acbar in guilds

My guild plays level 5 raids. I finish 2nd in my guild. I have 15 seven star toons and 10 toons that are 5 or 6 stars. The guy that finishes 1st in raids has about 10 toons with 7 stars but he beats me by 25 percent or so. I dont care that much about finishing 2nd because the difference in rewards is negligible. His toons are basically the same except he has kylo and ackbar at 5 stars and i dont have either. I know ackbars dispell is useful and i am farming him now but does he make that much of a difference? I rarely retreat unless rey or gs cannot escape when needed.

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Get the Ewoks and you will be killing it.
  • Options
    Kylo is built for pure destruction. He has one of the highest health pools in the game, and the cool down resey ability will have you throwing specials all day long. Match him with Phasma and FOTP and you'll be laughing. Speed and defense down, offense down, DoT, healing immunity, health down. Repeat attacks, bonus attacks, and counter attacks.
  • HB0MBZ
    190 posts Member
    Options
    I went from 400k to 1,000,000 with just a 5* lobot. Yes it makes a huge difference
  • Options
    Kylo is built for pure destruction. He has one of the highest health pools in the game, and the cool down resey ability will have you throwing specials all day long. Match him with Phasma and FOTP and you'll be laughing. Speed and defense down, offense down, DoT, healing immunity, health down. Repeat attacks, bonus attacks, and counter attacks.

Kylo doesn't do that much vs the guards or the rancor. His damage is mediocre and people just ignore him till the end. You don't see kylo at the top of established servers, just like fotp.

OT: Akbar can cleanse deathmark, so you'll last longer vs the guards. That's the phase where you can do the most damage.
  • Options

Kylo doesn't do that much vs the guards or the rancor. His damage is mediocre and people just ignore him till the end. You don't see kylo at the top of established servers, just like fotp.

OT: Akbar can cleanse deathmark, so you'll last longer vs the guards. That's the phase where you can do the most damage.

@Pindasauskanon
    Kylo is a solid raid toon. He'll do above average damage because he'll stay alive longer and absorb more damage when he's taking attacks therefore offering some protection to the rest of your squad and he debuffs often. Against the rancor you basically get to use outrage all day long.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »

@Pindasauskanon
    Kylo is a solid raid toon. He'll do above average damage because he'll stay alive longer and absorb more damage when he's taking attacks therefore offering some protection to the rest of your squad and he debuffs often. Against the rancor you basically get to use outrage all day long.

Kylo has mediocre damage. He doesn't have a taunt, which means he can't reliably offer protection to the team and I have never ever seen him debuff a boss in a tier VI raid before. Against the rancor, his outrage is only average if he is below 50% hp. There are so many better characters out there who deal more damage without having to dip below 50% hp
  • Options
    @Starjumper I have a 7* kylo, his outrage does mediocre damage when he's above 50% health. And when he's below 50% he will die in one hit. His retribution is useful, because the rancor will use roar. And from my experience he gets stunned a lot by the rancor.
    There are much more useful heroes to farm from cantina nodes.
  • Options
    @Zekex @Pindasauskanon
    I can only speak from personal experience but my lv78, g9 kylo with 33k combined health and protection does quite well in raids usually behind a phasma lead with FOTP. Maybe it's the extra assists and advantage etc. He does well for me - not talking rey level damage of course, he's not a top tier damage dealer but he's still a solid addition in my view with the other bits (health, debuff, cool down reset, counter) he brings to the table

Back to op - I've just levelled Ackbar to 7* but he's only at lv53 but I plan on putting him into my pig team asap along with the 3 FO toons and QGJ as I've heard that's a good combo
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Ackabar and HRS as the only two rebels with Ackabar as the leader crushes Tier 5 raids. I use Fives, GS, and Luminara with them and they can go 700K+ in each of the first 3 phases easily. I'd venture to guess that Ackabar is a bigger factor than Kylo but you can work on both at the same time luckily.
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    @Zekex @Pindasauskanon
    I can only speak from personal experience but my lv78, g9 kylo with 33k combined health and protection does quite well in raids usually behind a phasma lead with FOTP. Maybe it's the extra assists and advantage etc. He does well for me - not talking rey level damage of course, he's not a top tier damage dealer but he's still a solid addition in my view with the other bits (health, debuff, cool down reset, counter) he brings to the table

Back to op - I've just levelled Ackbar to 7* but he's only at lv53 but I plan on putting him into my pig team asap along with the 3 FO toons and QGJ as I've heard that's a good combo

Kylo has to be paired with Phasma to be really effective, but rampage does equal or more damage than his basic, which makes him very good for phase 1 - you're always stacking numbers on the captain. His DoT on basic and outrage make him good for Ii-iv. Slow the rancor down and remove TM, you're getting multiple DoT's on him, especially with bonus attacks. Stun rancor and use outrage, you're getting a few thousand points on him. I'm sure there's better toons out there, but kylo can stand his ground very well, not only in raids, but everywhere else in the game.
  • Awakened1130
    220 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    For Tier V or VI Phase 1 vs the pigs it is very useful to have one toon to dispel deathmark (Ewok Elder, Ackbar, Lobot, Rex) and at least one that can reduce enemy turn meter (QGJ w/basic Omega, Teebo, Yoda, etc).

The team / strat that worked for me:
    Teebo (L), QGJ, Ewok Elder, Rey, GS
    -Get rid of the side Goons ASAP - DPS 'Em down quick.
    -QGJ: Harmonious only on side Goons and Humbling to dispel their taunts and grant your team offense up. On captain only use basic (Omega) to keep his tm low
    Teebo: try and keep him stealthed vs the captain and use his basic against him to keep his tm low. If the captain has a buff & you can't stealth Teebo you can use Bring Low
    -Ewok Elder: save his dispel ability and use it only when someone is death marked. If someone dies revive them!
    -Rey/GS: Pure DPS

Don't forget to try escaping when the pigs get enraged.

I've scored 600K+ on T6 with this strat - I hope it works for you!

This strat does not work nearly as well on Heroic.
  • Options
    Yeah. Looks like until i get a dispeller ready i just have to wait
  • Options
    The answer is yes, Ackbar does make that big a difference.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    Myshkin333 wrote: »
    The answer is yes, Ackbar does make that big a difference.

Especially against the Gamoreans.
    Removing deathmark makes all the difference. (As deathmark is a death sentence otherwise)
  • Options
    For Tier V or VI Phase 1 vs the pigs it is very useful to have one toon to dispel deathmark (Ewok Elder, Ackbar, Lobot, Rex) and at least one that can reduce enemy turn meter (QGJ w/basic Omega, Teebo, Yoda, etc).

-QGJ: Harmonious only on side Goons and Humbling to dispel their taunts and grant your team offense up. On captain only use basic (Omega) to keep his tm low
    Teebo: try and keep him stealthed vs the captain and use his basic against him to keep his tm low. If the captain has a buff & you can't stealth Teebo you can use Bring Low
    -Ewok Elder: save his dispel ability and use it only when someone is death marked. If someone dies revive them!

My elder seems to be unable to revive during piggies or rancor. Daka has before, but never with elder. Is this bugged or are you just speculating about elder?
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    My elder seems to be unable to revive during piggies or rancor. Daka has before, but never with elder. Is this bugged or are you just speculating about elder?

You can't revive if the Rancor devours the character or if they die while they have the deathmark status debuff
  • Options
    Its Ackbar. Remove deathmark on phase 1, kill the 2 guards with dps. Then you will be able to solo the main guard, add in Turn Meter reduction (Teebo/QGJ) then you would be soloing him for a longer time.
    829-416-931
  • Options

I'm pretty sure I've revived cgaracters with elder - just not if they were killed with deathmark or devour. I will take note to test this though just to be sure
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    Yep AA rules in phase 1, especially with Ewoks but even just Teebo can be huge. Having Chirpa and EE doesn't hurt either. ;)
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    My buddy creamed the tier V guards for 3.5 mil with four maxed ewok and RG, that's 90% of their health from one player...
  • ichotolot
    229 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    jomamaphat wrote: »
    I know ackbars dispell is useful and i am farming him now but does he make that much of a difference?
    It does in phase 1, he removes deathmark. Because of this its possible to last until the pigs get enraged.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I've been using EE in phase 1 and Ackbar against the Rancor as any negative status effects significantly reduce damage. I use Ackbar with Rey but am still working out timing it so she is buffed with advantage w/o negative effects; he is more difficult to time then EE but adds more to overall damage output.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure I've revived cgaracters with elder - just not if they were killed with deathmark or devour. I will take note to test this though just to be sure

Confirmed that Tribal Healer ability revives characters in T7 - it worked twice as I was dispelling deathmark. I did not try using Power of the Forest.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    Options
    jomamaphat wrote: »
    My guild plays level 5 raids. I finish 2nd in my guild. I have 15 seven star toons and 10 toons that are 5 or 6 stars. The guy that finishes 1st in raids has about 10 toons with 7 stars but he beats me by 25 percent or so. I dont care that much about finishing 2nd because the difference in rewards is negligible. His toons are basically the same except he has kylo and ackbar at 5 stars and i dont have either. I know ackbars dispell is useful and i am farming him now but does he make that much of a difference? I rarely retreat unless rey or gs cannot escape when needed.

Dispel trumps every ability in the first phase pigs. I do not have a defensive dispeller (excluding barriss) and my raid dps jumped after i started using jedi comp for the first phase (with badly equipped jedi). That one team of barriss-lumi-QGJ-ahsoka-yoda, did more damage than 2.5 full teams of characters without defensive dispel. The debuff is ruthless and gamebreaking.

A dispeller like ackbar would be even better, because I would be free to use whatever comp i wanted without being restricted to jedi (and a 40% dispel rate that forced me to burn heals when it didnt proc).