Can we please have the option to set separate defense teams?

^ This.

This has to be the only game I've played of this nature where you can't set a separate team for defence. What gives with that? It's bad enough the defending AI is abysmal, but forcing us to defend with our offense team? I have no idea why such a basic feature wasn't implemented from day one, we shouldn't even be asking for it.

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed fully, under AI control i would definatly go a dif team on defence. Offence is about niche countering your opponet but defending is about being as universal as possible. Its a different dynamic and needs to be a seperate team for sure
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Us (I am mostly) F2P generally don't even have a full 7* team and you want to require 2. No thanks.
  • Options
    I'm F2p and have multiple team combinations after a month. And this isn't about having full 7* teams. It could simply be that 1 or 2 units in your offense would be really poor defending and you'd rather have another unit in its place.
  • Noci
    81 posts Member
    Options
    They can't even get the game to tell us who we fought on defense, which is absurd. They'll never have separate teams, though I'd love it.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I'm F2p and have multiple team combinations after a month. And this isn't about having full 7* teams. It could simply be that 1 or 2 units in your offense would be really poor defending and you'd rather have another unit in its place.

Good luck having a lot of 4* once people are full 7*, the damage and HP drop off is rather large.

You do realize that you can just use your last attack to set a defensive lineup if you wanted. It's not ideal but is an option.
  • Options
    Defensive team option would be marvelous
  • Terendol
    24 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No. Why? Because it's balanced right now. Those other games you're talking about - people just build turtle teams and it's not interesting at all.

It'll just be Chewie, Lumi, Bariss, JC and another sponge tank to drain the clock. This would be the worst decision they made and one reason I'm not a huge fan of Dungeon Boss. They have bigger problems, like exploits and god mode on Android to worry about.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Randall wrote: »
    Us (I am mostly) F2P generally don't even have a full 7* team and you want to require 2. No thanks.

No one said it would be a requirement. If all u have available is enough to make 1 team then you wouod just use it for offence an defence. Being F2P has nothing to do with this lol. Its your choice how u build, who u build, how u farm, and who you farm but those who have the too s to build seoerate offence an defence (F2P and P2P) should not be held back from doing so because you cant.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Terendol wrote: »
    No. Why? Because it's balanced right now. Those other games you're talking about - people just build turtle teams and it's not interesting at all.

It'll just be Chewie, Lumi, Bariss, JC and another sponge tank to drain the clock. This would be the worst decision they made and one reason I'm not a huge fan of Dungeon Boss. They have bigger problems, like exploits and god mode on Android to worry about.

I would rank 1 instantly if everyone built the team you described. Turtle teams get mopped in this game (prob on purpose for the reason you listed).

Take sid an kylo an heal block you, let the AI blow their heals then drop one at a time. That team would get wrecked w/in 3 min guaranteed.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »

No one said it would be a requirement. If all u have available is enough to make 1 team then you wouod just use it for offence an defence. Being F2P has nothing to do with this lol. Its your choice how u build, who u build, how u farm, and who you farm but those who have the too s to build seoerate offence an defence (F2P and P2P) should not be held back from doing so because you cant.

It has everything to do it... To be competitive you will need both an offense squad and a defensive squad.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    No chance, way bigger issues atm. Also like stated, last hit of the day you can be more defensive.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »

It has everything to do it... To be competitive you will need both an offense squad and a defensive squad.

So in your opinion, its better to hold back endgame player till you can catchup because you font have the capability of building seperate teams yet???

That logic makes 0 sence as there is always going be "up an coming players" and these players will always be at a disadvantage.

You would use the feature if they gave it to us to the best your toons allow and would rank accordingly. If this exposes you (as an example, im not atk'n you specifically) and you drop in rank then quite frakly, you prob were ranked too high to begin with.

There is lots of issues needing fixed an bugs etc but this is a great idea for a feature that would help players rank more realistically and help prevent some snipe exploiting maybe.

You dont have to agree that its a good feature but sayin its bad cause you cant setup a seperate defence which leaves you exposed is a weak argument at best lol
  • Options
    I love the idea also. I'd leave a different team for sure.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    @Randall

Also note that i guarantee i would drop rank under this feature. I have some options to play around but im not much of a spender so im semi-limited till i can farm more.
    But thats the difference here. Your worried about your game only and Im looking at the game/community as a whole.