Dooku at gear 9

MoodyMan
30 posts Member
Is the bump from 8 to 9 worth it in terms of survival and damage output? Like many I run him in my Arena team primarily for his leadership ability. I have currently have 4 furnaces 2 of which are reserved for Rey my other options in addition to Dooku are St Han, Luminara or Phasma. Thanks.

Replies

• Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    going to gear 8 to 9 will take him from 4,674 to 8,012 protection. So there is that.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I wish it would be worth it, because my Dooku has been the only toon I can get to gear 9 for the last week. Every day I resist the urge to press that button.

But I think if you want more effectiveness, your furnaces are better spent elsewhere. I think it might be worth dropping omega mat on dooku's basic, more so than gearing him to 9. But I'm still just a lvl 75 noob. I suppose if gear 10 Rey is on your menu, it might be worth it. Or maybe he's still ohko material, no matter what.

I would definitely give furnace to Lumi or Han before Phasma or Dooku. Han is going to get a big benefit from the extra protection. Lumi is lumi. Her heal is going to be a little better with the next gear level, to heal those huge health tanks. And she is very versatile.

Phasma? Boosting her health and damage seems like a waste, in general. Her health is already so high, it's easier to block her early than to kill her. She is the toon I kill last, unless Ben is also on the team. Again, I'm a lvl 75 noob. Maybe she needs it when facing gear 10 Rey. Or if you put her on a team with 4 tanks.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Phasma? Boosting her health and damage seems like a waste, in general. Her health is already so high, it's easier to block her early than to kill her. She is the toon I kill last, unless Ben is also on the team. Again, I'm a lvl 75 noob. Maybe she needs it when facing gear 10 Rey. Or if you put her on a team with 4 tanks.

After that one furnace Phasma doesn't need anymore raid gear to get to gear 10 so that can also be a factor into your decision
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That's something to ponder. But she is still like Poggle, but even worse when she has no allies around her. Phasma can only tickle you and die very quickly. She has no defense. She has no offense. It would take a very tanky team for me to consider taking Phasma out anywhere but last or second to last. She is totally useless on an assist. No procs on her basic. And she does almost no damage on her own. Her high health bar just goes down like clockwork, when you decide to finish her. I'm more afraid of a 4 star Dooku in the red than a full protection Phasma on her own.

Gearing her up doesn't make her special buffs any better.

Does she get a speed boost, at least?

I'm still a noob, but I don't even see giving her a 7th star for a long, long while. As long as she has enough health to be fairly protectable via a tank, I will not be starring/gearing her any higher.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    That's something to ponder. But she is still like Poggle, but even worse when she has no allies around her. Phasma can only tickle you and die very quickly. It would take a very tanky team for me to consider taking Phasma out anywhere but last or second to last. She is totally useless on an assist. No procs on her basic. And she does almost no damage on her own.

Gearing her up doesn't make her special buffs any better.

Does she get a speed boost, at least?

Sadly she doesn't gain any potency or speed at gear 9 or 10, mainly strength, health, an physical damage. I don't use her in arena but she's been useful to me in GW and most importantly Phase 2-4 in the raid.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    I used a furnace on Dooku since I use him so much in arena. Yes there are better characters to use them on (I already did) but it does help him survive a bit longer and hit harder. So it is not a complete waste.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    I know just how hard it is to decide who to give your Furnaces to. I'm in the same situation myself. One thought to ponder, Phasma at lvl 80 Gear X (only 1 Furnace needed) has 20K health AND 20K protection. She may not hit hard but that's a decent amount of total hp. It may give you 1 or 2 extra advantage or speed down uses.

IMO only give the Furnaces to the toons you plan to use long term. Otherwise it's a complete waste of $15.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    I used a furnace on Dooku, not a single regret. He gets a little more survivability and a little more damage, and sometimes, that little extra is all you need. Get Rey up to g9 first if you have her
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    If you boost health and protection of other toons, you won't need to run Lumi in arena. Most top teams don't run a healer at all. Wouldn't give it to her.