Officers at DarkAngels Guild

DarkAngel17
156 posts Member
edited May 2016
Yesterday when the first time we had the idea to add officers, I received some concerns about it. With that being said, Im open to have officers, here is how this poll is going to work.
You should vote, and then make a comment. If you want to be an officer, please put your game username on the comment for the voting that is going to happen when this poll is closed.
Here are the conditions to have officers:

1. Officers can only start a raid, if and only if, it is on the pre determinated times we have, right now those times are alternating Noon and 8:00 PM Central (+- 5 minutes) and we are doing only Tier V, if we want to do a Tier VI again we should know if the majority agrees on that. Everybody on the guild knows about those times, and they can be changed only if the majority of the guild agrees on that. All guild members plan around those times.

2. Officers can not ABANDOND a raid, the ABANDON button is dangerously close to the button to start a battle on the Raid, if that button is pressed, the guild lose the progress and the coins that we used to start that raid.

3. Only users on the guild without activity on 3 days can be kicked out, We do not kick anyone just because he or she does not have a good roster, thats not the way of this guild.

Now, there is no way, at least yet, on this game to track who start a raid, who abandon a raid or who kick a user. If that happens, I (or nobody on the guild) will know who did it. If any of those actions is taken by a guild officer, then all officers will be demoted to members. With these, all the members that PM me about not having officers, will be more sure that the guild will do fine with officers.
Please vote, and remember to include your game username for the voting of an officer if you want to become one.

Thank you!

Officers at DarkAngels Guild 20 votes

Yes, we should have officers. (if you want to become one, comment and include your game username)
75%
SaidonAntmanndieChrispy410JackofMidworldFreddyfroolocalredbaggerChris04161980CeirowynGriz1056DunehammerFolzaraPhoenix_YomaronojweLloydChristmas1200D2 15 votes
No, we are fine the way we are. (Please explain why)
25%
BaalMikaDomColumboMelBotesItzadbbro 5 votes

Replies

• Options
    Yes, we should have officers. (if you want to become one, comment and include your game username)
    Throwing my name out there in the mix to be an officer. In game username is NickelsWorth and I'm in NYC, EST zone.

It's good to have more than one player to be able to start a Raid, just in case the leader's hands are tied and you can't start the Raid at the predetermined time.

• Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Only picked no in the interrst of balance (no unsure option). Dark, if you're cool with officers and it would make your life easier, by all means, appoint some. But not sure what function they would really fill outside of that.
  • Options
    I vote yes and only yes because I feel it is unfair to DarkAngel to always have to be around to start a raid. Under these conditions, I think it is pretty clear and frank that the only role of an officer in our guild is to start a raid on a scheduled start time when DarkAngel can not due to real life circumstances.
    I personally would have no issue being responsible to start a raid, and I most certainly would never veer from these rules. I however, can not begin raids at noon due to work. So I am not a good choice to be an officer.
  • Options
    I'm cool either way, but I vote yes
  • Options
    I'll also just make public note that no, I am not an experienced gamer, so guilds is a new thing to me. (yes I googled it when I heard guilds were coming) What I do have extensive experience in is team building and leadership. I am confident that this particular guild we are a part of is special and should not be taken for granted. We have great leadership and everyone has their voice heard. There is no need to change any current set up. Just a little supplement to take the burden off one person's shoulders.
  • Mika
    48 posts Member
    Options
    I just don't see any reason to have officers. There's only two things they can do, kick people or start raids. As for the first one, I don't think they should be allowed to kick people. The guild leader should do that and no one else. And it's so easy to check if someone has been active so we don't need people just for that job. As for starting raids, I guess they could be of some help at starting raids but do we really need many people for that job. So unless Dark wants help with starting them and it would make his life easier, there's no need for officers.
  • 1200D2
    1 posts Member
    Options
    i voted yes, but I'm ok either way.

• Options
    I voted yes, but I can see both sides of it. I thought about throwing my name in the hat, but I'm on the east coast and will be back on shift work soon and there will be times that I won't we able to get into the game to start raids.
  • Options
    I'm a bit indifferent but lean to no. If Dark Angel prefers to have officers and or delegate that's fine too. I don't want to be an officer. Fun guild. Low key.
  • Options
    I voted yes. I will volunteer to be an officer if one is needed in the eastern time zone. As far as time goes, since it appears we are just about able to do a Tier 5 in one day, I suggest we start at the same time everyday, since the current raid will end either just as a roster reset occurs or soon without resets. And I would also suggest doing tier 5 daily and when the coin bank is just about empty we do a tier 6 to rebuild it up. My in game name is antmanndie.
  • Options
    Went with yes only because it may be prudent to have somebody else to kick off raids if Dark isn't available. Not sure much else is needed besides that, will defer to Dark's concerns in that case.
  • Options
    Any other guild in a video game that I have been a part of always had officers (MMOs, Clash, etc). That being said, I think their uses here are limited, so perhaps we only need a small number? 2 officers would seem to cover the Raid starts and watch the roster.
  • Options
    I would have two officers max, at least to start.
  • Ceirowyn
    14 posts Member
    Options
    I voted yes because running a guild can be stressful and it's nice to have someone you trust back you up. I would suggest we start with a single officer and see if we need more. Dark being the deciding vote on who. That said, being selfish a moment I'd love an officer in est. Id be fine with Nickel or Ant.
  • Options
    We now have officers! There were 3 interested so the three of them now they can start rides. Today raid is 8:00PM. Nickel, Chris and Ant.