Shards from Chrome Packs for 7* Heroes

Hi EA Team - is it intended that characters that are already 7* receive shards from chrome packs? I think that it creates a sub optimal player experience if there's no algorithm built in to handle this unless of course there's future changes that give your characters higher upgrade capability than 7* or some sort of a trade in system.

Appreciate your feedback.

Replies

• Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I suspect it is as intended. that way when you purchase packs theres a possibility your giving them money for nothing because those shards are meaningless. Wasted pack pull results in you having to buy more to get stuff that is actually meaningful :(

even if they do implement the talked about shard exchange we'll get TAXED on our shards to the point its still almost meaningless that we received them. Hopefully not but I doubt they'll give us a decent exchange rate on shards we can't use as it just means more money for them. le sigh :(

• Options
    I think if more people express how frustrating this type of thing is the more likely they listen and do so ring about it. Thanks for posting, it's super frustrating.
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    Options
    **** I thought the shard trading was something that was real? I have so many extra chewbacca and cad bane shards I almost threw my phone at the wall when I got another 25 cad shards .....

EA please let us trade extra shards ... Even if it's random I don't care
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    yeah I've got 74 shards for my 7* Ig-86, 55 shards for my 7* Jedi consular and intentionally didn't focus on some other toons so I could buy myself some time and not end up with extra shards on other characters. I hope they will provide us a means of exchanging them. even if it comes down to trading in say 8 pulls worth of shards from characters to get another x8 chromium pack, I would be fine with that. I just don't want to get taxed on them that would make me feel kinda crummy about spending the money if the shards were devalued by a high tax to trade them in for gems or something. Some shards are worth more then others especially the ones that you can ONLY get from chromium packs.