Is IG 86 viable for arena?

Malokh
18 posts Member
I just recently got him to 7* he's gear 8 and I want to know if it's worth it to level him up to 77 to use on my team for his assist and as dps. He'd replace my sid on my team.

My team is currently Phasma (L), Lumi, Ahsoka, Rey (5*), and Sid. All are 7* (except Rey) and gear 8.
Ally Code: 143-666-146

Replies

• Options
    Sid is plain awful since the protection update. I would replace him with 86.
  • MalEliza
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Do it!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Depends on your other toons. I would throw him in before leveling to see what he can do.

He is slow and squishy. Sid is fast and and he is an escape artist. I wouldnt level either one of them. They are both decent but not an endpoint unless you go full droid. Until then, just let this spot lag behind and save some credits

My 86 is 7S g8 lvl 70. He was on my team from 40 thru 70. I dont use him much in arena at all anymore. Except on my droid team.

You will find it impossible to do much in arena with just dps, unless your dps is named Rey. Toons with good abilities and synergies will be much more useful.
  • Options
    He's definitely useful for raid purposes but Arena not so sure
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sorry, didnt see your team list. You have dps. I would forget adding dps and get some more protection and/or utility. Taunter. Stunner. Rg is a taunter and a stunner.

I am gonna guess u are rank over 200. Adding rg at g8 3s will improve your team tremendously. He will give rey a fighting chance at using her specials.
  • Malokh
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone, I'm gonna test him out today and see how I make out.
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Sorry, didnt see your team list. You have dps. I would forget adding dps and get some more protection and/or utility. Taunter. Stunner. Rg is a taunter and a stunner.

I am gonna guess u are rank over 200. Adding rg at g8 3s will improve your team tremendously. He will give rey a fighting chance at using her specials.
    I'm currently working on RG but he's only 3* (about to be 4*) I'm working on gearing him up right now but he's hopefully gonna end up on the team once he's around 5*. Thanks for your input I'm trying to put together a team and doing my best lol
    Ally Code: 143-666-146
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    What's your arena rank @Malokh? I use Poggle(L), 86, 88, GS and St Han, rank # 40 usually without refresh in late November server.

Conclusion: 86 is definitely viable for arena, as long as you use synergies
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Dont wait for stars. Gear him asap. He is good ar 3stars even.

If i scan teams on my server, theres one thing in common with 95 percent of teams above 100. They are non syergy teams without a tank.

Top 50 are either strong synergy or they have rg and/or han.

You are a long way from having a useable han. Ur only a couple weeks from having a useable rg.
  • Options
    Malokh wrote: »
    I just recently got him to 7* he's gear 8 and I want to know if it's worth it to level him up to 77 to use on my team for his assist and as dps. He'd replace my sid on my team.

My team is currently Phasma (L), Lumi, Ahsoka, Rey (5*), and Sid. All are 7* (except Rey) and gear 8.

With Phasma lead team, IG-86 one of them most viable toon. My arena team is Phasma(L), QGJ, GS, Lumi, IG 86. 3 toons has assist calling and with Phasma you get a random assist. If random is IG 86, the opposite toon is half dead. Plus IG 86 has very strong attack. Rey is strong but she is only 5* for you. My IG 86 is at lvl 77 and his basic hit is around 7K. I am going to put omega on his basic and that will give him more power.

In your squad I will replace Sid for IG 86.
  • Options
    My 2 cents. The only place 86 has a place is on a droid slash genosian team. 86 is first to go.

If you are ftp sure geAr him
  • Chapel
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Gear up 86 immediately! Yes is is kinda slow and squishy, but when he hits, he kills. Definitely replace Sideous for him. Then work on getting a tank and replace Ahsoka.
  • HB0MBZ
    190 posts Member
    Options
    He probably has on of the strongest basic in the game. He can get to gear 10. I believe at gear 9 his speed goes up to 121 so he gets a little faster.