Why is General Veers' leader ability just a fragment of Vader's leader ability?

Prev1
Aero
2972 posts Member
T9OU5Uy.png
pIO0PjI.png

Replies

• Options
    That seems like a mistake, why would same faction have 2 heroes with almost the same skill yet another is better. There are also others like this ofc( ahsoka vs ben vs lumi).
    Only bad design i guess?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Because Veers is a general and Vader is a sith lord, Sith lords have much better control of turn meters apparently...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    That seems like a mistake, why would same faction have 2 heroes with almost the same skill yet another is better. There are also others like this ofc( ahsoka vs ben vs lumi).
    Only bad design i guess?

At least Luminara's is different in that it's evasion and health. Old Ben and Ahsoka are interesting because Old Ben's is the same but more and applies to everyone vs just jedi and nightsisters.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Maybe people don't want Vader as a leader because they want different abilities in place of Vader's? I dont have Veers, so maybe Veers is faster or has different synergies.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    Never noticed this before. But that looks like a major mistake. Hopefully the fix it soon!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Because Veers is a general and Vader is a sith lord, Sith lords have much better control of turn meters apparently...

Vader was also General Skywalker, so I guess generals give offense and sith lords take away turn meter and Vader is both :D
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »

Vader was also General Skywalker, so I guess generals give offense and sith lords take away turn meter and Vader is both :D

But... Tarkin is a general and he gives speed. ***Mind Blown***
  • Options
    Because a 7* Veers is attainable for majority of player base, whereas a 7* Vader is for the elite? I mean, I've rented a 5* Vader before on my Empire team, and it was a beautiful thing, but I'd use a 7* veers if given the opportunity.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Because a 7* Veers is attainable for majority of player base, whereas a 7* Vader is for the elite? I mean, I've rented a 5* Vader before on my Empire team, and it was a beautiful thing, but I'd use a 7* veers if given the opportunity.

That's no way to balance though. You balance for end game. This isn't even a balancing issue either, it's a redundancy issue.
  • Options

Tarkin is grand Moff, not a general.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    And Vader could crush him with his fingers.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Because lazy design.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    TheJanitor wrote: »

Dang, that's right!! Moffs make people work faster apparently.
  • Options
    I don't really know how to put this, but if you've seen the movies you would know that Vader is superior to Veers in almost every comparable category. Vader is one of the most iconic characters in the Star Wars universe. He's the face of the Galactic Empire. If all of that equates to him and Veers having an identical leadership ability then the developers would have made a huge mistake. Also Vader is the only character that can't be obtained with money. All that being said, I believe Vader deserves something special. In this case, a higher than average leadership ability.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I don't really know how to put this, but if you've seen the movies you would know that Vader is superior to Veers in almost every comparable category. Vader is one of the most iconic characters in the Star Wars universe. He's the face of the Galactic Empire. If all of that equates to him and Veers having an identical leadership ability then the developers would have made a huge mistake. Also Vader is the only character that can't be obtained with money. All that being said, I believe Vader deserves something special. In this case, a higher than average leadership ability.

I'm not arguing against Vader's leader ability, just that Veers is overly redundant.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Because Veers is a joke.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    Because Veers is a joke.

That's no excuse for a redundant leader ability
  • Options
    I have no idea.@EAJesse?
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Because Veers is a joke.

That's the joke
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    I think they are missing two categories for leader abilities. Potency and accuracy. We need toons that can give us increased potency and accuracy for some battles.
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Because Veers is a joke.

That's the joke

/r/thatsthejoke

Yes that's a real subreddit
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Cm3Po wrote: »
    I think they are missing two categories for leader abilities. Potency and accuracy. We need toons that can give us increased potency and accuracy for some battles.

+1

Magma is useless without a potency boost. I'm going to end up farming 100 cuffs just to see what it is at gear ix. Tarkin isn't much better on potency, but he makes up for it with basic attack ability
  • Options
    Only bad design i guess?

Vader should have more ability, not only because he outranks Veers, but in "real life" he could level Veers into Minock food with any one of a couple of his moves.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Veers should have a different ability.
    Just change it to defense and it's golden
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Veers the character is all about offense, I'd hate to see Veers the toon take the opposite course.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    ZarLatho wrote: »
    Veers the character is all about offense, I'd hate to see Veers the toon take the opposite course.

Give him a crit leader ability than. Increased crit chance/damage. Maybe turn meter on crits.
  • Options

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

My Vader is 5*, Gear 9, and can hit people with his culling blade for anywhere from 10k to 20k.

Sometimes it's like 7k, but that's when he is not lead and doesn't Crit or there is only 1 or 2 dots on the enemy.
  • Options

+1

Magma is useless without a potency boost. I'm going to end up farming 100 cuffs just to see what it is at gear ix. Tarkin isn't much better on potency, but he makes up for it with basic attack ability

Totally agree! I farmed MT up to 7* only to have the game change so that tm manipulation can be resisted. His special is useless now and his main attack is only good for activating counters and Savage's offense up.
  • Options
    TheJanitor wrote: »

Dang, that's right!! Moffs make people work faster apparently.

Moff Jerjerrod DID insist that he was going to double his workers efforts.
  • Options

+1

Totally agree! I farmed MT up to 7* only to have the game change so that tm manipulation can be resisted. His special is useless now and his main attack is only good for activating counters and Savage's offense up.

I got him to 7* after the change, knowing full well of his dismal performance. I did it with the expectation they will fix him, or he'll work well with Empire synergy. He does. Especially with a Vader lead.

His unique ability is pretty good though and has excellent resistance and tm gain because of it.