Why Do I Suck In Raids?

ObranVox
134 posts Member
Somehow I only post 250k damage with two fully maxed teams. Meanwhile others in my guild with the same toons are posting 1 and 2 mil damage. What gives?

Replies

• Options
    if you gave us your units/ team builds we could help a bit more.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Same here, I just do what I can, I need dispellers though know that, QGJ cant do it alone.
  • Mojavelandbaron
    977 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Might depend on the power of your characters, and how you team each squad together, and what leader you use. I'm with you on that. The highest I've gotten so far is 200 thousand-something damage. I'm still developing or haven't unlocked certain characters yet whose abilities can get around the guards' taunts and all that, but we'll get there. My guild brothers n sisters who bag in the millions know who to use, and they also tend to have a larger supply of toons 5-stars or higher than I do. In fact, those players tend to have 7-star characters, and the higher geared/starred characters will also last longer and can do more damage with each attack.
  • Options
    Which raid tier and which phase?
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options

Tier 1 with Ugnaught, Jedi Guardian, Boba, and a couple tuskens.
  • Options
    Kopfschuss wrote: »

Tier 1 with Ugnaught, Jedi Guardian, Boba, and a couple tuskens.

250k seems about right for that combination.
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    Options
    I run the following toons...

Sid ( L ), QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, Rey. All 7 star, maxed abilities except Rey is 5 star.

Also run Phasma ( L ), Kylo, Dooku, Daka, IG86. Also 7 star, maxed abilities except 86 and Kylo are 6 star.

Tier 5, pigs
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Phase 1 is the most specialized of the 4. It requires specific units with specific abilities. You need:
    - Dispellers to get rid of the taunts.
    - Stunners to prevent taunts and reduce damage.
    - Turn meter reducers to slow down the captain.
    - Cleansers to remove expose and especially deathmark.
    - DPS to do damage.

The guys you listed are, in order, nearly useless (okay some DPS), dispel/DPS (good), a bit of TM reducer with ability to protect (if captain over 50%), heal/DPS, DPS, DPS/slow (good), light DPS, DPS, control, DPS.
    Basically, you don't have enough of the right kind of guys for Phase 1.
    This is very common because most people who aren't whales need to be selective about who they level, so they will focus on DPS and heals mostly. The guys you need most for Phase 1 are among the following: Ackbar, Rex, Lobot, Ewok Elder, RG, Daka, Jinn, Teebo, etc. Most people don't have them.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That's a pretty solid team. If you want to you can add Teebo of you're not above farming him.
    I use a very similar setup with;
    Teebo, Rey, QGJ, GS, Yoda and I can pull about 460k with some toons escaping.

My advice, kill the pigs. Don't just dispel and stun them. It's better to kill them and focus fire on the leader while trying to reduce his TM. Yoda is great here for his TM gain and spreading dodge.

Speed down is also great from Phasma, RG, fives etc.

My recommendation with your current setup team A would be;
    Phasma
    Rey
    86 (unless you want Lumi here)
    QGJ
    Yoda

I generally escape with some toons here before I actually end up needing to heal them but then again, I am using Teebo who is good on t5

Oh and having a omega on QGJ is what helps me a lot there.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    My advice, kill the pigs. Don't just dispel and stun them. It's better to kill them and focus fire on the leader while trying to reduce his TM. Yoda is great here for his TM gain and spreading dodge.

Also a valid strategy for T5. If the captain gets slowed he can't summon them back quickly.
    In T6 it takes too long IMO unless you have huge DPS.
    If you can omega Jinn's basic attack, do so. It makes him one of the best for the raid in all phases and especially this one.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Also a valid strategy for T5. If the captain gets slowed he can't summon them back quickly.
    In T6 it takes too long IMO unless you have huge DPS.
    If you can omega Jinn's basic attack, do so. It makes him one of the best for the raid in all phases and especially this one.

This is very true, my damage is like 1/3 of what it is on t6 vs t5 :)
  • Options
    for t6, the ideal team is teebo (L), rex, qgj (omega basic), gs/tr/rey, 5's (or someone with speed down)

if you don't have rex, aa is the next best option, followed by ee.

5's is the easiest to use to maintain speed down on the captain with, but you can use other characters. phasma can work here, but isn't as reliable. also, 5's has an assist, so can call one of the other characters that reduce TM on basic.

if you don't have an omega on qgj's basic, move tr to that spot. qgj has a 65% chance of TM removal on basic, TR has a 40% chance (55% chance if you omega'd it).

as @InternetSwag mentioned, burn the adds. you can kill them pretty quickly. and it allows you to focus all TM removal on the captain. when he has speed down, between all of your TM removal, each character can get between 10-15 turns in between each of the captain's turns.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Alita - Thanks. I will try that again, but every time in the past I have tried killing the adds, I've taken so long that the captain was nearly ready to summon them again. If the TM reducers are focusing on the captain that doesn't leave a lot of DPS to take out two pretty beefy guys, so I am wondering what I am missing here. Rey alone can't get the job done.
  • Options
    @Alita if we don't have Rex, admiral ackbar or ewok elder at 6* who are the next best options? I have teebo, QGJ omega, 5s omega, Rey, GS, RG, etc. not sure who the next best is after Rex,aa,ee is. Thanks!
  • Options
    @Qeltar

speed down on the captain is essential. between speed down and teebo, you can keep the captain from taking a turn while you kill the guards, then everything goes back onto the captain. when you're attacking the captain, you pretty just only use basic attacks from people that remove TM, so you have all specials available to burn the adds when they pop up. always kill the add on the right first, since he taunts first.
  • Options
    @BillyBeans

those are your options for removing deathmark, so it's a bit limiting if you don't have one of them. i've never tried phase 1 without a way to remove deathmark, so i don't have any practical advice here. i don't know if an active taunt will make the captain and/or adds attack the taunt instead of deathmark.

deathmark lasts for 5 turns, so if you ran teebo (L), 5's, rey, qgj, rey, gs, you might be able to burn the adds, and get back on the captain fast enough that they just don't get a turn until deathmark falls off.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    For Phase 1 I would run the following

Phasma, QG, Rey, Daka, 86. I run this with GS instead of 86 for 250k and RG instead of Daka but you should be able to do pretty good.

Use Phasmas fullisade first if it doesn't hit all 3 retreat. Focus on the Captain until the brute taunts. Kill the brute, use qui gon/stuns on guard. Leave guard alive and just make sure QG is cooled off when he taunts.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    As @Alita said keep captain TM down but use rest on minions. Also when you have just the captain, if TM reduction is missed try to skip some other attacks on him. Everytime he takes damage his TM goes up. Example if teebo misses TM reduction I will use chirpa heal and RG defense up. Gives a chance for teebo to hit again to remove TM.

If you don't have a character that can remove death mark, a taunter can redirect damage away from deathmarked character. Not as good as removing it but may help last a few more turns.
  • Options
    I have whales in my shard they tear sh... Up
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Alita thanks. I usually try to do the one on the left because the taunt + counter is brutal. I think my guys just don't have enough DPS to get both of them down quickly enough but I will try again tomorrow.

I probably will only have 1 chance to fight phase one tomorrow so I want to use daka if I can just because it's the only phase where she is good! :)

But I will be curious to see if I can get the guards down fast enough to be able to do decent damage on the captain. Maybe with Teebo I can, but I suspect your strategy really relies on rex. He seems really good here.
  • Options
    @Qeltar

between qgj and teebo, you should be able to remove taunt from the left guard if he gets it up. rex is really good in phase 1, but if you have AA, he works quite well too. TG allows for fast burning of adds, since people can get double attacks in on guards.

daka is good for the phase, but slows the team i suggested down.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    It would have been nice if we were given notice of which toons are basically required before the raids began.

It's not like your average player can farm toons they don't have overnight. Some not even in a month to reach viable raid levels. Because of this system you have people skipping phase 1, catching flack about it, or doing phase 1 and getting a tiny bit of damage so they may as well have skipped it in the first place.

I think from now on I'll just select some toons and hit auto and not worry about it. Get what I get.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Alita - Well I've tried that team (sans Rex) about 10 times now. It doesn't work nearly as well for me as it does for you. I think this simply comes down to roster differences:
    - Rex is the key to the team. He is simply far better than Ackbar here because of his TM on basic. I don't have him.
    - Rex synergizes with Fives. Ackbar on this team synergizes with nobody.
    - I can't get Fives' slow to land on the captain. Not once. He has only 20% potency. You may have him at 60% potency at a higher gear level.
    - My Teebo is 6* and moderately geared and dies quickly if focused.
    - If I spend time killing adds, I don't do much damage on the captain, and vice-versa. Again, Rex has a high damage special that works on the adds.
    I do appreciate the team composition suggestion and will try it again when my guys are better. I just wanted to report back so that others in my situation weren't disappointed if they didn't get good results. This is a difficult phase for most people.
    ETA: For me Phasma works better in the last spot. Her potency is 6x what Fives' is, her slow hits all three of them, and Victory March helps get in a bunch more damage.