The value of what you are paying for

XEnVY
29 posts Member
Many people spend THOUSANDS of dollars and its gambling.But how much is the value of the things your paying for?Let me explain.If swgoh was a paid game would you value it thousands of dollars?As the game is f2p to get the real advantage you need to pay money.Gambling real life money on in game slot machines in which you get no money back.A 7* toon to be around 100+ dollars as no game should be that pricy for a character.Does a character have the same value of an 60$ game? yet alone a xbox itself?No.As gear comes increasingly rare to next level.Paying money is in my opinion a stupid thing to do cause eventually your going to have to pay more in the long run.imo the items in the game should be less value then the game itself.Now im not saying never spend money im saying you should be careful what your buying.Everyone knows spending 25 dollars gets you nowhere.Yet alone the game itself isn't worth 25.Not trying to bash any players that spend just trying to help players know the value of what they are buying.

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Too much words

Packs are hit and miss, on diminishing returns.
  • XEnVY
    29 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Too much words

Packs are hit and miss, on diminishing returns.
    Alot of words so I can get my point across
  • Options
    Thank you for the post. I agree with the OP

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options
    I think of it as paying a subscription. When I buy a news site subscription (for example) I don't pay X dollars for ALL the issues, I pay one issue/week/month at a time.

In the game, You're not paying for the product, you're paying for the features tonuse before they're available for free. There's a reason companies use this model. It works. It works better than charging a flat fee for the game. If it didn't work, no one would be paying. And the fact that nothing is changing, cost-wise, says that people are paying it.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    You are paying for entertainment for the experience. When you go to the movies you are paying money to be entertained for around 2 hours. So if someone pays money in this game they pay based on what they feel the game's entertainment value is worth. For some it's worth nothing, others think it's worth $20, some think it's worth hundreds, and a few feel it's worth thousands.

I personally have been playing since last November everyday. I spent over $500 which is about $100 a month or around $3.33 per day. I don't feel like I've spent too much because I feel I've like I've gotten $3.33 worth of entertainment everyday.
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Options
    The fun is in the challenge of beating stronger teams. I'm happy for the whales/spenders. They give me a goal to beat them with my ftp squad. I do fail at the top rank but overtime it's a good feeling when i catch up. OP is correct. Price and value are often off the chart for this game. People will always perceive value and worth in different points of view. It's the classic flinch test with price. And it seems people will pay a premium for Star Wars.

To note it is also an addictive game. I've played it everyday since install in dec 2015.
  • Options
    It's entertainment. I spend $25 going to happy hour after work or go to a sports bar and watch a game a drink. What value am I getting out of that? I've paid less than $100 into this game, but if one day I decide that I want to toss more at it, I don't see it as any different than any other type of entertainment.

I'd never spend thousands of dollars of it, I'd rather go on vacation somewhere. But it's disposable income I, it's disposable income, spend it one what enjoyable. You can't really tell people what value something has to them, only what value it has to you.
  • Options
    If people will pay it, then the price is right. If it gets too high, no one will pay, and if the number of people paying drops far enough, EA/CG will lose profit and lower the prices a bit to encourage more people to buy. That's how it works.
  • XEnVY
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    It's entertainment. I spend $25 going to happy hour after work or go to a sports bar and watch a game a drink. What value am I getting out of that? I've paid less than $100 into this game, but if one day I decide that I want to toss more at it, I don't see it as any different than any other type of entertainment.

I'd never spend thousands of dollars of it, I'd rather go on vacation somewhere. But it's disposable income I, it's disposable income, spend it one what enjoyable. You can't really tell people what value something has to them, only what value it has to you.

Id rather go to the movies then level a fake in game character but hey your money is your money
  • Options
    XEnVY wrote: »

Id rather go to the movies then level a fake in game character but hey your money is your money

And that's your opinion. But for example, I bought some crystals during the May 4th event so that I could refresh more and take advantage of the double shards. However, I saw a furnace in the shipments, bought it and put in on Rey to make her Gear IX. Ever since I've been finishing higher in raids, higher in arena, as high as top 5, and generally enjoying smacking things around in GW, raids, battles, and the arena.

Conversely, I spent $13.50 to go see Captain America Civil War yesterday, loved the movie, but what value exactly will I be getting from the $13.50 tomorrow or the day after?
  • XEnVY
    29 posts Member
    Options

And that's your opinion. But for example, I bought some crystals during the May 4th event so that I could refresh more and take advantage of the double shards. However, I saw a furnace in the shipments, bought it and put in on Rey to make her Gear IX. Ever since I've been finishing higher in raids, higher in arena, as high as top 5, and generally enjoying smacking things around in GW, raids, battles, and the arena.

Conversely, I spent $13.50 to go see Captain America Civil War yesterday, loved the movie, but what value exactly will I be getting from the $13.50 tomorrow or the day after?

A memory that I had with my family.Its impossible to justify over spending thousands on a video game
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

A memory that I had with my family.Its impossible to justify over spending thousands on a video game

I spend $10 a day eating out for lunch. That's about $2500 per year that offers me no real value. If someone drops that on this game they have chosen to spend their money differently.

Both of us "wasted" it, but if you get utility out of it then it's not really wasted.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

hey your money is your money

/thread
  • XEnVY
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

I spend $10 a day eating out for lunch. That's about $2500 per year that offers me no real value. If someone drops that on this game they have chosen to spend their money differently.

Both of us "wasted" it, but if you get utility out of it then it's not really wasted.

Im not arguing that what you are buying is useless its that a character shouldn't have more value then the game itself
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I once spent $60 on a pier one imports lufa...and it broke the first time it encountered a "situation".

Point being ... its your $

Post edited by Loose_Lee on
  • Options
    Paying supports free play yet free players complain because they don't realize this. It's that simple.
  • XEnVY
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Paying supports free play yet free players complain because they don't realize this. It's that simple.

Freeplay=Pay wall
  • XEnVY
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    I once spent $60 on a pier one imports lufa...and it broke the first time it encountered a "situation".

Point being ... its your $
    But with your own money you can buy useless things
  • soneill73
    202 posts Member
    Options
    What's the issue? Have none of you gone to Dave and Busters, or Chuck E Cheese and spent $30 - 40 for tokens or play cards to get less than $5 in prizes? This is life, development costs money, if people stop spending money on this game it goes away and I can no longer play it for free let alone, at all.