Fitting in Kylo into my arena team

Vox
4 posts Member
So i finally finished farming Kylo today in cantina shipments. I'm trying to determine whether or not it would be worth bringing him into my rotation now.

I'm 59...Currently i run with all gear level vii's: Sid(Lead) 6*, Luminara 5*, Daka 5*, Luke 5*, Maul 5*

I just figure that Maul already covers my glass canon slot. So the only person i can think of removing to fit in Kylo would be Luke. I used to run 4dps 1 healer team until i got Daka and i kind of like having the option of letting luminara go DPS whenever health isnt an issue.

Synergy wise, there isnt anything Luke or Maul bring other than hitting hard but Maul does hit harder plus he benefits from double damage against jedi and has a strong AoE.

Then theres the obvious question, is kylo even worth bringing in? I just really like the idea of lash out procing retribution + having another healing immunity debuff to throw around. Especially for AI purposes when they keep switching targets doubled with mauls AoE.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    If your in my arena bracket i say leave kylo benched as hes far superior to maul or luke imo.

If you on a dif server then get him geared an inserted asap. Maul an luke are liabilitys an while they help you on offence, they are dead meat when the AI has control. Kylo is kinda tanky for a well balanced attacker with great abilitys. I just love him.

To recap:
    If your on mys erver dont use him
    If your on a dif server then put him in

Hahaha
  • Vox
    4 posts Member
    Options
    I was really confused at the start there haha. Now i getcha.
  • Options
    I wldnt use kylo until u get him leveled up and all in purples at least. only kylos that give me probs are those that are upgraded otherwise he isn't a problem for me and others I would say.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I wldnt use kylo until u get him leveled up and all in purples at least. only kylos that give me probs are those that are upgraded otherwise he isn't a problem for me and others I would say.

Technically that fairly applies to all toons lol. Of course they need geared/lvl'd to max before their true strength is useful lol
  • Options

Yea i agree. Im going to wait until he's about as geared as Luke is before i do the swap. So minimum 5*.

Back to farming!
  • Options
    Kylo is treated like dooku whenever I come across them. I leave them for last because they pose no significant threat. They're more of nuisance characters
  • Options
    Kylo is awesome, plain and simple. AI doesn't use him right to showcase his talents. His AoE is good and gives him 100% counter. If he's attacked, his cooldowns reset. I save his Outrage attack for when he's below 50% health which deals 75% more damage at level 5. He can easily take out a 75% healthy Dooku, Lumi, or Sid with one shot.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo is awesome, plain and simple. AI doesn't use him right to showcase his talents. His AoE is good and gives him 100% counter. If he's attacked, his cooldowns reset. I save his Outrage attack for when he's below 50% health which deals 75% more damage at level 5. He can easily take out a 75% healthy Dooku, Lumi, or Sid with one shot.

Interesting. Thank you for that info. I have him almost 6* and maxed gear for 60 and have toyed with him but have left him benched till 7*. Good to know he can crank out a 75% HP hit.
  • Options
    Hey @WhipiT, @Vox , and other folks --

Hope everyone had a happy and healthy New Year. If i may, I'd just like to chime in as a big advocate for Kylo. My current pool of toons is:

- Kylo, 7*, Max Gear
    - Sid, 7*, Max Gear
    - QGJ, 7*, Max Gear
    - Leia, 7* Max Gear
    - Sid, 7*, Max Gear
    - Boba, 7*, Max Gear
    - JC, 7*, Max Gear
    - Kit Fisto 7*, Max Gear
    - FOTP, 6*, Level 6 Gear
    - Lumi, 6*, Max Gear
    - Poe, 6*, Level 6 Gear
    - Vader, 4*, Max Gear

And, by no means, do I have an unbeatable team as we've all seen that it's the synergy and unique combos that make all the difference. But, after toying around with a number of lineup variations, I've found it tough to replicate Kylo's versatility. If the need calls, Kylo fits well in to a heavy AOE lineup alongside (Sid, Boba, Kit/Vader, etc.) With the added bonus of a guaranteed counter attack for 2 turns.
    Or, in the event that I need heavy DPS lineup, his relative sturdiness and acceptable speed, combined with his Outrage attack (which as @trillizo_y_uno rightly said can crit up to around 9K) makes him a valuable asset still. Combine all this with the fact that his unique ability allows for a 39% chance for his cooldowns to reset when attacked in any way, again, makes him rather handy.

Again, I am by no means the expert as I fight just like we all do to keep my desired spot in the Arena (cursed AI), but thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Happy gaming and Happy New Year everyone!

• WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Bennet wrote: »
    Hey @WhipiT, @Vox , and other folks --

Hope everyone had a happy and healthy New Year. If i may, I'd just like to chime in as a big advocate for Kylo. My current pool of toons is:

- Kylo, 7*, Max Gear
    - Sid, 7*, Max Gear
    - QGJ, 7*, Max Gear
    - Leia, 7* Max Gear
    - Sid, 7*, Max Gear
    - Boba, 7*, Max Gear
    - JC, 7*, Max Gear
    - Kit Fisto 7*, Max Gear
    - FOTP, 6*, Level 6 Gear
    - Lumi, 6*, Max Gear
    - Poe, 6*, Level 6 Gear
    - Vader, 4*, Max Gear

And, by no means, do I have an unbeatable team as we've all seen that it's the synergy and unique combos that make all the difference. But, after toying around with a number of lineup variations, I've found it tough to replicate Kylo's versatility. If the need calls, Kylo fits well in to a heavy AOE lineup alongside (Sid, Boba, Kit/Vader, etc.) With the added bonus of a guaranteed counter attack for 2 turns.
    Or, in the event that I need heavy DPS lineup, his relative sturdiness and acceptable speed, combined with his Outrage attack (which as @trillizo_y_uno rightly said can crit up to around 9K) makes him a valuable asset still. Combine all this with the fact that his unique ability allows for a 39% chance for his cooldowns to reset when attacked in any way, again, makes him rather handy.

Again, I am by no means the expert as I fight just like we all do to keep my desired spot in the Arena (cursed AI), but thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Happy gaming and Happy New Year everyone!

Happy new year to you as well! Thanks for the information about Kylo. Thats an impressive roster. Kit is one of my favorite characters and often overlooked. I'm in the middle of building a Old poogle first order group and it will take a while with CG raising the level cap that will divert my attention to leveling and gearing my main roster. But one day! Lol.
  • Options
    A good team I've seen is;
    Kylo
    Leia
    Finn
    Dooku
    Rey (or someone else like a healer).

That team looks good because all $, but there is a bit of strategy there, at least for me cuz they are hard to beat. haha

Kylo gets Retribution. You don't want to hit him.
    Dooku is Dooku. You don't want to hit him.
    Leia powers everyone up and goes stealth. You can't hit her.
    Finn Defenses up so hitting him doesn't do much. (he doesn't taunt, so u have to choose who to hit).
    Rey or anyone else just mucks up your strategy and either hits or heals.

Kylo can be a pain if you put him in the right squad.
  • Vox
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice!

I actually ended up maxing out Kylo now gear wise. So im just farming him to get him to 5*. Im trying to maneuver my way into the top 5 in my arena bracket at the moment and he seemed to be a nice alternative to Luke so far. Hopefully the UI plays him well...