Has anyone tried out Jawa Engineer?

Jaflip
142 posts Member
Hi all! Just wondering for those with jawa engineer hows it going? I'm prioritizing rey atm but once I'm done with her I'm torn between je or saving up currency for gear. Since most of my current arena team requires droid callers I'm thinking of going all out on droids and completing my droid teams since all they need are furnaces. Screw the meta! I'm also really curious how the first two turns go. Do all the droids really go first?

Replies

• Options
    I've only tried JE at 4* on GW droid squad, and it's worked very well even under-levelled/geared. Yes, droids all go first. Can't wait to level/gear him up and try him on Arena.

However, not sure it's worth it going for JE if you're already farming Rey. Given you're investing heavily in a non-droid squad (I presume), may be best to maximize their potential with g9/10. (I invested heavily in a droid squad, hence why I'm going for JE)
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Well that's my main problem. Do I grind for gear to level my meta team? Or go for the droid squad which is a lot easier to gear up and could be awesome with jawa.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Options
    I can't think of a strategy as to where the droids don't go first lol. Which is why its so tempting to just drop everything and go for them
  • Options
    Ah, it's true, droid teams are overall easier to star up than meta - between GW and Arena rewards. But, I will say - Rey is more versatile than droids. With droids (and JE), they're *mostly* only useful on droid squads (though 86 has good general utility). Rey is useful on all sorts of squads.

Decisions, decisions!
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Haha it keeps me up at night! Im at 50/100 on rey so I could just hard farm her the rest of the way and just do the droids or... Ahhhhh haha
  • Options
    Not yet I got the Pig, but others I'm working first. Likely do him next, but right now gear is my flavor.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    My guild mates say he's no good for arena and and one guy regretted it then put him in the trash. But he's good for GW apparently.
  • Options
    My guild mates say he's no good for arena and and one guy regretted it then put him in the trash. But he's good for GW apparently.

That's disappointing. But...presumably they only have him at 4, maybe 5*? Could be viable at 6-7*? Maybe wishful thinking on my part...
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    He has a basic that can be dodged and resisted. But the rest of him is great
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

That's disappointing. But...presumably they only have him at 4, maybe 5*? Could be viable at 6-7*? Maybe wishful thinking on my part...

Yea he was only 5* but you can still get a good idea of how his utility and skills will work at 5* if you have him max geared and skilled. The extra stars will only give him more HP and damage.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    He has a basic that can be dodged and resisted. But the rest of him is great

Yeah, but his basic can be skilled for +90% damage ;) and you will not get a counterattack (5s, dooku etc.) - but this Jawa isn't made for damage, its (not) funny if your IG86 goes with Assist + Jawa Engineer, but overall this Jawa is really strong and it is ok if he do more or less zero damage. His role is to start the match for Droids, buff crit and maybe heal/revive someone - Thats all he has to do.

EDIT for Damage: My lvl 70 JE with Gear VII/4 Stars has his Basic only at Lvl 3 (note he gets +10% Damage every step) and i killed a lvl 77, 7* Dooku with the little Bomb for 2700 Damage - so once JE is full geared, has stars level etc. his damage should be ok, but he is still a supporter and the damage is delayed. What i mean is, he will do some points and it should be more than Barriss :D

He is also viable at 4 stars for arena, since more stars will only result in more HP and stats that arent very relevant for him. He doesn't need to do any damage and if he gets killed (even maxed his HP aren't high) he already act (which is the reason you play him) and any damage on him means less damage for IG88 and IG86 which is also nice. If Droids are killed first, the Jawa will bring the robots back (no RNG like Daka). With JE you always want to start first and kill at least one enemy (DPS like Rei) so the "counterattack" shouldn't be to strong for your droids since you fight 5vs4 or better if all works as it should.

But yeah he is weak (because he can't do his job) if you not skilled his speed special to at least level 6 with 4 droids (which results at 177 speed). If you mix tanks or GS, Poogle you lose speed and it can happen that your enemy fight a "fair" battle (QGJ, Dooku, Leia, Rey starts first etc.) and you fall behind. So it is not about Stars for the Jawa Engineer ;)
    Post edited by MD_Geist on
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Yea I definitely see him making droid teams unstoppable on offense but pretty much can be beat with the current meta
  • Options
    I use him at 4* on an early December server and he gets my droids into the top 5. I don't think the AI knows how to handle him on defense though but who does the AI know how to use?