Is there a way to beat rey/leia/rg?

godgiven45
1093 posts Member
How do you beat rey/leia/rg without rey/leia/rg?
Or do you have to have them or at least 2 of the 3?
Rey and rg are on every squad so I'm pretty sure I answered my own question. Just in case is there a way to win without them?
I don't want to be like everyone else

Replies

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If rey is the same gear as you are, you just take her down to 50-75% health, then take her out with a big assist attack.

If rey is higher level than you, you can try the same thing, but it will be lower probability. So bring out your stunners, Daka and RG.

Take RG down, first, and keep Rey stunned, in the meantime. Then after RG is out of the picture, take out Rey. Your team will need to weather the DPS/stuns/blocks from the other 3 toons, in the interim. So pretty much, your team has to be about the same strength or better. The key here is that as long as you don't damage her too much, you won't trigger RG. So you can keep on targeting her with stuns and/or debuffs while you at least make progress on RG. If you leave Rey alone for 1-2 RG turn taunt, she will probably ohko one of your toons and end your chances just like that.

I dunno what happens when Leia perma-stealths. But non omega leia is not as bad as Rey, IMO. She doesn't seem to get her 3 attacks as often as Rey. So there's some RNG hope that she doesn't dust your toons with one hit. The hardest part is to remember to kill her when she pops out of stealth, because by then I sometimes forget about the snake in the grass and forget I need to kill her, lol.

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I faced a Rey/RG team. Not a leia/Rey/RG team. I used to watch my attacks and don't do any attacks that might get a toon under 50%. Now...i do as much dmg on Rey as i can and then i dispel RG and finish Rey. Againt Leia...i guess you need RNG on your side so she doesn't 3 hit everything.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    It's even worse if it's rey, han, and rg
  • Options
    Ackbar lead, Leia, Sun Fac, Rex, Wedge
    :) just kidding

You don't really need them on offense to beat that team, but they are about the best threesome for defense. Who are your best toons now to build a counter team around?

Generally, you need to only allow Rey one hit, soak a lot of damage from Leia into a taunter, and probably dispel RG's taunt once or twice. If your team isn't well suited for them, you also might need to be a higher gear level than them and have some omega abilities to compete.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Please consider donating to my mk 5 furnace fund:

1. Dps the crap out of Rey, intentionally triggering RG taunt. Hopefully landing a stun or debuff on her in the process.
    2. Han taunts.
    3. ignore Han and hit RG. Thanks, RG.
    4. When QGJ turn, debuff Han
    5. RG's taunt is over about the same time or soon after.
    6. Kill Rey.
    7. Ignore Han, because his taunt cooldown is like 5 or 6 turns. Han is done.

This guy is probably farming Ben. RG plus Han is just a stop gap gimmick in the interim. Ben L, ST Han, and Rey. Now there's a problem.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    Ackbar lead, Leia, Sun Fac, Rex, Wedge
    :) just kidding

You don't really need them on offense to beat that team, but they are about the best threesome for defense. Who are your best toons now to build a counter team around?

Generally, you need to only allow Rey one hit, soak a lot of damage from Leia into a taunter, and probably dispel RG's taunt once or twice. If your team isn't well suited for them, you also might need to be a higher gear level than them and have some omega abilities to compete.

I've got everyone geared and lvl'd up I just never worked on qgj because everyone had him. I used to be able to get #1 at my payout everyday but now I can only get top 10 and sometimes top 5. I've done a bunch of raids and I'm still not close to crafting shhht. I just keep getting further and further behind.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    godgiven45 wrote: »

So far all the Han/RG teams i've beaten first try! I don't think it's a good strategy, at least not anymore, to use two tanks. Either use Han or RG. Once i get my Han to gear 9, i think RG will be history lol!
  • Options
    Boba Fett (L), Phasma, Lando, Rg, ST Han
  • Options
    I completely agree with LastJedi. Very good strategy. I will sometimes try to land a stun of leia with old daka before she goes into stealth mode if i can.
  • Options
    I find I have a relatively easy time with these types of teams (but I do avoid Leia teams) with a stun/assist team: Phamsa (L), RG, GS, QGJ, Daka.
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    The unbeatable team is ackbar lead w leia, Rey, RG and 5s. Both leia and rey sit back and melt your face as you kill maybe Rey and ackbar before your team is wiped
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Ace5 wrote: »
    The unbeatable team is ackbar lead w leia, Rey, RG and 5s. Both leia and rey sit back and melt your face as you kill maybe Rey and ackbar before your team is wiped

That team is easily beatable by a tanky team. Attackers are not meta.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Rey surpriced me by oneshotting my gear IX Dooku. She can also remove gear VIII RG full protection and health to 50% with one blow. Leia can also do some serious damage with here hk47 rapid fire pistol cannon with homing armor piercing hollow rounds.

But anyways, I just try to get them low enough and use GS or QGJ double attack to finish them off before enemy RG taunts. If Dooku or Old ben is leader you kinda need a miracle, good luck ;)
  • Lcb12321
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Ben
    St. Han
    Leia
    Rey
    RG
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how the hell you fight against a Gear X Rey? Seriously, she kill everyone before you can do anything.

Phasma(L), GS, QGJ, IG-86 and Rey. Off course she was the assist of everyone and I could barely see what happened to me, and my poor team dying one by one. :'(
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how the hell you fight against a Gear X Rey? Seriously, she kill everyone before you can do anything.

Phasma(L), GS, QGJ, IG-86 and Rey. Off course she was the assist of everyone and I could barely see what happened to me, and my poor team dying one by one. :'(

No tank, that means Rey is unprotected go for her first, stun her and kill her. Use RG/Daka/Dooku. If IG-86 is gear 11, he is next, then finish the rest leaving Phasma for last. Otherwise keep IG-86 stunned while you kill QGJ.
  • Options
    A semi rebel team works fine, I use AA(L), ST Han, HRS, Rey and qgj sometimes for fun and I beat every team easily, I don't think the AI can handle it though so I usually leave a RG plus ST Han team on defense... Rey is not necessary in that team, a good substitute could be another high dps or Phasma. It's a lot harder with RG teams without QGJ though so I would recommend him :smile:
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

No tank, that means Rey is unprotected go for her first, stun her and kill her. Use RG/Daka/Dooku. If IG-86 is gear 11, he is next, then finish the rest leaving Phasma for last. Otherwise keep IG-86 stunned while you kill QGJ.

I have Dooku and RG. I also have a maxed 88. Thanks for the tips Ill try again if I refresh arena again.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options

I have Dooku and RG. I also have a maxed 88. Thanks for the tips Ill try again if I refresh arena again.

My mistake. The team had Han insted of IG. The problem is that Rey is the fastest toon and you can't stun her for long enough. I tried with 88, 86, QGJ, Dookan and RG. Couldn't kill a single one. Rey goes first OHK QGJ and get foresight, so you only can stun her one round before Han taunt. I am going to record a video. Unless you get a G10 rey I see no way to win this ....
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

My mistake. The team had Han insted of IG. The problem is that Rey is the fastest toon and you can't stun her for long enough. I tried with 88, 86, QGJ, Dookan and RG. Couldn't kill a single one. Rey goes first OHK QGJ and get foresight, so you only can stun her one round before Han taunt. I am going to record a video. Unless you get a G10 rey I see no way to win this ....

If she one hits QGJ then the problem is your gear. You probably have gear 8 on your toons. You can't really fight gear 10s with gear 8s, you will lose.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options

If she one hits QGJ then the problem is your gear. You probably have gear 8 on your toons. You can't really fight gear 10s with gear 8s, you will lose.

Here my latest try:

https://youtu.be/BhZrem_vSlo

They are G9, and 88 is G10. Still, can't beat that team. :-/ perhaps another comp works but I tried so many. In the video I got the best results so far. On other fights Rey killed everyone.

Full roster if you have any other tips http://swgoh.gg/u/ronoaldo

Thanks for the help. I'll keep trying.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options

Here my latest try:

https://youtu.be/BhZrem_vSlo

They are G9, and 88 is G10. Still, can't beat that team. :-/ perhaps another comp works but I tried so many. In the video I got the best results so far. On other fights Rey killed everyone.

Full roster if you have any other tips http://swgoh.gg/u/ronoaldo

Thanks for the help. I'll keep trying.

Thanks you are right about the gear! Mine is too weak.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Ronoaldo Yes you can try Phasma lead, IG-86, IG-88, RG, Yoda or Dooku lead Phasma IG-86 IG-88 RG. You should be able to beat that team even without dispeler. Lol you killed Rey before she acted in your video. The problem in your strategy is that you should have kept Han stunned and do lightning with Dooku on Rey, then kill Rey and keep Han stunned.

IG-88 lead is interesting especially if you have Omega on his lead, he is a Rey killer, but i would make a team more like IG-88 lead Phasma IG-86 RG Yoda. But then again i am not a big fan of Dooku so... :) Also, your QGJ is gear 8 which makes him pretty weak.

I think you have all the toons to win that fight prety consistently, you need to work on strategy a bit.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Un0tPq6.jpg
    You can beat anything with this team
  • Drlolum
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Try Anakin Yoda QGJ. The idea is attack rey or Leia with Anakin in order to debuff her so she cannot use stealth or evasion. Then wait till she is near yellow to the double attack of QGJ. If you crit too uch and RG taunt you before you kill her, you can dispell with QGJ or use the double AOE of Yoda and ANakin to kill her. I usually use QGJ as leader. So Yoda is first strike. I use on him the third ability so you remove TM on Rey or Leia. Then Double of QGJ (a lot of times Anakin attack her in the assit with a 75% extra damage ;). ALso you can try to Debuuf RG with ANakin so he cannot taunt.
    May the Chromiun packs be with you
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You would of won that last fight if you stunned STHAN with RG. Whilst going after Ray. He is the game changer once that taunt goes off. And don't put any buffs up until you see Qgj use his dispel or you have him stunned with dooku or ability blocked with 88. Kill order should be Ray > qgj > GS > STHAN > Phasma. Fight should start stun qgj with dooku, stun STHAN with RG. Whilst working on the order. Save your humbling blow for GS's offence up or phasmas advantage on someone.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Lessons learned! I'll try again tomorrow!