Is worth to have a droid team?

BLazteR
26 posts Member
IG-88+IG-86+POOGLE+POE+HK47 still rocks? or maybe i have to change one or two toons?

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Protection definitely helped them survive more than one attack. Also if you're making a droid team I suggest farming Jawa Engineer because he's going to be a game changer for droids. Something like HK 47 lead, IG 86, IG 88, JE, Poe/RG
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    BLazteR wrote: »
    IG-88+IG-86+POOGLE+POE+HK47 still rocks? or maybe i have to change one or two toons?

I wouldn't use Poggle if you aren't using Geo Soldier.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    With je i think u better with 4 droids. Or rg. Poe is going to be out of sync.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    HK L, 88, 86, JE, +

.... ST Han?
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    Droids melt like butter nowadays
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Is it worth it? Yea.
    To have an extra GW and raid team
  • pepper10
    88 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I run droids on a december shard and usually finish top 10 so they work fine. I run 47(l)-86-88-stHan- varies(gs, daka or rg). I am working on JE but it will be a long grind.
    Droids are better now with protection but if i am being honest, they fall behind a few other teams. If you dont have Han but have Poe than you should stick to the poggle(l)-gs-88-86-poe team. More synergy.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    I am working on JE but it will be a long grind.
    Maybe not as long as you think. Guy on my server is running JE at 4 stars. I don't know how bad the gearing is, but this team is solid.
  • Options
    I've been toying with a weak 4* JE on GW (HK lead, 88, 86, Phasma, JE). I think it has a LOT of potential, once starred/leveled/geared up. JE always moves first, I believe, and Recalibrate means all your droids *also* move first. That's 3 crit-up hits right off the bat, including 2 AOEs. With HK lead, ensures that 88 and HK get a *second* round right there (esp. if HK lead ability is Omega'd). It then leaves opponent with dilemma of who to target first: if go after JE, gives extra time for 86/88 to whittle down opponent. If go after 86/88, JE will just revive em for at least another attack. Same effect either way, 86/88 get another go.

I think Phasma is a very viable 5th. She would after the other 4 (and some opponent toons) avoiding crit up redundancy (except JE, but I don't think his basic is affected by crit up anyway), and then gives them all *another* crit-up go, unless she has been stunned by Daka or the like. Should be able to take out 1-2 of their toons *and* massively debuff them, before they can even get a single move, which is a huge early advantage.

Could run Magnaguard as 5th instead. Reviews of him are mixed/weak, but if he goes before enemy toons due to Recalibrate, his TM reduction can ensure 86/88 get *another* round in before most of the enemy toons get a go.

Main downside of JE is long CD on both specials, and very weak Grenade basic (which can be resisted easily due to low potency, bah)...though, it'd be useful to avoid counters from Dooku.

Obvious counter, though, will be Old Ben or Yoda lead - HK and 88 AOE dodges/resists will generate enemy TM, giving opponents early retaliate while denying HK/88 TM, possibly moving before their second go. Less worried about Dooku lead...Offense Up only useful once they actually get to go, which will be a while with this crew.

Another counter would be Ima-Gun Di lead w Jedi squad. That's a much rarer crew, due to less general utility. But maybe it'll pick up popularity now that IGD is easier to farm via Raids and there's more 7* Yodas to round out the squad.

Another downside is likely sub-optimal AI on defense; won't necessarily use Recalibrate - AOEs - Victory March combo. Swapping in RG/ST Han on defense may be needed.

I'll probably try the above out in the arena once JE's 5*, fully levelled and g9 (which doesn't require unfarmables, I believe). Not sure he needs many stars, or even gear, just maxed abilities; enemy's main hitters should be mostly broken by the time they have a chance to eliminate him.