Tarkin talk

Nebulous
1476 posts Member
I love Tarkin the character. He is without remorse and epitomizes cruelty. It's too bad he lacks a little bit in the game.

He has some really impressive skills: His basic deals extra damage early on in the battle when it matters most. His special is an aoe which can wreck the turn meter of your opponent. His unique skill is really good--can inflict offense down to all opponents for 3 turns and an additional speed down for 3 turns if the opponent is a rebel. Considering its on a 3-turn cd, this is looks really strong on paper. His leader skill is a generic speed increase.

Now where Tarkin loses his attractiveness, and I don't meant that jaunt jawline, is his poor potency. At current max gear levels, he can obtain 39%. However, he sits at 9% most of the gear levels.

What I would like to see is a change to his leadership skill. In addition to the speed increase, maybe add a potency increase too. This would help Vader and his dots, veers and his aoe ability block.

This could be a solid leader skill and perhaps help empire become a comp worth playing. Tarkin should fill the role of leader for the empire teams. I don't think just the leadership potency boost should be enough to guarantee uptime on Tarkin's unique, but I shouldn't fear pressing the button like I wasted a turn.

Replies

• Options
    Since Veers has a weaker version of Vader's leader ability, one idea would be to give Veers a leader ability that provides potency. That would fix not only Tarkin, but magmatrooper to some extent as well. MT has been terrible because his tm manipulation gets resisted almost every time.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Since Veers has a weaker version of Vader's leader ability, one idea would be to give Veers a leader ability that provides potency. That would fix not only Tarkin, but magmatrooper to some extent as well. MT has been terrible because his tm manipulation gets resisted almost every time.

I was thinking rid veers of his lead skill all together and give him a skill to buff empire allies.
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

I was thinking rid veers of his lead skill all together and give him a skill to buff empire allies.

Either Way, Veers' leader ability needs reworking. You have to use omega mats to get the same offense boost as Vader gives without omega mats. AND Vader gives a chance to remove tm to empire allies.

Imagine using both Vader's and Veers' leads for Campaign battles though...
  • Options
    Yeah Tarkin was a fav of mine way back in Dec before we all had lvl 70 cap & gear 8 heroes. He actually landed his abilities. Now he is worthless since he lands nothing.

Please raise his potency!!!
  • Polarice
    113 posts Member
    Options
    I had been building an empire team as i was disapointed at seeing my first order team being left in the nerf bin. Now it seems its going to be a lo g time before i finish it.
  • Options
    Yeah Tarkin was a fav of mine way back in Dec before we all had lvl 70 cap & gear 8 heroes. He actually landed his abilities. Now he is worthless since he lands nothing.

Please raise his potency!!!

I started gearing him several months ago for an imperial side project. He was only 4* after pulling him in a chromium pack, but as F2P he wasn't going to be great. Luckily he just got added to arena shipments! Now he just needs the potency to land his offense down more often . Also, his aoe is awful. He does like 1k damage to each toon and never gets off the tm manipulation.