Who wants the next update to have the Age restriction fixed? -- DEV COMMENT

Moe00Moe
6 posts Member
edited May 2016
No chats, no names changes are no fun!
Post edited by NotReallyAJedi on

Who wants the next update to have the Age restriction fixed? -- DEV COMMENT 38 votes

Keep it the same
42%
darksideBentWookieeKAULIottomadduxChunLegoLegs_Altoon331AmYourFath3rDeadHeadAndyEibbor_TharthHobnobJustJeff66Zeyhicyhot090608JonnyHkaytheowl 16 votes
Fix it
57%
StarSonSDziadSmithieAmaltheaUriakatosLaLiamHanYoloJediMasterSavageVicirvvrienigma_jedislamaLordAlvertKeyMan64xDarthFionziDani_PvPRo_BikaDarth_VladD13kimMoe00MoeEatMoreLobster 22 votes

Replies

• JonnyH
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Keep it the same
    I must of missed something. What exactly is the problem with the age restriction and chat?
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Keep it the same
    I think this comes down to a legal thing.
  • Options
    Age Restriction is required by COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, 1998). There's no way we can remove it, or alter it.
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Fix it
    How can we fix this on iOS as an adult?!??!?!
  • Options
    Age Restriction is required by COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, 1998). There's no way we can remove it, or alter it.

Does that include the forum?
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »

Put in a Support Ticket, they will assist you.
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    Fix it
    You can keep the age restriction that's fine but have a way to change it for those like me who messed up. At least once. I like the game but once I found out there was a chat I was bummed. I haven't joined any guild because i can't even chat with them so that's pointless.
  • Options
    Really doesn't bother me at all. But what they have against large constructions intended to stop the flow of water, I have no idea.
  • Options
    Moe00Moe wrote: »
    You can keep the age restriction that's fine but have a way to change it for those like me who messed up. At least once. I like the game but once I found out there was a chat I was bummed. I haven't joined any guild because i can't even chat with them so that's pointless.

Join a guild. you are missing out on stuff that you cannot get without a guild, unless you pay out of pocket!!!
  • Options

Do you know if support can change the age on an account? (I just got off the phone with one lady - she was able to change my game name, however, as far as she knows, it is currently not possible to change the age associated with an account once created)
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Fix it
    Moe00Moe wrote: »

Guild chat is kind of pointless, it moves too fast and is difficult to use. My guild uses other chat apps.

Although, to the original point, could we also have the option of changing the language filter settings. Not having swears is ok (although more restrictive than the official forums, where you can see the swears by "quoting"). However, not being able to type "assists" or "it's so" or "balls" or dozens of other non-obscene words and phrases is frustrating.

• HanYolo
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Fix it

I put in a ticket, and they said they can't fix it since it's done at the start of the game.
  • StarSon
    7461 posts Member
    Options
    Fix it
    "Fixed" is maybe wrong, but I know several adults that are stuck with "child" accounts. There needs to be some way to change it.
  • BradBread
    113 posts Member
    Options

Dev says to put in a support ticket.... missed seeing all the threads over the past month where nobody ever gets any help regarding this issue from calling in, submitting a ticket, or posting here on the forums. Lol

But hey, I guess a bad answer is better than none at all. :P
  • Options
    Can underage players see the chat? We are trying to have a friendly, non-aggressive guild and we give warnings before we kick off non-active members. If they can't see the warnings then it's pointless...and mean. Maybe they don't understand how the guild works and we can't educate them because they can't see it.
  • SDziad
    150 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Fix it
    If devs can't change age restriction, at least put in tutorial:
    "If you will choose age under 18 years old, you can't sync your account, enter guild chat and you're done with this game after your phone will explode".
    Because that way no one would choose <18 to have problems with American rules in the game for players of the whole world.
  • Options
    Keep it the same
    The Dev comment in this thread explains why the answer has to be no.
  • Options
    Please don't necro threads.
This discussion has been closed.