Arena Squad Help (F2P)

DarthPlaguis
2 posts Member
edited May 2016
Hello! I am F2P and my current squad can be found in the image below. I perform relatively well in GW, but am looking to improve my Arena standing (~27K power, mid 300 ranking). I think I have some decent toons, but need help building a solid PVP team that synergizes well.

vz8tvt.png

My current goal is to get Yoda (just cause), and then I want to really focus all my energy towards building a better PVP. Here's my strategy for each game section:

Cantina
  • Battles - farming GS to 7*, then maybe Kylo Ren?
  • Shipments - QGJ / Ahsoka for Yoda, then IDK

Hard Battles
  • Battles - farming Dooku to 7*. Who should I work for concurrently (FOTP still worth it or nah)?

Arena
  • Shipments - just finished up EK, maybe moving onto IG-88?

GW
  • Shipments - aiming for 7* Phasma, then IDK? Admittedly don't complete this as much as I should because I find it highly tedious

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to maximize my Arena performance / what my best Arena team is now currently / what Arena team I should build to in the near future given the toons I already have. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• Ewlias
    71 posts Member
    Options
    Why isnt rey on your list? :( btw did it take long for gs to be 6*?
  • Options
    In your current state, I'd run for the arena: Dooku or Phasma (L), 86, GS, QGJ, Lumi. Those 2 are the best leaders you have in different ways (you might even want to change them around depending on the team you face). You might want to farm st han or RG (or both) for the team. Having a taunter helps immensely.

Regarding the farms:
    Cantina battles: Kylo ren is pretty underwhelming, especially in defense. I'd go: Barris (for GW, maybe not mandatory but really helpful, especially when it gets harder later on), then Old ben, and once you reach 77, quit whatever you do and go RG. I'd probably farm Chirpa before Ren, because ewoks.

Cantina shipments: QGJ first asap. Then if you want so move to ahsoka. Daka is extremely useful for both DS battles, arena and the AGI challenge. Omega 5s is also a massive toon against unprepared teams.

Hard Battles: RG, rey, ewoks (especially elder). FOTP is pretty underwhelming atm, but I had him almost 6*, so I'm finishing him anyway (And the dark side battle gives the mk 2 bacta gel, which a bunch of toons need in g7, 8 and 9 (yoda, qgj, gs)). Hopefully he will get some extra damage eventually, but not holding my breath on it.

Arena: IG88 is very situational. Outside very specific (droid) teams, it'll be pretty hard to use him well. STHan is better in basically every other situation, and you don't have any taunter. Admiral Ackbar is a pretty solid choice for some teams, and helpful in raids.

GW: For me, Lumi - Phasma - 86 - Poggle are mandatory and in that order. Then I moved to RP who got nerfed. Now I'm redeeming Teebo, who is extremely useful for the tank challenge, and can also give quite a headache in the arena if RNG is on your side. You can also save the shards for the shard shop.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Ewlias - have thought about Rey, but since im F2P I could only farm him from hard battles, similarly to Dooku. I've been working on Dooku for what seems like an eternity (>3 months), so not really interested in spending that much time again on one toon. GS was one of my first toons to get to 5* - I kept him there until recently though because he was performing as well / better than some of the toons I ended up 7* before him.

Suicune - really appreciate the lengthy post. Is it worth getting both RG and STHan? I guess I am just sort of confused on how the toons you mentioned for farms would specifically fall into an arena team for me. Like what would be the dream arena team I could have just by picking up 1 or 2 toons that would put me in lets say top 50 (or better even)?

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I'll tell ya this, don't farm kylo in cantina, he's fun but I got mine 7 star and hardly use him. Phasma is good, RG is great but hard to farm. Your Dooku looks pretty good and has a cantina node you should finish him off first he's a contender for a great leader for you. Alternatively you could change your squad makeup and go for huge dmg output by farming ig-88 in arena to go with your 86 huge dmg together there, combine it with qui gon for offense up on dispel lumi for heals and GS for extra attacks and dmg and you got yourself a pure dmg team that the strategy is to AOE and double tap them into the dust. Just an option. Looking good for ftp so far :)