CT-5555 Omega Ability

MasterSeedy
5096 posts Member
Can we please have him double-attack STUNNED characters?

Look, it's a game, and you can have whatever rules you want. And I don't even know how to get Omega Materials, so unless an Omega event returns someday, I'll never have an Omega-Fives character to worry about it...

...but just reading the description bothers me: he can somehow double-tap characters that are slowed by Speed Down, but if they're completely Stunned, he can't?

In-game logic matters. It's how you make a world exciting and immersive. When you're wondering why the game does this instead of that, you've lost the immersive experience.

Fives can't inflict stun. You'd have to be using him for team synergies to get that...and since currently he only has synergies with Clones and since as far as I know, there is no Clone that stuns, you'd be giving up Clone synergies to get double-tap on Stunned characters.

THUS: it really couldn't be OP compared with double-tap vs. slow. Since it's not mandated by game-balance considerations, and since it appears to make no sense on the face of it, which undercuts the world-building and immersion you're working toward, just expand the ability to include Stunned targets.

It's really what you should have done originally, but since there are likely very few Omega'd Fives characters out there, and since none of their owners should complain, you should be able to do it now.

Replies

• Twyst3d
    58 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lol. If you're agonizing over buying it or not buy it. 5's is crazy now with that omega. Nobody in their right mind will back this suggestion. Right now a fully loaded 5s is ripping people apart. In GW yesterday I had to pay attention when he was the last guy and I had a full team and even had to replay twice cuz people died.

TL:DR? HECK NO!
  • MasterSeedy
    5096 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm not talking about whether or not he's sufficiently powerful.

I'm talking about whether the game makes sense, whether the game makes it easy to suspend disbelief.

There are ways to do that without making any changes to game mechanics at all: If Fives was cybernetic ally enhanced, and this cybernetic "threat processor" that helped his situational awareness and counter-attacks ignored immobile objects, because why would a battlefield threat processor try to make you give more attention to immobile objects?

THAT would be a reason to double-tap characters affected by Speed Down, but not by Stun.

The problem is that the game doesn't give us any of that. Good color text can make something that seems ridiculous and nonsensical (Fives can't double tap a motionless lump, but he can double-tap a QGJ-led Yoda if Yoda happened to be spending 1.2 seconds affected by Speed Down) seem obvious and logical (why would a threat processor help you attack motionless things?).

Frankly, I'd be happier with more text in game, but since that doesn't seem to be coming, making 5s double-tap stunned characters would work as well.

========

ALSO: It would make absolutely no difference in the scenario you mentioned, since Fives can't stun and any stunning teammates Fives had were defeated.