Finn... Worth it?

Broda
310 posts Member
Does anyone have a geared up, starred up Finn? And if so, is it worth it?

Replies

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Mine is only 4s g7. He was my starter wildcard.

Imo, he is pretty meh. His basic used to be pretty decent last i used him. Then something happened and it is terrible, now.

His Hold the Line special is almost useless unless he has ackbar lead. Even with ackbar lead it is only worthwhile because his basic is so low. Or he might pull leia.

His health and protection are good.

I dont even think he makes a rebel squad. So no, i dont think he is worth it.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Good in tank challenge but it stops there.
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I feel like you can't truly judge a toon until they're 7* and gear 8/9
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    I have only ever borrowed him for challenges to see what he was like. He crits halfway decent but nowhere near someone like Rey. IMO I would invest in someone else unless you need him for some reason..
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    What's halfway decent? Over 7k?
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    And nobody is near Rey
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    My ideology is I hate chasing metas and if I can develop a decent team using uncommon characters I'm going to do it
  • Options
    Hits 4-6k @ 9 armor 7*. Not decent for the alternatives
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    Did he get nerfed with update?
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Broda wrote: »
    I feel like you can't truly judge a toon until they're 7* and gear 8/9

I have him 6*, G8. Unless he gains like 6k power going to 7*, I can judge him as completely meh.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The good thing about Finn is his special does decent damage and can apply a debuff. I think it's possible for him to slow and/or stun and/or expose. So he has some crowd control ability. I don't know how much potency he gets from gear, but if it's pretty high, he has the ability to add that extra Rey-control without being ohko material. He's pretty slow, thogh. I have been tempted to gear up Finn or Talia for the debuff, and Talia is great for the 3 turn DOT and super high potency... but Finn has a lot more health and protection.

If you come up with a good team for him, that would be really creative. Good luck!
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Options
    As leader of a resistance team (Rey, RP, Poe) he has potential. But right now... Underwhelming
  • Options
    I have him at 7* lv70 gear8.4
    One of my first chromium pulls and then I decided to level him.
    + He's great in challenges and GW due to his high health/protection and a great lead to boost rey and RP offensively. Fun to use.
    - Not so good in arena due to his speed, hold the line special not great, low threat, low potency,
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384