Abandoned raids in progress. Bug glitch, or wreck less abandonment?

Cord
29 posts Member
edited May 2016
Whether a raid was abandoned by leaders or officers could pose a threat to performance issues of the game. When leaders or officers choose to restart a battle and begin once again whether it's a glitch or bad placement of abandonment button. An oversight by player is possible to abandon the raid all together. While this may seem harmless by EA standards and practices but maybe a complete oversight to go unnoticed. This very thing hasn't gone unnoticed by me but has given insight how this can be exploited by any guild. My point is this. If a guild can abandon any raid at any level and continue to come back by launching the next raid into the one just abandoned, therefore being allowed to continue the same raid at the same point but now with a fresh roster of characters and reset fresh battles, this makes a weaker guild of players possible to being able to complete higher raids than normal. Such as a Tier 7. Question is this, is that fair or does it offer unfair advantage? I call it An EA issue in performance either whether it's a bug or player error habit in restating a battle in which both issues need to be addressed. In which case I propose that both be addressed. Please fix both, if it is a bug glitch and or relocate abandonment button to different location. This location should be less intrusive as less likely by player error. One bad double click and quick response of screen switch and the raid becomes lost to all members of the guild. The idea of relaunch shouldnt cost any guild currency either if done in error. Paid for it once why is there a point to pay twice as if to start at the same point it was left unless it was intended to an advantage. This maybe an oversight or not please take the time to address. Also please consider a refund 55k guild currency refund as to offset the forming lynch mob.

game on

Cord

Post edited by Cord on

Replies

• Vastion_Cread
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Bump

More specifically, our guild "****'s Array" has had this issue within the last 24 hours. As the abandonment was not intentional we would like to find out what avenues are available to the guild for restarting the T6 raid and or refunding the 55K that was spent to start it. This issue will have set us back on reward projections and on the raid leader board (a blow to pride if nothing else). Please get back to us with any possible resolutions.

Thank you.
    Post edited by Vastion_Cread on
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    I endorse this message: Vote Emperor Palpatine 2016!
  • Mugren
    14 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Babump
  • Options
    Bump
  • ldkronos
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but it sounds like you think you can abandon it, then pay to restart it, and keep your progress while resetting your characters. Is that what you think? I'm fairly certain that when you abandon it, the next time it starts over completely from the beginning. So there's no exploit there for people to use it strategically. It's only strategic value is "oops, we thought we could handle a tier 6 but we can't...we should have picked tier 3...lets just abandon and kiss those 55k coins goodbye instead of spending the next 90 days finishing the mess we got ourselves into".

But as for the terrible placement of that button, yeah...it needs to be fixed. But there's no exploit opportunity that I'm aware of"
  • Cord
    29 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    While I'm almost certain certain the abandoned button was a glitch, the idea of exploit seemed plausible. The screen shot showed last health position of rancor and raid scores in the right. The Raid screen seemed to look as though it was possible. Although we didn't have enough currency to launch and find out if the same raid could continue on, but made it perceive to be plausible. As of today we started back into another t6 raid but has started from the beginning and not where the abandoned raid had ended. Hope that will help clarify any idea of exploit now.
  • JGLion
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • DDT
    6 posts Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    Bump
  • ldkronos
    63 posts Member
    Options
    It's just showing you where your progress ended on your last raid. You might think theres no need to show a progress bar, but think about the heroic raid. If you run out of time, wouldn't you like to be able to see after it is over just how far you got? If it didn't show the progress bar, you'd have no idea unless you were there when time ran out.