Are droid teams still viable?

I was just wondering if they are, as I was considering farming one.

Replies

• Options
    The point is this, you can't farm one. You have to commit to 86 88 47 100 and Poggle (or Jawa engineer). As isolated units, honestly they are so weak. I got 7* 86 and barely use him, but my next order of business is to go all out.
  • Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, they are valid.
    On my shard, I can get to rank 15, but might drop to rank 45 overnight. Might have something to do that I am only level 45 and everyone else is 47.

But use HK (lead), 88, 86 and Jawa Engineer, the last should be eiter ig-100 or a tank, but considering the speed from JE, go with 100
    I am Norwegian!
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Don't see any droids team anymore in the top 30. But that might change in one month when people get jawa engineer viable.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    If I see a droid team I know I've got an easy win, unfortunately there isn't any in the top 20 anymore
  • Options
    I still make top 10 on an early December server with droids. I even use Jawa Engineer at 4* and I find him very useful.
  • DanMan25
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Droid teams are valuable, just not in pvp. They make great fodder if you have the time to invest. They can really help as a b team for gw if you're struggling in gw
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    Options
    There's one droid team making no 1 in my shard quite regularly, dunno if it happens at his payout. I know another person personally, getting no 1 with a droid team everyday at payout. So still viable but drops harder than Dooku/ QGJ etc.

The one in my shard is running 47, 86,88, Poggle and Phasma (?) all lvl 77 right now and the one I know runs Pog, 88, 86, GS and Han, all level 78.
  • Thire
    111 posts Member
    Options
    I still think they're good. Highest damage of any team for sure, and I stay in top 50 every day with full droids (HK, 3 IG's, and poggle)
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Not top ten competive without like three refreshes. Looking to see how jaws engineer plays out.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Statement: Yo momma said i was still viable ladt night, meatbag.
  • MayCM
    124 posts Member
    Options
    There's a Droid team on my shard making top 10 every day (March, so everybody is at lvl 70 max). HK leader, poggle, ig68 and 88 and poe. Pretty impressive if you are lacking speed.
  • Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    Not top ten competive without like three refreshes. Looking to see how jaws engineer plays out.

Weird I got into top 10 with only 3 battles using my droids. Jawa Engineer is a beast.
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Statement: Yo momma said i was still viable ladt night, meatbag.

That's funny, right there.

I run droids in a December shard. Just about everyone in top 100 has all 7* characters, level 76+. I am usually in the 30-50 range, but you do get targeted quite a bit as everyone avoids Dooku, 5's, and Old Ben teams. I run HK (L), IG-86, IG-88, and Poggle (all 7*, GL 8-9, LV 77). For my fifth, I run either Sun Fac (5*, got lucky and pulled him multiple times from a 8x Chromium), Lumi, or Poe. I see folks on my shard running RG and OD as a fifth. See JE, but don't have him yet... few more days! He could really make droids a top squad with his TM boost.

The thing that was appealing about droids for me is they are easily farmable (except Sun Fac, who is awesome, but a bit underpowered at 5*), so they're good for FTP or light spenders.