Droids?!

Au5t1n
37 posts Member
I was thinking about a droid team. HK(L), IG-86, IG-88, JE, Poe/General/Pig/ sunfac if possible I need help figuring out that last spot

Replies

• Options
    If you plan on using JE, Poe losing his almost all of his value. The Pig would take too long to farm along with JE. I do not have General Grievous so I do not know how good he is with this setup but I can see potential there. The problem with the General is that he will take forever to farm and will slow your farms elsewhere. Sun Fac is chromium exclusive so unless you want to spend money he is out. Also he wouldn't fit with that lineup very well.
  • Au5t1n
    37 posts Member
    Options
    @kamikazeRhombus is it a good idea to farm the pig and then farm GG when I can
  • Options
    Au5t1n wrote: »
    @kamikazeRhombus is it a good idea to farm the pig and then farm GG when I can

I don't know how either of them will work with droids but if you want them you should go for them. I have thought about GG myself but haven't been able to bring myself to devote that many resources to him. Choose what characters you want and the game will be more fun.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Magnaguard or one of the jawas or st han or rg. Sunfac might be good too if u drop the cash.work onnthe other guys. I think gs will do ok until you finish the team.
  • Options
    I run HK-47, IG-86, and IG-88 with Poggle and either Poe or Lumi. I have GG at 4* (takes foreeeeeever to farm, thus I just got him at 4* last week). I was mostly F2P while farming him (only exception being the daily 100 crystals), but have since spent some cash on getting some Chromiums. Thus, I also have Sun Fac at 5*. As it stands right now, I can win with both GG and Sun Fac to get in top 50, but the team isn't good defensively, so you get targeted mercilessly (I don't pay for refreshes). Once I get JE geared up (just got him yesterday, G6) I will try him with GG. My recommendation would be to go for Poggle in GW (helps many teams) and IG-100 in Cantina. I believe he's viable on a team with JE, but I haven't tried it yet.

GS and RG are always good plugin's as well.They're very fast, so they'll end up going right after the droids.
  • pepper10
    88 posts Member
    Options
    If you run 47 as lead, then STHan works very well providing you have him geared and starred. They have great synergy and with JE adding heals/buffs/revives, it works out well. If you have the money for Sun Fac, then for sure, but if you are just looking for a tank Han has the best synergy with all that turn meter love. I could see MagnaGuard working but more of a disrupter damage guy than as an actual tank and of course RG if all you care about is saving JE/88.
    I run 47(L)-86-88-STHan-varies(daka,RG,GS,Poggle...depends, but this is where my JE will go when he hits 5*'s). I usually take top 10 in a December shard arena and fall to the 25-35 range.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Hk-47 (L), 86, 88, JE, RG ! droids will shine again :D Rg can stun/def up so they'll last longer.
  • Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    Options
    My droid team curently looks like: HK (L), 88, 86, 100 and JE
    Don't underestimate ig-100, with JE, he get much more usable
    I am Norwegian!
  • Options
    Tayvyer wrote: »
    My droid team curently looks like: HK (L), 88, 86, 100 and JE
    Don't underestimate ig-100, with JE, he get much more usable

Much more usable yes, but he still is not a good tank. Despite the bonuses he gets when left unchecked, the majority of people will still burn down 88 and 86, and now JE before him. If you are looking to save those toons, then 100 is not the way to go, any of the traditional tanks will serve you better. Is he serviceable now, sure. He disrupts very well and now, with JE, he attacks even more so he can lay some damage and debuffs down on a more regular basis, but I couldn't honestly say my droids are a better team with him in it instead of a traditional tank or poggle. That 5th spot is an important spot to fill, i couldn't say 100 is the best for it yet.

• Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yeah you need a taunter to fill the last spot. ST Han works really well on offense, but in defense he will be dispelled instantly.
    RG is also really good, and unlike ST Han, he can taunt several times in a match, so he's more valuable in defense.
  • Options
    I fought a droid squad today with IG-100...was actually pretty tough...but not because of the magnaguard. Hahaha don't use him.
  • Options
    Poggle. Offense up and speed boost to the droids is pretty key here
  • MalEliza
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Not Poggle. He is near useless with JE. With HK lead, 88 and HK will have attacked twice and 86 will have used his special before Poggle can buff your team (unless you hold back in round 1). That's to late to have much of an influence on the result. If you want to use Poggle it might work with Poggle (l), 86, 88, GS and JE. I did not try that however.

I use HK, 86, 88, JE (4*, G8) + Han/Poe and it got me to #8 yesterday for payout. I dropped to around 30.
    Someone said Poe wouln't be good with JE. I disagree. Poe doesn't need to go before your team. He needs to go before the opponent's. Especially if you go against Daka and RG together (that way Daka is tough to kill in the first round), Poe is still good as he draws their stuns (while STHan goes after Daka and might be stunned himself or at least can't prevent 86 or 88 being stunned). Against other teams I use STHan. His turn meter bonus is great.

I think the best toon for the fifth spot might be RG due to his multiple/auto taunt and stun. It should be best for defence at least. I didn't try that myself however, as my RG is G8 only.
    I can't say much about Grievous. I don't have him and don't intend to farm him in the near future.