Buff/Debuff... I don't get it. :(

I don't quite get what a buff or debuff is.

In the challenge where you face off against GMT and GV I have beaten them at the top level but more often than not I just fail. This is regardless of me targeting the droids or just the bosses.

What does it mean 'Destroy the droids for a buff' as I seem to get not noticeable benefit?

Replies

• kaleb314
    146 posts Member
    Options
    In most games like this, there are status effects. Positive ones are called buffs and negative ones called debuffs.
    In the challenge with Tarkin and Veers, the buff you get from killing one of the droids is 100% defense penetration, allowing you to do massive damage to the Tarkin and Veers, who in the challenge, have extremely high defense. The defense penetration buff should be showing up as green icons of a shield and an arrow above your characters life bars
  • Options
    Ok Thanks. I still struggle to smash them with the droids removed but that has given me a thought strategy wise for my current top team.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Only kill one droid, then attack Tarkin with everyone who has the buff, then kill the other droid, then unload on Veers.
  • Options
    Yup. I did that and it worked a treat. :)