Raid damage question...

strafeSS
201 posts Member
edited May 2016
@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

Could you please explain how damage works in raids? The real question my guild has is what happens when multiple members of a guild attack at the same time? If we start at exactly the same time the starting health % will be the same. So now 2 guys are attacking and one is putting in a lot more damage much faster. If another starts to raid is its the lowest health of the rancor across all members currently attacking that the new attacker will see when he starts? I athen assume. I think what happens is that the guild sees the lowest health of the rancor across all members that are currently attacking. If that is the case, then how is damage for rewards figured? Is there a team damage and an individual damage that can double dip? Is the sum of all attacks damage supposed to equal the total health of the rancor?

I know I may not be asking this as clearly as possible, but maybe someone can answer more clearly. :-)

Much appreciated! BTW, we love the raids.

Replies

• StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I would assume the third guy would see the same % as the first two, because I don't think the damage is committed until they actually finish, since they can retreat.

Also, each member is awarded total team (as in their own team of 5 toons) damage for that attempt. I believe the game decides when the Rancor is dead based on a sum of all committed damage from all guild members.
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    Options
    That would make sense. So now we have two guys (or girls) attacking and one does more damage. The other guy's damage doesn't count towards the health of the rancor, but is used for his individual damage total for rewards purposes? Or is it just tacked on to the first Guy's damage after he finishes? If that is the case, could that damage carry out into the next stage without actually having fought yet in the next stage?
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure, but I would assume it would allow the raid to carry into the next stage without someone actually finishing the Rancor. Would be interesting to get an answer to that, though.
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    We see some variance in overall health of the rancor by summing up total damage dealt by all raids, so I think they allow some carryover at the end so that someone that kills the rancor, but not as fast as someone else, still gets their damage counted. This would be fair solution as there are finite rewards and the damage dealt just determines how they are distributed.