Is Magna Guard good?

2Next

Replies

• Savageop
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    Unfortunately he's pretty average. He's not terrible, but there is no logical reason to use him over other droids and definitely no reason to use him in a non droid team.

However, one day he might be amazing, I remember people having the same discussion about RG when he was useless, now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJKjy8ssrX4

the beginning of my droid team, not yet g9 or 7*
    Instead of. 100 poggle would be better choice
  • Options
    Bostonmess wrote: »
    It's funny that no one mentioned him in combination with Java engineer. Then IG-100 should shine in a HK lead full droid squad which acts first, gets multiple hits and debuffs directly from start ...
    If this squad is as good as I expect, Magnaguard is the most viable fifth member and by far better than Datcha and Jawa could be
    Really looking forward to this squad

Poggle for offence up?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Poggle isnt a droid. So he would not get to go until after 88 and 86. So thats 86s assist attack wasted. And 88s nuclear bomb and followup attack wasted. Poggle already missed the most important part of the party.

Poe same. He cant tee it up for 88, either.

In this way, droids will need to slug it out a little longer and ig 100 and hk may be counted on to take some hits. While doing crowd control and boosting 86s synergy. Ig100s aoe is going to knock back the tm of one, maybe even two toons. And give him a free attack. So even though his dps is low, he will be fairly effective in the opening attack.

I also think magnaguard is likely the best 5th because the guy on my server with all these toons is using him with his JE team. I fought it for fun. Got slaughtered.

Plus the idea of 100 and hk as the last two standing is just too cool. The blast is over and the glass cannons are shattered. But these two droids are still sizzling, because they dont die easy. IG debuffing. Hk giving himself o up to dish out 5k crits. Gotta go magnaguard. HK's tower of health and self rez make more sense when he has some potential backup that also has staying power.

When hk and poggle are the last two toons, it is over already. Poggle is useless without a team, and hk already buffs himself. Ig 100 and hk dont lose any synergy. Ig gains ground due to his counter. Now his basic single target debuff of offense down is a good tool for a last stand against a couple enemies and has abhigh chance of landing with his counter. Together, hk and 100 are a half decent last two standing.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed hk/100 do make a valiant last stand and it seems they are always last droids standing...100 moreso...however there combined dps is lackluster...but with the omega lead hk, it seems much much better, however as others omega there squad out i dont think it will be enuff....100 needs to get a taunt after su/ou/taunt...that wont ruin him only make the description fit. "Disruptive droid tank that becomes deadly if ignored" currently he is NOT deadly...however if 3 round in a row he taunted a round he would b deadly, or at least deadlyish :#
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Agreed hk/100 do make a valiant last stand and it seems they are always last droids standing...100 moreso...however there combined dps is lackluster...but with the omega lead hk, it seems much much better, however as others omega there squad out i dont think it will be enuff....100 needs to get a taunt after su/ou/taunt...that wont ruin him only make the description fit. "Disruptive droid tank that becomes deadly if ignored" currently he is NOT deadly...however if 3 round he's ignored in a row he taunted a round he would b deadly, or at least deadlyish :#

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed hk/100 do make a valiant last stand and it seems they are always last droids standing...100 moreso...however there combined dps is lackluster...but with the omega lead hk, it seems much much better, however as others omega there squad out i dont think it will be enuff....100 needs to get a taunt after su/ou/taunt...that wont ruin him only make the description fit. "Disruptive droid tank that becomes deadly if ignored" currently he is NOT deadly...however if 3 round he's ignored in a row he taunted a round he would definitely be disruptive and deadly, or at least deadlyish :#