Best Starter Bundle?

SkiaXai
6 posts Member
edited May 2016
So I started playing this game a few days ago and I was really surprised by how I like it. I'm currently lvl 34 and was wondering what would be the best starter pack(s) to get?

The Jedi starter bundle seems cool. With the Yoda event coming up, Gives 4 star Windu, 2 star Jedi Knight (but with the 25 shards it also gives for her, it would be 3 stars), also gives a lot of shards to Jedi consular I believe upgrading 2 stars on it making it 4. Then just the average gold and training droids.

Heroine starter bundle gives 4 star Bariss, 3 star Ventress (which with the shards I have could make her 4 soon as well), 2 star Tano which could become 3 stars with the shards, and Night sister Initiate which I could also make 3 stars.

Then we have the Rancor Raid strategy Bundle, gives 4 stars Ackbar, 3 stars Luminaria, and Royal guard shards that would also increase a star or two on the current one I have. This also gives 1.8k crystals I could use towards the various energy-draining activities.

Then we have the last one, Force Awakens Ultimate Bundle. It gives two four star Heroes (Kylo and Finn) 50 shards to get Phasma and 50 shards for Poe which I believe they may start 2 or three stars I'm not sure. Gives also 5,750 crystals as well. I'll be having around $130 to spend this weekend and just in time before these bundles expire. I could get the force awakens one and then spend the rest on crystals for certain items or get Rancor Raid and Jedi Starter which could also save me money for more crystals or also get the assassin bundle as well which gives a 4 star HK but I heard without a full droid party, he may not be that great.

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Darkside starter pack and droid bundle. The rest are a waste of money.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    I wish I could still get the darkside start pack, but that expired a few days ago.

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

I think the pack I hear most people say "I wish I would have bought..." would be the droid pack. :)
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

I think the pack I hear most people say "I wish I would have bought..." would be the droid pack. :)
    Count Dooku pack/deal was the best.

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

Yeah.. but they replaced him with Greedo, because Greedo. :/

• Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Honestly, starting out, you shouldn't be targeting Yoda. Having only Jedi, which are actually pretty weak, will limit you in arena and gw and raids.

I bought the droid pack and dark side pack ( I got veers, but for 5 bucks it was worth the gamble)

I don't use droids much, but don't regret the pack.

I'd dump the rest of the money you want to spend into crystals for refreshes and buy every mark v furnace you see in shipments.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums!

Save your money.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    SkiaXai wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    I wish I could still get the darkside start pack, but that expired a few days ago.

What @Telaan said.
    If you've missed it keep your money for crystals and use them for refreshing your energy.

• Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    Options
    Bak_Sherpa wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums!

Save your money.
    Bad Sherpa!
    Misery needs company.
  • Options
    If you're completely sold on Yoda, the Jedi and Heroine packs will get you in the door and earning shards. I'm under the impression that you need five Jedi at five stars to be ble to unlock him, and that would take lots of money to accomplish in the next few days.

I did the droid and heroine packs when starting out. Both have been useful, especially Barriss for the Galactic War you'll unlock in a day or three.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments! Researching more, it seems the best option for me is to use it for energy/mats.

• Options
    Energy is by far the most efficient purchase you can make over time. There is something to be said for buying a pack or something similar early to help you earn more crystals in the arena. At level 60 and with maybe $25 spent on crystals since my early purchases, I still place in single digits most days, which gives me the next day's crystal budget.
  • _Wong64
    233 posts Member
    Options
    If you never ever spend again get every starter bundle you can they wont ever come again
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I wish I would have bought most of them. I got the dark side starter because I didn't know any better and I WISH I would have gotten the Droid one. I don't remember how much the heroine bundle was, but I wish I would have gotten that. Would have made my early GW stages a lot easier.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    So I started playing this game a few days ago and I was really surprised by how I like it. I'm currently lvl 34 and was wondering what would be the best starter pack(s) to get?

The Jedi starter bundle seems cool. With the Yoda event coming up, Gives 4 star Windu, 2 star Jedi Knight (but with the 25 shards it also gives for her, it would be 3 stars), also gives a lot of shards to Jedi consular I believe upgrading 2 stars on it making it 4. Then just the average gold and training droids.

Heroine starter bundle gives 4 star Bariss, 3 star Ventress (which with the shards I have could make her 4 soon as well), 2 star Tano which could become 3 stars with the shards, and Night sister Initiate which I could also make 3 stars.

Then we have the Rancor Raid strategy Bundle, gives 4 stars Ackbar, 3 stars Luminaria, and Royal guard shards that would also increase a star or two on the current one I have. This also gives 1.8k crystals I could use towards the various energy-draining activities.

Then we have the last one, Force Awakens Ultimate Bundle. It gives two four star Heroes (Kylo and Finn) 50 shards to get Phasma and 50 shards for Poe which I believe they may start 2 or three stars I'm not sure. Gives also 5,750 crystals as well. I'll be having around $130 to spend this weekend and just in time before these bundles expire. I could get the force awakens one and then spend the rest on crystals for certain items or get Rancor Raid and Jedi Starter which could also save me money for more crystals or also get the assassin bundle as well which gives a 4 star HK but I heard without a full droid party, he may not be that great.

You poor guy. Turn around, right now, and run.
  • Hovahdo
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Heroine bundle is a nice starter. Will give you Barriss, which will help you clear GW much more easily. Secondly, droid bundle should help you be competitive in arena (paired with a tank or Lumi and Poggle from GW) - enabling more arena and crystal currency.
  • Options
    ^ My votes for the Barriss bundle.
  • Options

You poor guy. Turn around, right now, and run.
    What was that for?

• Kilton
    49 posts Member
    Options
    If you want a good jump on the game buy the Barriss and Droid pack. The Barriss pack will help you in global warfare when that opens for you. That will be your biggest income of credits. The droid pack will help you in arena. If you spend up front and are able to climb to the top in arena you can stay there and reap those benefits in crystals. Otherwise it's a long grind, but that is the whole object of the game.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Bak_Sherpa wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums!

Save your money.

LOL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Heroine and/or Droid packs are awesome Bariss is amazing for GW and droids are awesome damage.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Idk about barris. You can easily farm 2 healers right away droids are a good option barris you will not be able to improve for some time.
  • Options
    I bought her. Even at four stars she's my best healer by a mile and helps with GW more than another other toon. Get her.

I'm only lvl 60 FWIW, but so far she is well worth the money spent if you're planning on playing for a while.
  • Captain_Reynolds
    410 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nate_Puppy wrote: »
    I bought her. Even at four stars she's my best healer by a mile and helps with GW more than another other toon. Get her.

I'm only lvl 60 FWIW, but so far she is well worth the money spent if you're planning on playing for a while.

^

I just 7* her during the double drops.
    She is my Khaleesi of the Galactic War.

Her leadership bonus, heal on basic and equalizer through healing immunity is beautiful to have.

I can't imagine how good she was pre-nerf back at the start of the game. I heard she was even better.
  • Options
    Ftp. Don't spend real money on this game. You WILL regret it. Take it from a former whale
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

Yeah.. but they replaced him with Greedo, because Greedo. :/

Lmfaoooooo
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Droid and dark side
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber