Level 45, Trying to Decide 5th Arena Squad Member

Ricter
94 posts Member
My current arena squad looks like:
5* Lumi
4* GS
3* QGJ
3* RG

Now, I need that fifth slot filled, probably by someone from arena shipments. But who?

By reading guides, Sith is the obvious answer, and I have him unlocked. However, the guides I've been reading are dated, and I'm seeing more and more comments about how Sith is bad at 70. 70 is a long way off, but is there a better choice I can make for that fifth slot now?

The potential candidates look like IG-86, IG-88, HK-47, and Stormtrooper Han. Now I've already unlocked Sith, but I don't think I continue to invest in a bad choice, and am okay with taking a short-term loss for a long-term gain.

My relevant unlocked characters:
4* Sith
2* IG-86
2* Biggs (not really competitive, but I do appreciate his toughness compared to IG-86 especially with the crit-spam teams)

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    If you are looking for someone to farm out of arena who will be good long term, the top 3 (IMHO) are Han, Akbar, Ventress in that order.
  • Ricter
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm worried about the long-term viability of the droids and Sith.
  • Options
    Sith? You mean Sid right? If your not going the droid route id go with Han.

I started another account, F2P. I am level 53, hitting rank 1 everyday with QGJ, GS, Lumi, RG, and St Han.

There's one team on my server running all 7 stars purple gear and I'm the only team able to beat him at the moment.

Sid is good early on but becomes pretty much unplayable end game. Not worth investing time and resources into imo.

• DarthMelkor
    277 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    At level 45 I'm thinking you are going to have a hard time staring up RG, so I would go with ST Han. Some top arena teams in the current meta actually use both,so you wouldn't need to replace RG yet,but I'm also thinking that in a months time a 3 or 4 star RG might make your team a target in arena, by then you should have more options that you might want to replace RG for someone else. When you do, you wouldn't have to fill a void by not having a tank, you would already have Han.

As for who else to focus farming on, GS is a good easy to gear choice, Qui Gon is also very good. Lumi is probably going to be really useful in GW, but eventually less useful in arena, so maybe once you reach 6* switch to farming Phasma. She would make a great leader in arena. Also, try joining a guild, when you do you should focus on buying shards for Rey because she is probably the best dps in the game. Only Leia comes close to Rey, and that's mostly because her stealth makes her impossible to take out early in the fight.
  • Ricter
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I meant Sid, not Sith. Seems like the general consensus agrees with my concerns. Thanks for the pointers.