Weird: Guild member has no level, shows error on different languages, is/isn't in the guild.

Brazilian_Joe
367 posts Member
edited May 2016
I have a "Mol Eliza" in our guild.

I has NO player level. The place for player level just shows up empty in teh Rancor Raid leaderboard, the guy did 114k-something damage.

But it's stranger than that.

In the app translated for Brazilian Portuguese, instead of just being empty (like the English i18n) , it shows <Undefined in HAL> in place of the player level (with the <> signs).

But wait, it gets even weirder.

THERE IS NO MOL ELIZA IN OUR GUILD MEMBERS LIST.

But the guy lists some damage done to the Rancor Raid, so what gives?

My theories:

1. There was someone who forgot to change the name past the tutorial stage, but changed it afterwards. The UI then is fetching the "birth name" in the database, but then does not find the player since it has a new name, and the UI barfs up.

2. There was a Mol Eliza at the early days of our guild. It was not really participating, we quickly excluded the player. MAYBE there is some borked code in the Raid/guilds, and Mol Eliza thinks and sees as if it's still participating in our guild/raid, and may even have all guild/raid benefits, but *we the guild* do not see Mol Eliza and have another player on his seat, since all our seats are taken and there is no Mol Eliza there.

3. The game may have wonky business in the Raid backend, mishandling damage score to the wrong characters. In that business it ends up attributing damage from someone from the guild to an actual bot created to populate the servers, ergo the "no level + not a real member" shenanigans inside the guild.

GUILD: 212th attack batallion

WrObDzc.jpg
Post edited by Brazilian_Joe on

Replies

• Options
    Added a third theory to the list.
  • Options
    The weird thing about Mol Eliza is that they have had multiple listings in the PvP Arena, with different squads and rankings. I always thought they may just be a testing account for the developers or something, but I have no idea.