50 posts Member
edited May 2016
My level 77 team (all 7*) is ...
  • Sidious (usually Leader)
  • QGJ
  • Luminara
  • Savage
  • Bariss (sometimes Leader)

I just managed to get Yoda to 7* in this event (gear 8, soon to be gear 9) and would like to sub him in but not sure where.
Post edited by Kurki on

ARENA - Just got Yoda, who must go? 35 votes

Sidious
51%
AlriksterZach2357Keeka1MikymateTuftedpaper85Nortikka_aikarajuuCookieCrisppOlfbaldVergeltungswaffenMojavelandbaronTom17aPlateOfGrapesObi_Wan_CannoliMalElizabhtrumpcc07CountTucuSalmakiaGundam_Raizer 18 votes
QGJ
0%
Luminara
2%
xSkandarGraunx 1 vote
Savage
11%
HarlodpeterDani_PvPKING_J0URNEYSpartan 4 votes
Bariss
28%
JohnnyudesNightloresDooku_for_daysWiggius_TownsoOptimus11TheGunshowMoodyManSnokeTrooperadeoetregeArham 10 votes
None
5%
vincentlondonAlanis 2 votes

Replies

• Options
    Sidious
    After lvl 70 or so sidious isn't so useful. His whole overpowering heal prevention isn't so useful anymore cause fights are more dragged out due to protection. So in my opinion he is the most useless character in your squad.
  • Options
    Bariss
    Barris is useless in arena. Sidious is also useless once you hit level 70. Luminara is also not the best option, but is still very solid at this level in arena. Savage oppress is also by no means top tier; I've seen one team in the top 20 with him in the past month. I guess what it comes down to is who is the most terrible in arena, and I would say barris. QGJ is your only fantastic character. Also, your leader should be QGJ out of the characters you've got, especially with yoda coming in.
    I'm guessing you've not broken top 200 in arena yet based on who you use in your arena team. You should really have a dodge leader (Dooku or old Ben) and I use Dooku still, even though Ben is the preferred option. You should also have some good attackers like GS, rey and leia (although only leia if you are a whale). I use GS and rey in this role. What you then want is a good support character that can remove buffs like RG's taunt, do good damage, and be fast. QGJ fits the bill perfectly. For my last spot, I would use another controller; one with a stun on their basic attack. Old Daka is who I use because she has a great revive on top of her very high stun chances. You can also throw a tank in there instead, of someone. RG and STHan are the only arena viable ones now (unless you have Poe in a droid team) so you should get working on those two.
  • Options
    None
    Bariss for arena? Omg
  • Kurki
    50 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Dooku_for_days many thanks for your solid input. For reference, I usually wake up at around rank 170 and end the day at rank 120 in Arena despite my crappy squad, mainly due to carefully choosing oppenents and spacing my fights out over the course of the day.

Alas at this point as a F2P player I do not have the desire to revamp my squad with Rey, GS etc. However, I do have RG at 77 and gear VIII but only 4*, I am currently farming his shards.

With regards to BARISS, I don't find her useless in my attacks, but I can see how she is probably useless when I am getting attacked.

@vincentlondon , I assume you do not like Bariss either, but you voted "None", was that a mis-click?

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
    [offtopic]

If any one is interested in how I managed to kill Yoda 7* with my limited characters, it did take a while, probably 7-8 attempts. On the winning attempt Yodas minions were Ahsoka and Eeth, who I killed first and surprisingly quickly. Yoda then took a while but could not beat my squad down, as I had 3 healers. Here was my squad, all 7* obviously:
    1. Bariss 77 g8 (L)
    2. QGJ 77 g9
    3. Luminara 77 g9
    4. JC 77 g8
    5. Ahsoka 71 g8

Impossible to overstate how important having g9 is in this battle, as it was the 2 of them who managed to burn down Yodas minions very fast, and then the heals took over.

[/offtopic]
  • Options
    Bariss
    @Kurki I think @vincentlondon thought you meant who to take yoda out of your squad for, so he was saying you should leave yoda in there. He probably didn't read what you said and just looked at the poll options. Yoda is definitely one of your best characters.
  • Kurki
    50 posts Member
    Options
    I see, the grammar in the title was a bit confusing, so I changed it, hopefully that will clear things up.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Bariss
    @Kurki just to give you an idea on how your roster should/could look like after playing for 5 months (F2P), here are a few images of everything noteworthy in my roster:
    https://imgur.com/a/RRZQX
    https://imgur.com/a/y4ohO
    I also have enough shards to 7* but not enough credits to promote and level Tusken raider, magmatrooper and dathcha.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    I couldn't vote for just one. Sid and Barris, and to a lesser extent, Lumi, don't do well in Arena. Who else do you have at 6* or higher?
  • Kurki
    50 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Jedi2407 , here is my rundown:

7* (all at least gear 8, Lumi, QGJ and Savage are gear 9)
    • Bariss
    • Yoda
    • JC
    • Luminara
    • Ahsoka
    • Sidious
    • Savage
    • Yoda
    • QGJ
    • IG-86

6* (all gear 7)
    • Talia
    • Chewie
    • Phasma

I also have RG at lvl 77 and gear 8 but only 4*, I am currently farming his shards.

• Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Bariss
    @Kurki right now, in arena you should run qgj(L), ig 86, RG (yes at 4*), yoda and luminara. In GW, you should run barris (L), lumi, JC, QGJ, yoda. You can then sub in 86, RG or savage depending on whether you feel you are too Jedi heavy.
  • Kurki
    50 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Interesting stuff @Dooku_for_days and BTW, looked at your screen shots, awesome collection you have there.

Didnt think RG would be viable at 4*, that said, I am only a few days away from 5* so I will try to sub him in as you suggest and see what happens.

With regards to GW, ever since I've had Bariss it has been a breeze, I bet it will be even better now with Yoda.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    @kurki
    Then I would try:
    QGJ (L)
    Yoda
    Ahsoka
    LumI (maybe Savage?).

Ahsoka >>>>>>>>>Sid + Barriss.
    QGJ lead will give your Jedis good speed. Not sure if you should move RG in for Lumi/Savage once he's 5*, or if you should wait until he's 6*.
  • Options
    Bariss
    You don't need a healer in arena.
  • Kurki
    50 posts Member
    Options
    I have subbed in IG-86 and 4* RG and so far so good. I do however use Savage here and there, mainly because he is Gear 9 and I want to get some mileage out of that before buyers remorse consumes me.

So the team currently is:
    • QGJ (L)
    • Yoda
    • Luminara
    • IG-86
    • RG (or Savage)

Anyone else want to leave their 2 cents? See the list above for my available 6 and 7* characters.