Darth Sidious' ability needs rework

Demoralizing Blows (level 7) - Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Damage over Time for 2 Turns. This attack inflicts an additional Damage over Time effect on Critical Hit.

Debuff doesn't even land (owing to his 0 potency) nor is 1 or 2 Damage Over Time "demoralizing" at all even if they land.

My suggestion:
Demoralizing Blows (level 7) - Deal Physical damage to all enemies with 75% chance each to inflict Potency Down, Tenacity Down, Critical Hit Chance Down, Speed Down for 2 Turns. This attack inflicts Health Down on Critical Hit.

(Disclaimer: above is my own opinion.)

Guys, what is your opinion?

Replies

• Options
    Nice but still not enough. Add 50% chance to remove tm. Plus something like dmg increase + stun chance on basic would also be nice. Sid needs to be pure evil. Currently his light sabers merely tickle the enemy a little bit...
  • MayCM
    124 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think that this guy needs a buff. He heels himself, inflicts healing immunity, deals decent damage, and is especially resistent against jedis. It's a nice and balanced character fitting in a lot of teams, but yes, he is not op, and, let's stick with that, right?
  • Stacker
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Sid just needs a potency buff to bring him back to top tier. No need to change his kit.
  • StickyBuds
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm always disappointed by his AOE effectiveness. However, his evasion against Jedi, and his self heal make him a solid addition to a Dooku led, anti Jedi team. Maybe like Slacker said, just turn up the potency on him so his **** AOE isn't so easily resisted. Adding in a 35-50% chance to stun Jedi would also be excellent.
    Stacker wrote: »
    Sid just needs a potency buff to bring him back to top tier. No need to change his kit.

Like someone already pointed out; if you add too much to his skills then he becomes OP. His self heal alone is almost unmatchable. It's only balanced because of his low health pool.
    Vodo Siosk Baas
    - Guild Leader of Dantooine Gentlemen's Club
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Sid is awful and he is a nightmare to gear up. Seems like his glee-ing days are over.
  • Bialaska
    74 posts Member
    Options
    I love his unique ability and his basic attack (heal block is amazing), but yeah, demoralizing attack is terrible. I personally think there were a few alternatives that would be better, especially since he is just about one of the most powerful characters in the entire Star Wars universe.

Sow doubt: Non-damaging AOE stun
    Force Lightning: AOE special damage with a chance to stun
    Redirection (pass the blame): Single target buff-remover, which also puts a 1 turn taunt on one of your characters.
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Sid needs more than a potency buff to make him relevant again...he needs a damage buff on his basic, badly (though not quite as much as Anakin does). Healing immunity is nearly pointless in arena, and his survival abilities are just as pointless because who actually attacks Sid in any other order than last? Sid is not Fives, in that leaving him for last is a risky proposition. You leave him for last because he's just flat-out bad and is not a threat at all.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Sid has healing immunity on his basic, and gives both an increased crit chance and damage as a leader. He seems pretty solid to me. Perhaps not the best, but solid.
  • Options
    int3ns1fy wrote: »
    Sid needs more than a potency buff to make him relevant again...he needs a damage buff on his basic, badly (though not quite as much as Anakin does). Healing immunity is nearly pointless in arena, and his survival abilities are just as pointless because who actually attacks Sid in any other order than last? Sid is not Fives, in that leaving him for last is a risky proposition. You leave him for last because he's just flat-out bad and is not a threat at all.

Exactly.
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    Sid has healing immunity on his basic, and gives both an increased crit chance and damage as a leader. He seems pretty solid to me. Perhaps not the best, but solid.

In case you have not yet reached end game and top 10 in arena, I can assure you with my humble experience that he is bad in Arena: Developer nerfed his potency to 0% because of players' complaint about difficulty in Galatic War, not to mention he has become more and more incompetent in Arena as level cap goes up because his damage is far from scaling up with that of damage dealers (such as GS) while he has the lowest health in game.

Cons:
    1. His Negative Status Effects don't even land, not to mention Damage Over Time and Healing Immunity are not competent in Arena even if they land.

2. His damage is incomparable with that of damage dealers (such as GS) and even lower than that of some non-damage dealer (such as Captain Phasma).

3. He has the lowest health in game.

Pros:
    1. Has +35% dodge against Jedi: Partially irrelevant in Offense battle in Arena because Jedi enemy not necessarily choose to attack him and mostly irrelevant in defense battle in Arena because most players do not choose to attack him with Jedi heroes nor is he a threat at all to leave out because of his low damage and his inconsequential Effects (Healing Immunity and Damage Over Time) as in Arena.

2. Apply healing immunity: 0 potency thus rarely apply (not to mention it's not competent in Arena even if it applies).

3. Apply DOT: 0 potency thus rarely apply (not to mention it's not competent in Arena even if it applies).

4. Generate 20% health whenever anyone dies: generating 2000 health after someone dies is inconsequential as heroes are encountering 5k+ damage up to 15k+ damage for a single strike in end game.

5. Leader Ability (+14% Critical Hit Chance and +20% Critical Hit Damage): the total of +19.8% increase in damage output for the whole team is much inferior to the overall ability of Captain Phasma (up to ~50% increase in damage output for the whole team along with ability effect and status effect from Basic Attacks of the whole team)

In conclusion, he is inferior in Arena and needs to be fixed so that he can be competent in Arena.

(Nevertheless, we spend 27 days of our finite life to farm him to 7* not because so that we can put him on a bench or have one more toon to do DS missions, but because we want a overall competent toon that can do well everywhere especially in Arena. Developer should never drastically alter the stats and abilities of the toons to make them not or less competent after we spend lots of time (weeks and months) of our life acquiring them, which I think is a definitely a violation.)