Official word on iOS/android differences?

This is the first game I've played that treated different groups of users differently. For example, some groups received the 21 day sub offer, some the 7 day, and some none at all. Just recently only the android users received the offer for the starter pack while iOS received nothing.

Has CG/EA stated why these differences exist? Can we expect this trend to continue? My fear is that different groups will get advantages over other groups without any real reason.

Replies

• Options
    Forgot to mention Poe on iOS and pharma on android
  • Options
    Have you never owned a console?
  • Options

Yes, I have. Thanks for your contribution!
  • Options
    It's a common practice for CG/EA. They always favour one over the other, in HoDA it was iOS with exclusive free characters and good deals. In this game it seems android is flavour of the year. And yes you can expect the trend to continue.
  • Sparsile
    24 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It seems pretty unprofessional and has completely soured me on what's otherwise a decent game.

It's only a matter of time until a platform is offered something like 70 fotp's, 70 Maul shards and 15 Vader shards on the cheap while the other is left in the cold.

There really should have been more of an uproar from iOS users after the end of year pack. The end game meta is about turn meter control and the clone seargent is probably the best controller in the game.
  • Options
    If you thought clone sergeant was awesome at turn meter control, you haven't met my good friend Stormtrooper Han.
  • Options
    If you thought clone sergeant was awesome at turn meter control, you haven't met my good friend Stormtrooper Han.

I'm a big fan of Han also. It's just that there's a configuration using CS that lets your entire team take 2 turns before all but the fastest characters on your opponent's side take one.
  • Noci
    81 posts Member
    Options
    It's a common practice for CG/EA. They always favour one over the other, in HoDA it was iOS with exclusive free characters and good deals. In this game it seems android is flavour of the year. And yes you can expect the trend to continue.

I had no idea. That's sad to hear. Not that I wanted the starter pack, but going forward, I'd hate for anyone to be left out of anything. If there was a reason for it, e.g., Apple gave all users 500 gems for Christmas, or Google offered a discount on a pack, then that's fine. But to not be even offered a pack or subscription is kinda lame :\
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Noci wrote: »

Yes, I have. Thanks for your contribution!

+1

• Options
    I think theres not more ios outcry because most of us arent aware of the differences. I had no idea until today.
  • Options
    @Sparsile, what's that config about? Can you share a bit more of it? Hints? Lol
  • Options
    We iOS users are pretty much getting used to it, there is not much thing we can do.

P.S.:You forgot the Samsung Pack aswell
  • Noci
    81 posts Member
    Options
    I would be okay with the Samsung pack if Samsung paid for that promotion. It's when CG/EA randomly decides to get certain people certain benefits/options.
  • Options
    Yeah but IOS got the limited Leai & Qui Bundle & crystal pack with purchase of the IPad Pro/Air2/6S+ That was right before Christmas so it's kind of fair. They really should have ran it longer than a week though. :/
  • Noci
    81 posts Member
    Options
    Still looking for an answer, EA/CG!
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There was a samsung phone made as a galaxy of heroes collectorish item...which explains that pack.

http://www.samsung.com/de/offer/star-wars-bundle/
  • Options
    Samsung Galaxy S6...of Heroes