I work farm Sid in arena and then ST Han after that. Both are very useful and depending on your team you can choose who to farm first. Light side/dark side hard nodes farm for JC, Dooku, RG, Rey
    Cantina nodes farm for GS first then whoever to fit your team. In the shipments go for QGJ can't go wrong then probably Fives or Daka.
    GW go for Lumi first then phasma then poggle if you'd like.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    @TheDukeofDukes22

Here is how i see it

Daka
    - Dark Side Healer which means you need her for missions
    - excellent stunning especially at level 76
    - double stuns
    - revive characters (helps alot with getting 3 stars)
    - low to moderate damage
    - high protection and moderate to high health
    - some people will avoid you in arena because of daka

QGJ
    - calls assist
    - gives offense up when he dispels
    - dispels single targets
    - moderate damage
    - low protection
    - moderate health
    - is a jedi and hence is susceptible to lots of crap thats bad
    - can help you get Yoda
    - speed boost leader ability helps with a jedi team, but will get you targeted in arena

In my opinion Old Daka wins the comparison but feel free to discuss my points
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

+1
    All great toons to have, and easily farmable at lower levels, so work on them for awhile. You have multiple venues to earn free characters, and they can be great characters when their synergy is compatible (except Magma Trooper). The easiest place to unlock new talent is in the Galactic War arena.

If you're a Star Wars fan, look for your favorite characters and get them. If you like the Dark Side, the chances of there being an Empire event in the near future are really good.

But again, work with what you have for awhile, and when you get Arena tokens (Squad, Cantina, Galactic Wars), focus on unlocking one character at a time, and when you pick a direction, stick with it. Don't let yourself get distracted by popular characters - by the time you unlock them, they will no longer be popular.

When you earn crystals, use them wisely on energy refreshes for which ever arena you want characters from most.

Gearing up your characters is more important than leveling them up - only level up when you have to. Promote them when you can, but gear gear gear... That's what's important.

Most importantly, have fun. You're going to lose a lot but you're going to win a lot, too. This game can consume you, anger you, and frustrate you. But it will also entertain you, excite you and when those big achievements are earned, get your adrenaline going.

Welcome to Galaxy of Heroes!

(150 straight days of playing - it consumed me)
    Post edited by 1AmYourFath3r on
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Farm- QGJ, Daka, Barriss when you can, Dooku, GS, IG86, Rey, RG, Savage

Do Not Farm- Boba, Chewie, Ewoks, or any of the other no name type characters.

Other pointers- Do not waste your purple mats on leader abilities for those you won't use as leaders, there is a retreat button in gw ( hidden in the settings, use it ), complete all challenges and dailys each day.
  • Options
    @Sparrow @1AmYourFath3r @ObranVox thank you all!! I have another question for you: isn't dooku going to be nerfed? At least in his leadership skill which is what makes him a MUST.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    @TheDukeofDukes22

Likely no he wont be nerfed further, they already made it so you dont counter assissts, and taunts now pull counters as well, so i personally dont see him getting a further nerf anytime soon.

that being said eventually i would not be surprised to see his leader ability apply to sith only or the offense up apply to sith only much like many other leader abilities apply to their synergy first and then to the rest at a lesser degree.
  • Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    @TheDukeofDukes22

Likely no he wont be nerfed further, they already made it so you dont counter assissts, and taunts now pull counters as well, so i personally dont see him getting a further nerf anytime soon.

that being said eventually i would not be surprised to see his leader ability apply to sith only or the offense up apply to sith only much like many other leader abilities apply to their synergy first and then to the rest at a lesser degree.

What about rey? She is also slow to farm and people are asking for nerf.
  • Options
    @Sparrow @1AmYourFath3r @ObranVox thank you all!! I have another question for you: isn't dooku going to be nerfed? At least in his leadership skill which is what makes him a MUST.

You can almost count on it. People don't know how to defend against him properly, so they cry for him to be nerfed. I don't have him, but will consider getting him just to fill out my Sith squad - no other reason.
  • Options
    @1AmYourFath3r what about rey?
  • Options
    @TheDukeofDukes22 rey is hands down the best attacker in the game. She is definitely worth the long term grind.
  • Options
    @1AmYourFath3r what about rey?

She could possibly be nerfed as well lol. Expect any high value character to be nerfed by the time you unlock them. Focus on full squads which you can use in special events (eg Yoda challenge). And synergy does go a long way, especially in Galactic Wars and LS/DS battles.
  • Options
    Name a single hero that isn't likely to be nerfed . . .

Ugnaught was nerfed in the last update for God's sake.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    @TheDukeofDukes22 I dont see Rey being nerfed, the addition of protection was intended to be the blanket nerf for glass cannons, meaning toons like Rey cant one shot your team members before they even act anymore.
  • Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    @TheDukeofDukes22 I dont see Rey being nerfed, the addition of protection was intended to be the blanket nerf for glass cannons, meaning toons like Rey cant one shot your team members before they even act anymore.

Challenge accepted.
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @cosmicturtle333 @KamikazeRhombus I am not talking about the free shards they gave to US and Canada. I have another account where 4 Star Phasma was given free to me and I am from Central America.

Yes and I told you where that came from in my first post you just decided not to read that part.

EDIT: I mixed up the first post android got her in December. iOS got Poe.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    Prioritize doing well in PvP (Arena and Galactic War). You'll earn more crystals and credits if you can do well in those two modes. You want to get and maintain momentum as early as possible.

Do the PvE stuff as you need it, focus your energy early on a small team so you're not spread too thin. So only do PvE tables as far as you need for gear and shards.

Gear is extremely important in this game. More so than most new players realize. Gear up your primary toons ASAP. On that note, don't farm a bunch of hard nodes. If you pick a toon or two to do that's ok, but prioritize energy on farming gear for your main toons.

Don't spread too thin. You want to be building your roster, but don't try to farm too many at once. You won't be able to keep up long-term.
  • Options

you just decided not to read it

Lol chill a bit bro!