Guild Shop Gear Price

So after several days i guess every players now settle in their guilds and raiding consistenly thus made guild coins they get from guild activity. Now palyers can choose will they spend it for shards or gears of unobtainable? The shards price is correct i believe but the gear price is ridiculous. is there any chance they will fix it??
TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50

Replies

• Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they do. The price is ridiculous.
    I've been buying only Rey so far, and that's just 400 currency per day, and still don't have enough for 25 pieces of salvage.
  • Options
    I hope they do.

But I don't think they will. They want that gear process to take a long time.

2 days to farm 20
    2 weeks to farm 50
    2 months to farm raid gear?? Maybe
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options
    The current raid content is meant to be a marathon and not a sprint. If you recall, the initial raid release didn't even have gear in the guild store. While the prices are high, they are made to keep us chasing something for a while. If they make them cheaper, that hastens the gearing and progression progress across the entire game. You may see a price change, but months after the content has been on farm. That's how typical development cycles work.

The way I see this, is that it's an added bonus, and something they didn't have to do.
    Looking for a Guild? Click here for our recruitment post
  • Options
    Amth wrote: »
    The current raid content is meant to be a marathon and not a sprint. If you recall, the initial raid release didn't even have gear in the guild store. While the prices are high, they are made to keep us chasing something for a while. If they make them cheaper, that hastens the gearing and progression progress across the entire game. You may see a price change, but months after the content has been on farm. That's how typical development cycles work.

The way I see this, is that it's an added bonus, and something they didn't have to do.

That's all fine except for one tiny thing they messed up: Precrafted gear.

The guy sitting at number 1 on my server is winning due to sheer power. His team isn't anything special, but he us running multiple G10s due to pre-crafting. Now he can comfortably sit at the top spot for months and collect 500 crystals per day because no one can come close to beating him.
  • Options

+1
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

The guy sitting at number 1 on my server is winning due to sheer power. His team isn't anything special, but he us running multiple G10s due to pre-crafting. Now he can comfortably sit at the top spot for months and collect 500 crystals per day because no one can come close to beating him.

Gear 10 isnt unbeatable, even with gear 8.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

You didn't have to precraft to be at g10. I didn't precraft and if got a dozen toons at g10/g11
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options

Cannot agree, it is the only way to get those gear parts other than raid rewards. If buying from shop wasn't there, the amount/drop rate we get from rewards would turn gear crafting into something like sharding vader, just for a couple of it. But we're not talking about a single character, if you consider just how much of those unobtanium we need to craft just for an arena main team, you'd see you'll need an average of a dozen. if we assume an optimistic crafting rate of two weeks per one (counting rewards from raid and buying from guild shop) we are talking about a six month commitment to gear 5 characters. Now double it if you think a more probable crafting rate of 1 month. Now double it again if you want to gear your B team.
    I wouldn't say that giving the possibility to buy gear (parts) from guild shop is something dev's conceded us by grace and courtesy. Actually, looking at how long it'll take to bring a team to gear X without throwing our wallets into the pit I dare to say that something has still to be done to alleviate this choking point.
    Res non verba
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Opusone wrote: »

You didn't have to precraft to be at g10. I didn't precraft and if got a dozen toons at g10/g11

It depends on which ones you're talking about. Many that are popular in the arena need droid callers. Unless your guild is doing extremely well or you got lucky with some T6 or T7 full raid gear drops, you don't have toons like QGJ or RG on G9, 10, or 11 if you didn't precraft.